RBS Junior Associates 2019

AllAboutTheJourney

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Waverley said:

Well done to the yesses and commiserations to the not yets - are these ones today all London 1 so far?

Do people think they will make it to London 4 or is that just unrealistic? Am hopefull they will want it all off their desks before the weekend...!

They managed all of London in one day last year, and they have started early today, so I’ll remain hopeful with you that London 4 will be completed today and we can both resume normal non email refreshing life for the weekend!!  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Leo88 said:

Sorry Hun, a no for us also ☺️ I hope your LO will be ok and take the news well. I’m just so thankful the wait is over xx

I’m sorry for your DC as well. Yes, thankful the wait is over and as one door closes, another opens as her teacher wants to enter her in some RAD awards event. That should soften the blow a bit. xx ☺️

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Catlynn said:

I’m sorry for your DC as well. Yes, thankful the wait is over and as one door closes, another opens as her teacher wants to enter her in some RAD awards event. That should soften the blow a bit. xx ☺️

My thoughts exactly 😘🙏 I wish your daughter lots of luck and can’t wait to go through all this again for Mids 😬😜🤣 can now accept Northern ballet associate place and look forward to her attending her last year as an Elmhurst Associate. Good luck to all you amazing dancers and supportive dance parents 💖☺️ Xx

Edited by Leo88
  • Like 2

I am have been lurking ever since the London 1 auditions, and I registered yesterday in order to post whatever dd's result was.

She got a yes - in the 24 week schedule (which I think was our second choice, after the 32 week option, but I can't be 100% certain).

I am over the moon!  The 24 week schedule will work better for us, as we live about an hour and a half outside of London.  I don't know the exact schedule i.e. every other week or short terms, but I think the logistics will be much easier for us to manage.

Anyway, she was London 1, group 4, and has a year 6 place.

Best wishes to everyone else awaiting/getting their results today.

Edited by LJP
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, InOverOurHeads said:

Its a no for us, London 3!

Sorry to hear that! She was going for a year 5 place right, and was very young from what I can remember? Each of our little DC's have done so well to even attend such a big audition - best of luck for next year! xxx

PS. We were London 3 Group 3 - so just after you! No results yet! xxx

• Like 2

Just now, Balletmum2Many said:

Sorry to hear that! She was going for a year 5 place right, and was very young from what I can remember? Each of our little DC's have done so well to even attend such a big audition - best of luck for next year! xxx

PS. We were London 3 Group 3 - so just after you! No results yet! xxx

Yes she is August born and never done anything like this before.  Good luck for your results xx

55 minutes ago, Balletboo said:

It’s a no for us for yr 5. 

I have mixed feelings about whether to let her try again next year. 

Depends how much she wants to do it - it’s not cheap is it? If there were over 1400 children applying, that’s over £70,000 in application fees 😳

• Like 3

How are the results going? Are most London results in now?

Thinking ahead to next year, I’m wondering if there are other schools that offer associate programmes for year 7? I know there is Central School of Ballet in London, but are there others? It would be nice to have some options as it seems my dd, as lovely as she is, may not be the RBS ‘type’

6 minutes ago, Sally-Anne said:

How are the results going? Are most London results in now?

Thinking ahead to next year, I’m wondering if there are other schools that offer associate programmes for year 7? I know there is Central School of Ballet in London, but are there others? It would be nice to have some options as it seems my dd, as lovely as she is, may not be the RBS ‘type’

Yes, I’m interested too. Still trying to figure out how to tell my DD. She is a such beautiful ballerina (that is her in my profile pic). Maybe we just stick to festivals for now. 🤔