Going back to Muntagirov and when he will,be appearing in Swan Lake I called into the Coli in person last Friday and they couldn't give any info on who would be performing on which days etc.

I only want to see the Swan Lake if he is dancing in it so guess will have to wait and get a ticket at the last minute.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have details of the casting of La Sylphide at the Coliseum?  Would like to book to see Francesca Hayward for the first time but am unsure who will be performing on which dates.

Here is the confirmed casting for St Petersburg Ballet Theatre

17 Aug    Swan Lake        Kolesnikova / Denis Rodkin (Bolshoi Ballet)
18 Aug    Swan Lake        Kolesnikova / Denis Rodkin
20 Aug    Swan Lake        Kolesnikova / Vadim Muntagirov (Royal Ballet)
21 Aug    Swan Lake        Kolesnikova / Vadim Muntagirov
22 Aug    Bayadere          Kolesnikova / Denis Rodkin
23 Aug    Bayadere          Kolesnikova / Denis Rodkin
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have details of the casting of La Sylphide at the Coliseum?  Would like to book to see Francesca Hayward for the first time but am unsure who will be performing on which dates.

Just noticed that Francesca Hayward's name is no longer on the Coliseum website. I hope she hasn't withdrawn from the production.

• 2 weeks later...

I see that the castings for the Queensland Ballet Sylphide are now up on the Coliseum website. I don't know anything about the dancers and, yes, Francesca Hayward is not longer listed. The Cuban Yanela Pinera would seem to be the Sylphide to go for, but which James, Qi Huan or Luke Schaufuss? Does anyone have any ideas?

Mary McKendry was a little before my time, but what a number of blasts from the LFB/ENB past in the casting there!

I loved the Schaufuss production, and am looking forward to seeing this one a few times.  Now I just need to get my diary sorted ...

• Like 1

I notice that some Upper Circle prices now tempting enough (£5,£10) to go to Sylphide more than once, but I have no idea what views are like from row L, or the sides. Also, don't know who are well worth seeing! I have booked for Saturday matinee anyway :) any advice gratefully appreciated. I would hate to snap up a £5 'deal' only to find mall of the rear of the stage not visible for instance.

Edited by nickwellings

I often sit in row L (back row) of the upper circle and find it reasonable, even the sides at least as far as mid-way, I didn't realise they were only £5 and £10, sounds a bargain as you will probably be able to move to another seat anyway.  Might book a £10 ticket myself, don't know this Company but I would like to see Tara and Luke Schaufuss and I could see both at the two Saturday shows!

• Like 1

Can anyone help me with a problem I am having with the ENO website. I can get all the details of shows/dates etc but the seating plan comes up blank.

I phoned the Coliseum and was told it was probably because I have an incompatible browser, possibly Firefox, which no longer works on their site. 

I could change my browser but as the current one works fine everywhere else, I don't want to mess things up just so I can get the Coliseum seating plan, delightful as it is, then find I can't get anything else.

I am not terribly computer savvy so if anyone can give me a simple  - and I mean simple! - solution, I would be very grateful. Thank you in advance.

It's ridiculous - I had the same problem.  I immediately went for Firefox because I know IE8 is proving to be awkward for various website designs, and it didn't work at all.  It's not acceptable for a major website not to be usable by an up-to-date, major browser like this.  Are they trying to force us all onto Chrome (which does work, incidentally)?

Anyway, if they don't want to sell tickets, I guess that's their business.  Perhaps the visiting companies might like to take it up with them.

I had trouble recently with the Coliseum website and found that it was easier to book using the "VISIT" option at the top of the main page, you then click on "Dance and Other"  on the right side of the screen and the Companies are listed, you can scroll up or down to get the Company you want, no other information is available, only booking.

I thought tickets weren't selling that well, and can't understand why more dates are being added, is Irina Kolesnikova dancing every Swan Lake performance now, or does someone else do the matinees with Kimin Kim?

I still can't get the seating plan but there are some dates on the Coliseum/Kolesnikova page, saying who is dancing when, although it doesn't say who is dancing when Kolesnikova is not. Kimin Kim appears to be doing both matinees and Kolesnikova is not doing either of them.

As for adding more dates, I am also surprised but my information as to ticket sales is somewhat out of date, given the website problems. I can't really understand why I can see all the info except seating. Why doesn't it just all work? 

Last time I could see, tickets for Bayadere were very slow as were the early Swan Lakes but that may have changed, not least because we are much closer to kick off.

Out of personal interest, could anyone tell me how the tickets for Sylvie Guillem are going/or gone perhaps?

Out of personal interest, could anyone tell me how the tickets for Sylvie Guillem are going/or gone perhaps?

Based on a sample of 3 of the shows, the Stalls are pretty much sold out but there is availability at the other levels.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I see the Kolesnikova Swan Lake season has been extended again: now from the 13th.  http://www.eno.org/whats-on/other/irina-kolesnikova-swan-lake

And Kimin Kim is also guesting.

Information in an email from Ticketmaster:

"See St Petersburg Ballet Theatre's spectacular production of Swan Lake

The renowned St Petersburg Ballet Theatre continues its 2015 international tour with its London Coliseum season.

Internationally acclaimed Irina Kolesnikova leads guest stars of the Mariinsky Theatre, the Bolshoi Theatre and the Royal Ballet’s own Vadim Muntagirov in a spell-binding production of Swan Lake.

Swan Lake is the classic love story between Prince Siegfried and the Swan Princess Odette. From the iconic lakeside “white act” to the visually stunning palace ballroom, this is the story of lovers divided by the villainous sorcerer Rothbart and true love conquering all.

Wrapped in Tchaikovsky’s glorious and unforgettable music, this full-length ballet is accompanied by The St Petersburg Ballet Orchestra.

With an additional five performances between 13 and 15 August, and additional tickets released for some previously sold out performances, you can witness the lavish costumes, beautiful sets, a company of 55 and leading ballet performers appearing on a rotating basis as part of the season."

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know who designed the Coli's website, but I have to use different browsers for booking, reading info and accessing info on my account. It's worse than navigating the nightmare that is the Barbican website....but at least they are redesigning

I know: it's dreadful.  It seems so hit and miss as to what works.  And thanks for the reminder, Coated - I'm not sure I've sorted the problem which prevented me from booking online for Sweeney Todd earlier this season.

I am reliably informed that Kimin Kim will be dancing with Natalia Matsak of the Kiev Ballet, she will also dance Gamzatti in La Bayadere. 

Matsak danced in Paris when Kolesnikova was unable to last year and she is really very good