• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Tony Newcombe said:

The new intake of Aud Jebsen dancers are now listed on ROH website. No apparent changes in status of the dancers

I am thinking of last season's Aud Jebsen Young Dancers who have company contracts ☺️

They have not been formally announced as joining the RB but, in fact, are all now listed as Artists, along with the Prix Apprentice (Sumina Sasaki). The dancers I am thinking of are: Madison Bailiey; Liam Boswell; Brayden Gallucci; Bomin Kim; and Ginevra Zambon. Really pleased for them all.

• Like 4

There was an announcement of the new joiners .....

I’m still searching for the official notice.   In the meantime here’s an extract from Graham Watt’s Facebook on 1st October:

The Royal Ballet has announced that seven recently graduated dancers join the Company on 12-month, fixed term contracts for the 2020/21 Season.

From The Royal Ballet School, six graduates join the Aud Jebsen Young Dancers Programme: Denilson Almeida Afonso, Daichi Ikarashi, James Large, Hanna Park, Maddison Pritchard and Marianna Tsembenhoi.

The Company also welcomes Marco Masciari, graduate of the Académie Princesse Grace and gold medallist at the 2020 Prix de Lausanne. Masciari joins the Company as the Prix de Lausanne dancer for the 2020/21 Season, continuing the longstanding scholarship arrangement with this prestigious dance award.

The Aud Jebsen Young Dancer programme was established in 2014 and provides recently graduated dancers a year’s contract to be nurtured and perform alongside the corps de ballet of The Royal Ballet. This programme is central to The Royal Ballet’s commitment to support emerging talent and since its inception has provided contracts for 35 dancers at the first stage of their careers.

Created in 1973, the Prix de Lausanne is an annual international competition for young dancers aged 15 to 18 years old.  Prix de Lausanne winners have the opportunity to dance with a professional company on a 12-month scholarship.

1 minute ago, FionaE said:

There was an announcement of the new joiners .....

I’m still searching for the official notice.   In the meantime here’s an extract from Graham Watt’s Facebook on 1st October:

The Royal Ballet has announced that seven recently graduated dancers join the Company on 12-month, fixed term contracts for the 2020/21 Season.

From The Royal Ballet School, six graduates join the Aud Jebsen Young Dancers Programme: Denilson Almeida Afonso, Daichi Ikarashi, James Large, Hanna Park, Maddison Pritchard and Marianna Tsembenhoi.

The Company also welcomes Marco Masciari, graduate of the Académie Princesse Grace and gold medallist at the 2020 Prix de Lausanne. Masciari joins the Company as the Prix de Lausanne dancer for the 2020/21 Season, continuing the longstanding scholarship arrangement with this prestigious dance award.

The Aud Jebsen Young Dancer programme was established in 2014 and provides recently graduated dancers a year’s contract to be nurtured and perform alongside the corps de ballet of The Royal Ballet. This programme is central to The Royal Ballet’s commitment to support emerging talent and since its inception has provided contracts for 35 dancers at the first stage of their careers.

Created in 1973, the Prix de Lausanne is an annual international competition for young dancers aged 15 to 18 years old.  Prix de Lausanne winners have the opportunity to dance with a professional company on a 12-month scholarship.

I realise this does not mention the prior years Aud Jebsen dancers who are now Artists!   Hmm 🤔 

Just wanted to say that I am slowly watching the Gala again - I'm making it last to get a daily "fix"!!!!   I just watched the white swan pdd and I have to say that watching it close-up on my tablet rather than on the computer, I saw it in a more intimate fashion and it was absolutely exquisite!!!  In the actual theatre, unless you are glued with opera glasses, you don't get the chance to become one with the dancers.  I was honestly almost in tears at the sheer beauty of it.  In these awful black days I am so grateful to the ROH for giving us the opportunity to remember how divine our ballet world can be!  Sorry if I'm gushing, but honestly that's how I feel...........

Edited by Dance*is*life
  • Like 12

Yes I am getting more and more impressed with Akane Takada she was lovely in Wolf Works too....and Ed Watson he is definitely going out on a high! Still got everything absolutely. Pulling a section out of a ballet like Wolf Works to perform at a gala is not easy but the three of them Takada Watson and Richardson ( those turns!) pulled it off amazingly and like another poster has given me an appetite to see it again soon!!!

like Dance is Life am slowly making way through this gala still. Loved the R and J but  this couple already totally put me through the ringer earlier at the ROH so not possible to reach those heights with this short extract. 
Am very pleased that the Royal Ballet has managed to attract Marco Masciari ....he looked very promising indeed at the Prix earlier this year....seems like 5 years ago now already! 

• Like 3

How is it that I can't seem to watch this again??  I click on the link, log in, and then I just get a big black box where the video should (I assume) show.  I did leave a message for the ROH but needless to say I haven't had a response.  Can anyone advise please?

5 minutes ago, Sim said:

How is it that I can't seem to watch this again??  I click on the link, log in, and then I just get a big black box where the video should (I assume) show.  I did leave a message for the ROH but needless to say I haven't had a response.  Can any advise please?

Don’t have any advice Sim but I just accessed it via my original booking.

13 minutes ago, Sim said:

How is it that I can't seem to watch this again??  I click on the link, log in, and then I just get a big black box where the video should (I assume) show.  I did leave a message for the ROH but needless to say I haven't had a response.  Can any advise please?

I access it through the "What's On" page. Did you hover over the screen to see if anything like a slider came up on the bottom? Originally the program actually started 30 minutes in but that's fixed when I look at it now. 

Have you tried clearing your cookies? 

Edited by oncnp

5 minutes ago, Tony Newcombe said:

Don’t have any advice Sim but I just accessed it via my original booking.

That's how I have been trying!  I will give it another go soon.  I have done my back in so I am pretty restricted in my movements, the weather is grey, I am fed up with Covid-19 and the whole world at the moment...so I want to watch Anna-Rose and Marcelino bring sunshine into my life, if only for a few minutes.  Ditto Carousel, and much of the rest of the performance.  And I can skip the presenter, too!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, oncnp said:

I access it through the "What's On" page. Did you hover over the screen to see of anything like a slider came up on the bottom? 

Have you tried clearing your cookies? 

Yes, I have tried going via What's On, and nothing happened with a hover.  My daughter has just tried and she managed it so is going to send me a link.  If that doesn't work, I will try to clear the cookies.  I should probably do that anyway;  I have so many!  Thanks.

Just now, Sim said:

Yes, I have tried going via What's On, and nothing happened with a hover.  My daughter has just tried and she managed it so is going to send me a link.  If that doesn't work, I will try to clear the cookies.  I should probably do that anyway;  I have so many!  Thanks.

Good luck! I hope you get in OK.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sim said:

'Hope you can get it to work and you're feeling better 😀

21 minutes ago, bridiem said:

Good luck! I hope you get in OK.

Thanks everyone.  I am in. I didn’t realise I had to use Chrome instead of IE!!  🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️    

Already feeling better after The Dream!

• Like 4

I know this is going to really reveal my ignorance but what does “clear cookies” mean and how would you do it🤔

Glad you’re in Sim I’ve just got Elite to watch now. 
I went via the Whats on page initially and then went into past activity ( that thing that looks like an open book) to access each time after that as it holds the place I’ve got to in the viewing. 
Not sure what will happen once I’ve finally got to the end though and want to watch any or all of it again 

35 minutes ago, Sim said:

Thanks everyone.  I am in. I didn’t realise I had to use Chrome instead of IE!!  🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️    

I hope you're not using IE for anything. Microsoft stopped supporting it ages ago (i.e. not updating security). It does work with IE's successor, Edge but better with Chrome. 

7 hours ago, Sim said:

Didn't the instructions specifically say that it wouldn't work with IE?

Hope you feel better soon, Sim.

3 minutes ago, alison said:

Didn't the instructions specifically say that it wouldn't work with IE?

Hope you feel better soon, Sim.

Yes they did... I just stupidly didn’t read them until this afternoon.  🤦🏻‍♀️

Thanks Alison.  Strong painkillers and a very hot water bottle are slowly improving things.  

• Like 1

On 16/10/2020 at 10:40, Balletfanp said:

Also Leticia Stock is expecting a baby and Gemma Pitchley-Gale had one a little while ago (all public on their Instagram accounts).

How lovely - I don’t have much time for Instagram so only follow a select few, I dug a bit, but didn’t get through everyone. I feel like it would be nice to say this on their bios.

6 hours ago, annekh510 said:

How lovely - I don’t have much time for Instagram so only follow a select few, I dug a bit, but didn’t get through everyone. I feel like it would be nice to say this on their bios.

Surely that is down to whether the individual dancers want this on their biographies? 

One issue coming out of the pandemic is that most of the websites I look at have not been properly updated since before lockdown.  Usually there are people who can put on news items but as regards the rest we have just got to wait.

2 minutes ago, jmhopton said:

Does anyone know anything about Beatrix Stix Brunel? Just realised she wasn't in the concert (couldn't see her name, anyway) and can't see anything recent on social media (though I'm not at all expert on it!)

She's been ill but is recovering. She has posted about it on her IG account. 

3 hours ago, oncnp said:

She's been ill but is recovering. She has posted about it on her IG account. 

Thanks oncnp. I did look at her last 2 Instagram posts but didn't see anything. Haven't really grasped how it works yet!

Edited by jmhopton
typo

Thanks oncnp. Got it now. 

Promise not to mention any other dancers but was intrigued why Joseph Sissens did a brief introduction to the concert but didn't seem to be participating. Does anyone know? Tried Facebook and Instagram but couldn't see anything. 

Edited by jmhopton
Add query