Elmhurst Auditions

Lifeafterballet

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news Taxi

Hi Happymum. We too are sitting in our hotel room in Birmingham as my daughter has an audition tomorrow morning. We may see you there! Good luck if we don't.

Hi! Are you getting there for 8:45 as well? Trying for Y7 place? Good luck to your DD as well. Hope we will meet tomorrow! I'm trying to think how to describe myself and my DD.... I'll have a big ponytail - dark, bit curly hair, wearing skinny jeans. My DD, very slim, burgundy leotard and black ballet wrap. Come and say hello please :-)

• Like 1

Yes we have an 8.45 start too and auditioning for year 7. I'll look out for you and will say hello. There are quite a few girls I know that are auditioning tomorrow so I will probably be in a fairly large group.

Good luck to your DD and all the other children too!

Ax

• Like 2

Thank you all for the good luck wishes.

My DD enjoyed the audition very much! And I loved the school! I've talked to a couple of nice parents to ease the tension :-) and I am pleased to say that I didn't notice any competitive warm up/ stretches etc. most of the children did some warm up etc but in their own space and it all felt ok! Hope everybody else enjoyed it as well. Now the wait! And Mr Parker said "10 days, maybe 2 weeks"! Hope it will be just one week like it was for the last 2 auditions.

• Like 5

Glad it went well Happymum and I agree that there wasn't any competitive stretching at dd's audition either, just everyone in their own space getting their legs warmed up and preparing themselves for class....nothing intimidating :) best of luck to you and your dd let's hope the wait isn't too long xx