Lower School Auditions 2016

balletmum20

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly ballet related, but my elder daughter auditioned this week for Arts Ed school in London for signing and drama course and I got a call this morning she has got a place for year 9! She will be so happy.

Just have to hope we have good news in next few weeks for younger DD who is waiting to do finals for YDA and Elmhurst ...

I'm going to be broke though ...

Edited by amos73
  • Like 11

Not exactly ballet related, but my elder daughter auditioned this week for Arts Ed school in London for signing and drama course and I got a call this morning she has got a place for year 9! She will be so happy.

Just have to hope we have good news in next few weeks for younger DD who is waiting to do finals for YDA and Elmhurst ...

I'm going to be broke though ...

Wow -  congrats & lucky to have such a talented pair of kids! Good luck for finals to come......& on winning the lottery for those fees :)

• Like 1

Good luck to all those still to audition. Just wanted to offer a few (hopefully) wise words having the benefit of hindsight. My DD auditioned for Hammond Associates towards the end of Year 6. Totally unexpectedly we received a telephone call offering her a full time place for Year 7. We had never considered this and as my DD was quite shy and home loving, we turned it down and she just did Associates whilst carrying on at her very good dance school. My DD is now in her 2nd year of the Hammond Professional students doing dance so I guess if it's meant to be it will be. Don't be disheartened by a no. My DD had no's along the way, she also had yes's. It's a bumpy ride not for the faint hearted but somehow the right path will show itself at the right time.

• Like 10

Does anyone know of any Yr 9 places given out from White Lodge for girls? Or even a wait list? DD is Ok and has Summer School to think of now!

I know of 1 girl who has been potentially been offered a Year 9 place, although like the Year 8 offer it seems to be subject to a dance class alongside the current pupils. The year 8 one is happening today so I guess they should know soon.

• Like 1

Waiting mum - is this a new thing then? I'd never heard of the place being conditional on doing dance class with current year before?

No I'm not aware of it happening before. The year 8 candidate had to come a dance in one of the year 7s ballet classes yesterday, don't know why they have started doing this - to make a better comparison I guess!
  • Like 1

Thanks waiting mum - are they from YDA? Do you know if they offer waiting list places at this point?

I'm not sure where they are from. I guess they will need to make a decision on the whether the prospective candidates are offered a place before they go to the waiting list but only know what my dd is telling me - sorry!

You would think that some of the children offered WL recently would be the same as those offered the MDS at Tring, and may now choose to go to WL.  In which case I guess there may be some movement.  I don't know how much though! Let's assume that you are number 25 at Tring.  That doesn't initially sound too hopeful...., but if 24 get offered White Lodge/Elmhurst, and those are the ones ahead of you......