RBS Junior Associates 2019

AllAboutTheJourney

3 minutes ago, valentina said:

It won’t  matter one scrap that you’re Dd was not looking well that day. They are looking at the photos for physical purposes only. Leg length versus body length, feet, neck length etc. Experts can also tell a fair bit about hip rotation from a photo too, although I’m not sure that’s applicable for JA photos. It also won’t  matter what quality the photos are providing they can see what they need to see! Photos in your living room are fine. Your photos will be kept on file for future reference and so they can begin to build a profile of potential students.

I hope so. Last year’s pictures looked much nicer but hopefully her technique is better in this year’s even if her face looks tired!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Shari said:

My goodness.....today is certainly starting to feel like the ‘longest day of the year’. Good luck to all still waiting. 

From the sounds of it, the relevant lady doesn't work on Fridays (or potentially Mondays) so don't hold your breath if you can help it...

1 minute ago, MissEmily said:

From the sounds of it, the relevant lady doesn't work on Fridays (or potentially Mondays) so don't hold your breath if you can help it...

Trying very hard not too, unfortunately easier said than done. Thank you though. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MissEmily said:

I was really hoping last Friday’s radio silence was because of their Summer Fair prep...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tututendu said:

I was really hoping last Friday’s radio silence was because of their Summer Fair prep...

The Summer Fair only involved White Lodge and the Year 6 JAs; I'm not sure this lady would have had anything to do with it. But let's hope you're right! My little pupil has got her ballet exam next week and I really don't want her to receive the inevitable "no" right before it... She'll bounce back but it will take her a day or two and a proper chat from me. Although when she came out of her audition, she said she'd loved it so much she kind of hoped she hadn't got in so she would get to do it all again next year!  :-D

1 hour ago, BattementBatty said:

How important do you think the photos are?  My daughter was really ill (looks terrible dark circles etc) when we took them but had to do them that day as we were running late for sending them in!

Whilst we were waiting for our results I kept looking back at DDs photos and pulling them apart (she has a double chin on one as her head is down 😳😁). 

Also on the day of the audition DD was at the end of recovery from an ankle injury and hadn’t danced for several weeks before hand. Not only that but she was also poorly we got to the audition and weren’t 100% sure whether she’d actually go in. Thankfully she brightened when her friends turned up. But still looked unwell 😮

Once we were back home I took some more pics for another application and she looks so pale and drawn on them. 

On the face of all of all this I really thought the odds were stacked against her but she was lucky enough to be offered a place. 

This is probably quite an outing post but hopefully it provides some reassurance that you really cannot ever know. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting. 

Just now, MissEmily said:

Oh gosh, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your DC takes it well. At least the horrible wait is over. We're Day 4, Group 2, so still waiting...

She will be disappointed, but fine. We know that her feet are not really as good as the RBS look for, although she has improved them a lot. She understands this, so won’t be surprised. I’m taking her to a rehearsal for an ENO production in which she dances - the choreographer is Wayne McGregor and he thinks she is great, so that’s a consolation/distraction for her. There is more than one path in this funny old dance world, I managed a 15 year career as a professional dancer without ever having been to the RBS at all 😊

• Like 6

2 hours ago, BattementBatty said:

How important do you think the photos are?  My daughter was really ill (looks terrible dark circles etc) when we took them but had to do them that day as we were running late for sending them in!

Was tempted to doctor my dd photos to make her look like Margot Fonteyn! 🤣🤣🤣. Don't worry, I didn't. I think they'd quickly realise very quickly that my child bears little to no resemblance to her, other than having a head, some arms (in the wrong place) and legs (just!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BattementBatty said:

My daughters photos weren’t great and she got a yes! 

10 hours ago, Sally-Anne said:

I shall be proudly posting our ‘no’ in the interest of accurate representation 😂(If we ever find out...

Good for you.

10 hours ago, Sally-Anne said:
55 minutes ago, Sally-Anne said:

London 1 is out - and it is a no for us, as expected 

So sorry it's a no. I've had two years of no's and it will be a no again this year. I tried to discourage DD from applying- the last two years were so stressful and the lack of transparency, the constant speculation of what they are looking for and the wait is all too much. There are very few spaces already, which decreases the older your DC get that really one is looking at less than a 10% chance of getting in. I already told my one to expect a no. No expectations mean no upset. 

• Like 2