Tring lower school dance audition date through!!!!

Busymum

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a no and the reserve list for us.  :( Even when expected it's still a little sad to get the actual letter. Good luck to those still waiting and a massive well done to those who are celebrating with a yes this weekend!

Thank you HappyMum and I hope you receive good news soon. The waiting is the worst! Dd is  a fighter so she'll be ok. I help out at one of her ballet lessons (which was first thing this morning) and I expected her to look a bit deflated and sad, but she did the exact opposite; worked her socks off and performed the class like she was on stage! So hopefully these knocks will only stand to make her stronger as I guess she feels she has more to prove! 

• Like 1

Ah well, at least the letter has been put nicely together, I liked the "we were very mpressed by your daughter " or smthg like that - so I did read it to her but didn't really lift her spirits up.

Sorry your DD is sad Lema, but they still have Elmhurst audition to look forward to! See you on Tuesday (we are group 1).

• Like 1

Wow cant quite believe that these students who are JAs ao are obviously talented are only getting "reserve list" what are the schools looking for? Well done to all for getting so far and lets hope that you have what Elmhurst are looking for!

DRSC

Well we do hear that if a DC made it to WL finals you might nearly be sure that they will get offers at other 3 schools and nearly definitely MA place and that's what my DD was thinking (unfortunately!) but I don't think it's true, it does depend on so many factors! At finals they do check things which they didn't at preliminary auditions etc etc.

Just remember that there were very very few MDSs. There are still auditions to complete. Your children really do have so much time to get into vocational schools. If they don't get in to one this year then you get to enjoy them for another year and you will be financially better off. Big hugs everyone and keep going.

• Like 5

So sorry to hear the sad news, but I'm sure there will be movement in the waiting lists in the coming weeks. Presumably there must be some children who receive multiple offers, so when they make their final decision it must free up some space in other schools. Fingers crossed that  will open doors for some of the lovely Balletco girls and boys.

• Like 3

Sorry not to hear happier news from you ladies, but remember there are hardly any MDS places, and some can/do get in from the waiting list once the other schools have made offers too. Commiserations though x

• Like 2

I know about one DS who got a y7 yes from Tring today. He also got a yes from WL and said on Wed that he probably is going to go to WL so that might be one MDS place for smbdy from the reserve list (probably a boy rather then a girl I guess?)

• Like 1

Well dd has sent me a text which says 'I didn't get the funding'. No mention of reserve list but she wouldn't have read the rest of the letter and is now at ballet. Just got hold of my son who has read the letter over the phone to me. Reserve list too until December. Let's hope for a good day for a 'yes' between now and December!

Sorry to hear about all the No's. Remember though they have done incredibly well to even be invited to finals! My dd wasn't and that was very disappointing (especially when she has got through to Elmhurst finals!) I feel it's impossible to know what they are all looking for.

Pas de chat it was only 8 this year ????

And yes there does seen a lot on the reserve list doesn't there Dancermum, would be interesting to know how they choose from that, whether the list is ordered? Hmmm one of those things we'll probably never know but wish we did, would be nice to know how far down the list dd was so whether there is any hope left!! Ah well!!

• Like 1

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I think Tring allow a few 6 th form to keep their MDS right through . My DS was afforded this privilege . I think Elmhurst sixth form are on Dadas . Therefore there are fewer MDS released to lower school at Tring . Please step in someone who may know better than me x