Elmhurst Auditions

Lifeafterballet

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, received my info today for audition 11th November 9:30 and finished by 12pm. Just out of interest it states a leotard, is there any preference to colour and style

or can they wear any colour deemed suitable? Thanks.

Dancing10, I sent my application pretty early as we wanted to get them all off so we could just relax about it. SwaybackSapphire, cool! I'm not quite sure of my time yet but we live about 2 and 1/2 hours away from Birmingham so we have already booked a hotel to stay in.

How long after sending your applications forms did you all hear you had a date .....we haven't heard ....I did send recorded delivery so should have arrived safely x

They are normally pretty quick I think - have you checked the Royal Mail recorded delivery tracking website to see if it has been delivered?

Just got back from Elmhurst Audition, the staff were all very friendly and accommodating, we had a talk from the head and deputy head and were then taken on a tour of the school and finally took in to watch the last 10 mins of the audition. Unfortunatly my daughter is poorly at the moment and also forgot her belt so feeling a bit negative about how she done, but I've told her that these things happen (miscommunication between myself and DD as to who had packed what) and that germs don't care whether you have an important audition or not, but all that said She enjoyed the class although said that they had to keep stopping when people came in to talk to the panel but other than that she said the work was simple and fun and everyone was very friendly. Here's wishing the best of luck to everyone with auditions still to come!!

• Like 1

Hi Lema,

I'm sure the belt doesn't matter at all - don't worry. Hopefully your dd has done her best - I think the adrenaline rush on the day overcomes a lot.

I know the stress of worrying about illness and injury is awful for you.

• Like 1

Thanks sarahw, it's only the back end of a virus but has left her feeling very drained and still has a sore throat so we dosed her up on paracetamol, made sure she had a good breakfast and plenty to drink before we went. She said she thinks she done ok but was quite down when she came out, not like her at all ???? anyway what will be will be. Now just that nerve wrecking 10 day wait to contend with lol

Thanks sarahw, it's only the back end of a virus but has left her feeling very drained and still has a sore throat so we dosed her up on paracetamol,

made sure she had a good breakfast and plenty

to drink before we went. She said she thinks she done ok but was quite down when she came out, not like her at all ???? anyway what will be will be.

Now just that nerve wrecking 10 day wait to

contend with lol

Hope your DD gets better very soon. Such bad timing. My DD's Tring audition is tomorrow morning and she is all in tears as her beloved per died yesterday! Hope she will cope with it tomorrow and should be fine for Elmhurst auditions on 18th

• Like 1