Tring lower school dance audition date through!!!!

Busymum

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I have just noticed that the dates are on the website now. It looks like for Y7 all the auditions are in a month time 3, 5, 6 & 7th of November. Does it mean that there will be no auditions later in January? Or will there be more dates later?

I've heard back from Tring and they said that they might have more auditions in January but they are not sure and advised to apply soon. So I've sent the forms yesterday and was impressed getting the confirmation email today with all the details. So my DD will be auditioning on Wed 5th Nov, in 4 weeks time exactly (scary!!!!) only today after class she will start to work on her solo with her teacher. I did my bit - I've booked a hotel near Tring. Anybody else will be there on 5th?

The bottom line is they are really just looking at the dancing potential, nothing else. And if it's for an MDS only the ballet.

I too felt really stressed about leotards, shoes, solos etc but it becomes clear as you go through the process that what they are looking at/for is very basic.

I think they probably decide within the first 10 minutes or less for lower school finals - before solos have even been reached.

• 4 weeks later...

Wishing everyone who is auditioning for Lower School at Tring this week the very best of luck!  

If it's anything like the auditions days we experienced last year you'll have a great time and hopefully hear some beautiful singing as the school prepare for the Christmas Carol concert - we loved hearing them and seeing the dance classes that were happening...and now this year DD is amongst them all!  It really doesn't seem like a whole year ago that we were auditioning.

Enjoy it all :)

Hope all went well for those auditioning at Tring today. We are off to Tring tomorrow but I have the most unhappy DD! Her beloved pet died today :-( she says she want be able to dance well and smile as she is too sad :-( very unfortunate timing ....

Hope all went well for those auditioning at Tring today. We are off to Tring tomorrow but I have the most unhappy DD! Her beloved pet died today :-( she says she want be able to dance well and smile as she is too sad :-( very unfortunate timing ....

Good luck for your DD tomorrow - maybe tell her that her pet would want her to do her very best and to dance in tribute to him/her?  Sad timing for you though x

Happymum

I feel for you both, how distressing.My dd's hamster died on Xmas eve and it was hideous - she had auditions in January.

Our tactic was 'Smarties would want you to do your best at the audition.'

Good luck tomorrow xx

• Like 2

Thank you SarahW. DD is going to audition tomorrow with her toe nails painted green (as grass, meadows etc) and beautifully painted white rabbit on one big toe nail and rabbit's name on the other one! Hope it works and cheers her up and brings her luck!

• Like 5