Elmhurst Auditions

Lifeafterballet

Hi my DD has her audition for Elmhurst upper on Tuesday. The letter stated she should have clothing for Classical ballet which is all sorted. Does she go underdressed? With something appropriate over the top or do they get changed there. It isn't quite clear and this is her first audition. I'm quite excited for her however she's nervous x

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi my DD has her audition for Elmhurst upper on Tuesday. The letter stated she should have clothing for Classical ballet which is all sorted. Does she go underdressed? With something appropriate over the top or do they get changed there. It isn't quite clear and this is her first audition. I'm quite excited for her however she's nervous x

Hi Vetty

My DD went with her hair done, ballet clothes on (underdressed) and warm outer clothes. They will get taken to some changing rooms where they can change into their ballet shoes.

Good luck!

Ax

• Like 1

Omg!!! Super excited and proud mommy today after receiving a letter from Elmhurst inviting my dd to a final audition!!!! If anyone has children that have been to final auditions I would be really grateful of any info on what to expect please, and for those still to audition I wish you the best of luck!!!

• Like 15

Lema, Congratulations to your dd for getting to finals ... final audition basically consists of a ballet class and a physio examination. From memory they also get a tour of the school, as do the parents on finals day, as well as a look at the accommodation and possibly a talk from the principal and academic head. It's been a while since I was at finals with my dd, so the format may have changed a little. Best of luck.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone I am very proud, also very proud of how dd has took the news, she has remained calm and said she won't get too excited as it could still en in a no but she is proud of herself for getting this far!! Such a mature approach whereas I am already an emotional wreck lol ????

• Like 4

Wow Lema!! Congratulations to your DD! Your post made my heart beat faster. I believe it's a first "letter has arrived" post this school year! We are going to Elmhurst on 18th. Good to know that they are sending the results so fast. Well done to your DD!

• Like 1

Omg!!! Super excited and proud mommy today after receiving a letter from Elmhurst inviting my dd to a final audition!!!! If anyone has children that have been to final auditions I would be really grateful of any info on what to expect please, and for those still to audition I wish you the best of luck!!!

Fantastic news well done what an achievement! Have you many more to do? If so good luck!

Ax

• Like 1