RBS junior associates auditions

happy days

Well just to let you know - my young man thoroughly enjoyed todays JA audition - came out with a beaming smile on his face.
Asked what he done - 'I forgot' !!! lol,  piecing it together from conversation they done some barre work, some centre work and some conditioning.  He found it 'odd' working to a pianist (ahh the days) - this was his 2nd time only.

He thinks he done 'good' lol

we should hear by end of June, early July so fingers X'd  :D

• Like 1

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to your DS Squeaky, good to know that he had a good time. I think there are 16 places in a JA class but some are already taken by children who were accepted last year and are currently in Year 4 (as year 4 and 5 children are together in JA class1 and year 6 children are in JA class2 ). Anyway this is how it is in Bath JA. Good luck to your DS, waiting isn't easy. I remember it too well :-)

• Like 1

We are just coming to the end of our first year of JA's and as a year 4 starter we hopefully have another two years. My daughter has enjoyed every minute from the audition onwards. We treated the audition as a fun mummy and daughter day out. Don't get caught up in the competitive flexibility talk and showing off whilst waiting to audition, no one really knows what is being looked for and I can assure you 12 months in not even half of my daughters class of 16 can do the box splits still! We are birmingham ja's if anyone has any questions I am happy to reply.

• Like 4

Hi outofmydepth! Your post is lovely! My dd got on the swl last year (yr4) and is trying again this year in brum for yr5. Your comment about box splits will be passed on to her as she's worrying herself silly that she's nowhere near doing them! Thank you! Also, she was freaked out by the competitive warming up last year so I'll remind her to ignore them all!

• Like 3

When my DS auditioned his box splits were more like a plie in second. But he was successful. Then the following year he got a yes for Whitelodge Summer school. So your dd does not need to worry. Good luck.x

• Like 2

A few of the boys offered WL this year can't do splits three ways as far as I can tell, maybe only one way, if that, for the 2 or 3 I know about.  The girls generally get a bit closer but I don't think it's a necessary for WL even, let alone associates so no one should be put off by not being able to do it.

• Like 2

Hello -  sorry to hijack this thread but just wondering whether anyone has had a letter about the London JA auditions yet? They are due to be the last week of May but we have yet to hear when dd's is. I'm hoping it's just that they haven't sent the letters out yet, rather than it having got lost in the post. Dd is desperate to know when it is - she's so excited!

Thanks. Good to know it's normal not to have heard. I'll just have to encourage dd to wait patiently to hear for a bit longer. I guess they have so many applications to look through that it must take an age to organise it all!

Hi Happygirl, don't worry. When we applied three years ago I ended up phoning as I hadn't heard a fortnight before half term and was worried. The lovely lady on the phone reassured me and told me as my dd was what they classed as a 'rising 8' she was in the very last batch of auditionees on the very last day of auditions. Our letter arrived exactly two weeks before that date! Good luck! It's a great experience.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Funny seeing this post from last year, when DD got her JA place. It was so exciting  (actually still is)

Just to update you.. she has had such a great time and relishes every moment. She is coming to the end of the first year and looking forward to another year.  Not wanting it to end. Such a great opportunity.

A friend asked me to post on here as she is not a forumer. Her little DD has auditioned for JA's this year. She was a bit apprehensive as she auditioned last year for another scheme and did not really have a positive experience. So she wanted me to let anyone, who was not sure about their DD/ DS auditioning to go for it!.

Her DD really enjoyed it, she was on the roof with excitement after and had a fab time, so did the other 7 little ones I know that auditioned this year. Her DD (who likes to win) said she is not bothered about the outcome, she enjoyed it so much and she will be happy to try again if she doesn't get in. She said nothing was difficult and all the people there were really nice. They had a fab day.

So good luck everyone, but most of all enjoy the experience. :)

• Like 5

My dd would love to go for an audition after seeing an advert in a magazine at our dance studio last year. In truth I completely forgot to check when the auditions were and the closing date had gone by the time I checked on the website!

Reading this thread has been great to get a feel of it from you all (and to get up to speed with abbreviations .. JA, WL, SWL, and even MT!)

Dd is about to do EYB (another abbreviation) for 2nd time and at least it's shown me that she's committed to her ballet whereas I'd previous thought she was a bit too care-free to handle an associates class every week

She isn't what I would think of as royal ballet shape (short for her age but average build and not super slim or wiry) but she is flexible (3 splits) so don't know if that's a good thing

Good luck to you all and hoping your letters bring good news

:)

• Like 1

Heard some confusing conversations yesterday I'm hoping someone can enlighten me :)

You can audition at any venue and if offered a class take classes at whichever venue you like?

This seemed confusing to me - if they offer x number of places out and nearly everyone then chooses the same one location surely you'd get a huge class and several small ones elsewhere?

Could a child audition at two different venues?

Hello! Sorry to hijack again. Has anyone had a letter about the London auditions yet? We have yet to hear anything and they are the week after next. Dd is rushing home to check the post every day and is convinced she's not on the list. I'm hoping it will arrive in the next day or so - exatcly a fortnight before the audition day perhaps?

Oooh thanks balletmum20. Maybe ours wil be waiting on the doormat when we get home then. Fingers crossed! Thanks Legseleven. I know everyone that applies gets an audition - and have told dd that. She is just anxious that her name has fallen off the list for some reason. I keep telling her it won't have happened but she's so excited about the whole thing and just wants to know she's definitely going and when. Fingers crossed it will all become clearer soon.

Thanks

• Like 2

If it helps, we had an email acknologing recept then a few weeks later got the letter with session on it... that was for the Eastliegh Audition but assume its the same process?

We are just looking forward to the experience for now - everything I have read on here has been so positive. As you say Legseleven - a yes would be a bonus but for now we are just thrilled that it was even suggested Dd should go! Yes, Jane, we got an acknowledgement email so we know that the application got there ok! Sounds like the letters are arriving today then Balletmum20 - maybe it will be there when we eventually get home this evening! Exciting times!

• Like 1

Letter arrived today!! Thanks for being on tenterhooks on our behalf Flora! Very sweet of you! Dd was very excited and her face just lit up when I handed her the envelope. She put her ballet shoes on straight away and went off to her room to 'practice'! She admitted to bring half excited and half nervous - think it all feels more real now it's in black and white! Audition isn't until 3pm which means will have a long time for the nerves to build up but will plan something nice to do beforehand to try and take our minds of it!!

• Like 4