RBS junior associates auditions

happy days

Squeaky

just to let you know, I've literally just this minute heard from Elmhurst regarding Manchester auditions by email so the times are obviously starting to filter out. I guess your DS will go into that audition just a slightly bit more relaxed!!  :D

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No news today? I can't wait to hear about others who were offered a JA place. Then I'll be able to work out when Bath results might be out! I thought that because my DD is already a JA the wait will be easier with younger DS - but it isn't! I keep checking my emails and posts on the forum!

I keep checking back for news too. My dd's audition was only a week ago so I know we have ages to wait yet but seeing others starting to get results is still making my heart leap! I need to stop looking I think, or it could be a long few weeks! Good luck all those waiting!

• Like 2

Well done to all the those with places and good luck those still nervously waiting.

This time of year , reading all your posts , always makes me feel a little nostalgic .

I loved my my girls" time with the JAs , we met many lovely children and parents some of which will be life long friends.

JAs is a lovey opportunity you and your children will be invited to open days and workshops at Covent Garden and some may even dance with the company ,enjoy the ride you never know where it will take you !

• Like 7

When you read some of the comments on this thread, it certainly makes you realise just how well some of our DC have done or are doing should I say. My GDD and her friend were in JA's and recently have been successful in their appraisals in MA's. It makes up for some of the disappointment after getting so close to a place at WL a couple of times, and like you say HAIRBELLES, you never know what the future has in store on this wonderful merry go round.  

Just thought I'd add for any late starters, a boy from our local dance school has won a place at ENB, he is 16 and didn't start dancing until he was 12, so it can and does happen 

Edited by Vonrothbart
  • Like 7

Happy news for us too DD has also been offered a place at Leeds - she's 8 .

Still sinking in I too had said look you prob won't get in but we can try next year too! She is in utter shock and so am I x

• Like 7

Huge congrats to your dd Lou78 and all others who've had good news so far! Exciting times!

Lema - I sympathise with your nail biting! I'll be doing the same for weeks yet too! I'm trying not to talk about it with dd too much as don't want her getting anxious about it but not doing do well at distracting myself!

Well done to those with "yes"! Great news!

HappyGirl and Lema - I don't think it will be weeks. I think they already decided who's got a place in every centre but they can't send all the emails in one day! We've heard about 3 centres in 2 days so I hope we will hear about the remaining centres within next 4 WORKING days!

Otherways.... No nails left!!

• Like 2

Good point happymum although I wish you hadn't made it as now I'll be checking my email every 5 mins lol no to be honest we don't have high hope, the odds are slim for all who audition with such high numbers for so few places, so we've just looked at it as a chance to do a RBS class and a bit of audition experience to help dd get used to it, still good luck to everyone still waiting like us :)

I was half thinking that too HappyMum. The results do seem to be coming out in a bit of a flurry now and as you say, they must know who they want pretty much straight away (although there must be some thinking to be done with the centres with more than one day of auditions?)

Our philosophy is very much the same as yours with it all Lema. Dd's ballet teacher suggested she auditioned - I'd not even heard of the scheme before. We have been realistic about chances from the outset and have looked on the whole thing as an experience and a bit of an adventure - and what will be will be. It was such a positive experience though I can't help crossing my fingers for good news now!

• Like 2

Same here happygirl although my daughters been dancing for 4 years we are still very new to the ballet scene and didn't even know associate schemes ran until her teacher asked us to audition her! I wish you the best of luck for your daughters outcome x

Great news Mumofpink!!

Bou- I'm sorry it's a "no" this time.

Tell your DC that my DD's friend had a "no" when she was 8, waiting list when she was 9, accepted at JA when she was 10 and got a place at Elmhust when she was 11!

• Like 10

Congrats on the yes's :) and like people have said the nos could be yes's next year :) my dd got a no for year 4 a waiting list for year 5 and we are waiting for the Birmingham year 6 results ! When she got a no the first year , she didn't give up and auditioned at elmhurst and got a place :). Good luck everyone xx

• Like 2

Hey, Im new to this site, but have followed your conversations since my DD was offered her audition for JA in Eastleigh. Yesterday she was offered a place in September year 5. You guys provided some great incite and we love listening to your advice, so looking forward to seeing how this new adventure goes. And probably asking lots of questions.

• Like 7