RBS Junior Associate Auditions 2021

Tdc34

9 hours ago, DancingMatilda said:

Controversial but I'm wondering if results will be after the government announcement on 14th June about social distancing guidelines being relaxed from 21st? I think distancing rules were a key point in how many children they could accept last year? 

Maybe ? Although it’s a long time from June to September when they would start classes , so things change often , I’d like to think by September we should be in a better situation in regards to Covid 

• Like 1

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Results in 2019 started on Tue 11th they came out by centre and paused on the Friday and Monday. All were out by the 21st June. 

Hang in there everyone, perhaps they’re trying to get back to normal so with or without the 21st looming you should hear in the next couple of weeks. 

Keeping my fingers tightly crossed for you all. 🤞

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SJBallet said:

Results in 2019 started on Tue 11th they came out by centre and paused on the Friday and Monday. All were out by the 21st June. 

Hang in there everyone, perhaps they’re trying to get back to normal so with or without the 21st looming you should hear in the next couple of weeks. 

Keeping my fingers tightly crossed for you all. 🤞

That would be the equivalent of the first group being issued today @sjballet 🤞🏻

1 minute ago, Balletbow said:

I think they’ll be doing the JEP again, my daughters certificate & email said ‘well done for completing our first junior engagement programme’, not something you’d put if it was a one-off 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think this would be a good way for them to raise funds plus give more children an opportunity to participate. I do wonder if they will offer the program again. 

7 minutes ago, Balletbow said:

I think they’ll be doing the JEP again, my daughters certificate & email said ‘well done for completing our first junior engagement programme’, not something you’d put if it was a one-off 🤷🏻‍♀️

That's interesting. How did your daughter find doing JEP and what was the frequency of classes?

31 minutes ago, Pinkandwhite said:

It’s a nice thought that there might possibly be more opportunities. It would be so nice. Last year did they let children know about JEP at the same time as giving out JA places and no emails or did JEP come later? 

We all found out if we were a Yes, No or SWL. The JEP was introduced after i believe but correct me if i am wrong 

1 hour ago, Balletmad78 said:

That's interesting. How did your daughter find doing JEP and what was the frequency of classes?

She loved them, the JEP classes were fortnightly from January and lasted 1hr 10. We found out a few weeks after her getting SWL 

35 minutes ago, dancecrazy1 said:

my daughter did the JEP course and loved it! classes were every two weeks and we had resources emailed ahead of each class with lots of theory which was brilliant! 

This sounds great. 

25 minutes ago, BusyDancemum said:

Just came up on my Facebook memories that 3 years ago today we found out my older daughter got her JA’s place.  I’m thinking it could be a omen and we might find out today 😆 

🤞

• Like 1

On 01/06/2021 at 18:23, SarahG1881 said:

We were thoroughly watched on all 3 the first time, then a viewing on 2 and 3 around half of each watched, then another quick view today. 
Hooefully it means she isn’t a straight no 🤞

I think the second viewings is a good sign,  ours have just been watched once through for each video so I'm pretty sure it's a no.

4 hours ago, BusyDancemum said:

Just came up on my Facebook memories that 3 years ago today we found out my older daughter got her JA’s place.  I’m thinking it could be a omen and we might find out today 😆 

My eldest daughter got her place from the London results on 21/6 in 2019 according to my FB memory!  So could be another few weeks yet!

14 hours ago, Nicolamcaree said:

Sorry to be silly, new to all this, what is JEP? Thankyou ❤️

JEP is the Junior Engagement Programme, it was run for the first time this year for those on the Short Wait List. It was really good, I’ll be happy if my daughter was to get it again this year tbh (obviously prefer JA lol!) x

17 minutes ago, SarahG1881 said:

Are people still getting second viewings? 
I’m hopeful we may hear this week.

Ours were last viewed a couple of weeks ago… nothing since… I am hopeful it might be this week too 🤞🏻

12 minutes ago, BusyDancemum said:

Mine were all viewed 11th May and I’ve just looked again and they are being viewed right now 😱 

Exciting! Ours were viewed properly weeks ago and then 45 secs on each last week 😂 who knows what that means, I’ve stopped trying to guess! 😂 🤷🏻‍♀️

We’re waiting for her regular grading results to come out too - I’m impatient now! 

8 minutes ago, Balletbow said:

Exciting! Ours were viewed properly weeks ago and then 45 secs on each last week 😂 who knows what that means, I’ve stopped trying to guess! 😂 🤷🏻‍♀️

We’re waiting for her regular grading results to come out too - I’m impatient now! 

Aww fingers crossed 🤞 It doesn’t look like the stats have updated yet but looks like a view on each and average view of 14 secs.   Ahhhhh! 

14 minutes ago, Balletbow said:

Us too. She did G2 in Feb half term and we still haven’t heard. I’ve almost forgotten about it as she’s about to do her G3 exam 🤦‍♀️

27 minutes ago, Babyballerinamum said:

Us too. She did G2 in Feb half term and we still haven’t heard. I’ve almost forgotten about it as she’s about to do her G3 exam 🤦‍♀️

Wow that was quick in between the two! My dd did her Grade 1 exam last month (which had been cancelled from last year), but her teacher wants to move her up to the Grade 3 class but their exam isn’t until early July so she’s in class limbo currently while she waits for them to finish prep. 🤦🏻‍♀️

9 minutes ago, Balletbow said:

FYI if anyone is interested the auditions have just opened up for the London Children’s Ballet’s production of Anne of Green Gables - you register now for audition in October x

Thanks for the heads up

on this one 😊