Tring lower school dance audition date through!!!!

Busymum

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the whole funding issue is very difficult. I think that now the DaDa limit has risen it will make it fairer for 16 yr olds, however, there is still a £50k difference between those entitled to an MDS and those for a DaDa. At the end of the day schools want to give funding to the most talented children, it is no less fair that a 16 year old can't get full time training due to funding issues than an 11 year old. In fact, it's more vital for a 16 yr old. But only if they have genuine talent.

• Like 2

DD is just going to bed in a hotel near Tring. She is feeling OK after the WL disappointment, much better then I thought she will. Brave strong girl!

I've got a feeling she won't get to any of the schools she's trying for. I'm trying to break the news gently, so she won't be too disappointed.

But I'm sure she'll have a lovely morning at Tring tomorrow. Good luck to all the DC!!!

• Like 3

DD is just going to bed in a hotel near Tring. She is feeling OK after the WL disappointment, much better then I thought she will. Brave strong girl!

I've got a feeling she won't get to any of the schools she's trying for. I'm trying to break the news gently, so she won't be too disappointed.

But I'm sure she'll have a lovely morning at Tring tomorrow. Good luck to all the DC!!!

Don't give up hope - she must be super talented and have potential to have got through to the finals for the different schools. Keep positive and good luck :)

Happymum

I agree getting to all those finals is fabulous she must be talented. As a Mum it is hard but really try to hold it all together and let her give it her best. And remember this is only for Y7. If she is close but not quite there it may happen for her in the future. Good luck.

Happymum

I have seen your lovely daughter dance and she is beautiful. I'm sure that at least one of the schools will snap her up.

Thank you Twoballerinas! She is a beautiful dancer but not perfect when it comes to physio tests and these are important! Hope one of the school will see it as a room for improvement rather then a reason for a "no".

Anyway, my DD had a lovely morning at Tring today :-) she came out smiling, much happier then after WL auditions.

There were 9 girls for year 7 entry, 6 were asked to stay for physio (my DD included). There were also 9 y7 boys (plus up to 40 older DC).

We have been told that there are only 8 MDS places available and we should hear by the end of the week.

I asked a girl at the reception if that's going to be a letter or an email but she didn't know.

Very slim chances for my DD as she said that all the girls were good but at least this time she was pleased with herself so or was a good experience. Good luck to everybody!

• Like 11

Well, no physio assessment for my dd in the 11.15 class :-( . They took 5 girls out of a group of about 12 girls and a 2 boys for physio, saying it was only because they 'needed more information'. Thus, dd is still in high spirits and happy where there is still hope, and I can see that an MDS would probably not be awarded unless children meet the physical criteria. Bit draining after so much preparation. I expect dd will shrug it off though and carry on because she still has her local classes that she loves.

Some of the children in the audition were already pupils at Tring and had come out of their ballet class to audition. Very harsh situation for them, I thought.

I was told results would be in two weeks by letter, but that they were uncertain because someone from group 1 had asked and had been told Friday. Thought it must have been you Happymum!

Piccolo, I asked only about letter/email (again) and the person I've asked didn't know (again!).

During the talk to parents after the audition today the Head of Dance said that we will hear by the end of the week. Is it possible that y7 will hear much earlier then older DC? Who said it's going to be 2 weeks? I won't cope with 2 weeks' wait.

Last year the results were next day by email so "end of the week" means tomorrow of Friday and I hope not later then that.

Loulabelle, there were at least a couple in the 11.15am class who are current Tring students, one of which didn't have an MDS place for the first year but is now auditioning for one. As much as it feels like it must put our currently non voc dc at a disadvantage, I can't help but feel for those who have already been at the school for a year and may be facing the possibility of having to leave if they are not awarded an MDS place. Must be very hard on them.

Piccolo my dd from the same session was not asked to see the physio either. She feels like she did her best and is remaining positive which is slightly heartbreaking seeing as I think the odds are against her! She was in the same position last year when she tried for a year 7 place and the 'no' email came very quickly the next morning. I hope it isn't a two week wait! 

• Like 1

A few years ago when my DC was in the funding finals there where about 5 current Tring pupils auditioning for the same year all hoping to be awarded funding.  My DC was VERY lucky to be awarded an MDS and out of the current Tring pupils only one of the five was awarded the funding.  

Edited by DancingForJoy

Oh dear, on the upper school news somebody received Tring results today by a letter send yesterday (auditions were on Monday). So I think I should stop checking my email constantly (though last year they sent emails not letters!).

Anyway I've checked my emails right now and there was an email from Tring...... With details about Easter school..... Perfect timing :-)

• Like 1

It's not an easy time, waiting is the worst. Clara - I do know of two girls last year that were not called for physio and were offered a place. Xx

Ah thank you for giving me a glimmer of hope SwaybackSapphire! I'm still not overly optimistic but it's nice to hear it's not a complete impossibility! xx

DancingForJoy, it must have been so so stressful for those who had already been attending the school. Even more pressure for those dc than those hoping for a first time place I would have thought. Well done to your dc for successfully obtaining an award! It's just such a shame there is so little for funding for so many talented children. I have already pre-empted dd for a no, she says she'll be disappointed but she's resilient!  

HappyMum, I leave for work early tomorrow so it will be a long day for me!!

Good luck to everyone awaiting results! 

Xx

• Like 1

Happymum, it was a lady on reception who said a two week wait but I think she must have been guessing just to give me an answer. The Head of Dance is probably a more reliable source.

Clara, I was quite shocked to see the few very balletic looking girls walking out of the school at the same time as us with no physio assessment. I suppose it's the harsh reality, but after reading Swayback Sapphire post, there might be a small chance. There were scores to be added up too as dd reminded me... The Head of Dance did say that, but I'd already read into the fact that there was no physio for dd.

Well, good luck all. Let's hope whatever decisions made on behalf of our children are fair and that those who are awarded the MDS make the most of it. Only saying that after seeing a few bored looking ballet students staring out of the window... Mentioning no names of schools of course!

• Like 2

Oh, I've heard the reception lady saying something like "normally audition results take about 3 weeks" so that's probably her routine answer after the first round of auditions :-)

So let's hope we will get a letter (email?) not later then on Saturday :-)

• Like 1

I totally agree, one audition doesn't mean you are going to be a ballerina or not be a ballerina.  Children develop at such different ages and four no's at the year 7 or 8 stage doesn't mean four no later on. 

Very true - there could well be multiple yesses in the future :)