RBS junior associates auditions

happy days

gosh! this is OUR first audition so have no idea what s involved, what is MT auditions?

i can say about my DD is that she has a good turn out, and def potential...but shes not flex...YET!! shes working at it! B) 

what time do you get there before the audition, and do you do hair before you arrive, or  in changing rooms?? does any one know? 

its a floral street studios. 

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They usually tell you in the letter not to arrive earlier than about 30 mins before the registration time as they have limited space- there's an M&S coffee bar just around the corner and a lovely Costa in Shelton street if you get there too early ! (You can easily do the hair there .)

Most arrive with hair up already and "underchanged " ie leotard under the outdoor clothes as there are only a couple of toilets to change in !

The audition is very relaxed and is an enjoyable class - they all come out with big smiles afterward !

We come up by train to class every Saturday - iif you get to either Victoria or Charing cross rail stations you can easily catch the No 11 bus , get off at Southampton street and turn left and walk up through the market to floral street passing the Royal Opera House on the way !

• Like 1

I know it's easy for me to say now I'm well passed all this, but please try to relax. They're very young and this may or may not be the start of a very long journey. It's wise to be prepared, so there's been good advice here on doing hair beforehand and being "under-changed", also it's a good idea to take spares of things if you can. Otherwise, just try and relax so your child's not stressed and enjoy the day.

Good luck everyone

• Like 5

Reem it really is a great experience for your DD and its probably best to focus on that aspect rather than worrying too much. Having said this I can remember the first time my DD did the dancing competitions and I was almost throwing up even though she skipped onto the stage with a big smile on her face. These children seem to take it in their stride and don't forget there may be others new to the game as well. When my DD first auditioned there was a little one there who had the drawsting of her shoes undone and hanging out just before she was about to go in. I noticed and quickly tied them and tucked them in for her. Her mum looked pale and I asked if she was ok and she told me it was the first time she had done anything like this and she didn't have a clue, so you will not be alone. Don't worry if your DD is talented you will be an "old hand"soon enough!

• Like 6

They usually tell you in the letter not to arrive earlier than about 30 mins before the registration time as they have limited space- there's an M&S coffee bar just around the corner and a lovely Costa in Shelton street if you get there too early ! (You can easily do the hair there .)

Most arrive with hair up already and "underchanged " ie leotard under the outdoor clothes as there are only a couple of toilets to change in !

The audition is very relaxed and is an enjoyable class - they all come out with big smiles afterward !

We come up by train to class every Saturday - iif you get to either Victoria or Charing cross rail stations you can easily catch the No 11 bus , get off at Southampton street and turn left and walk up through the market to floral street passing the Royal Opera House on the way !

thankyou billyelliott, i hope to and fingers crossed for the day...

we will be prepared and 30 min before..its a long time since i ve been to covent garden, in fact 10 years ago!!! i think we ll drive from kent, and try and find parking....well in time, i know its a night mare around there ...

Reem it really is a great experience for your DD and its probably best to focus on that aspect rather than worrying too much. Having said this I can remember the first time my DD did the dancing competitions and I was almost throwing up even though she skipped onto the stage with a big smile on her face. These children seem to take it in their stride and don't forget there may be others new to the game as well. When my DD first auditioned there was a little one there who had the drawsting of her shoes undone and hanging out just before she was about to go in. I noticed and quickly tied them and tucked them in for her. Her mum looked pale and I asked if she was ok and she told me it was the first time she had done anything like this and she didn't have a clue, so you will not be alone. Don't worry if your DD is talented you will be an "old hand"soon enough!

waoooo that is amazing, im picturing everything as you wrote! YES you are ALL right.......RELAX.... :D 

i must!!! 

but really yes your right, we cant be the only ones...its only when you hear comments above you think to your self...OMG!!! 

• Like 1

Wow, you're brave REEM, driving into Covent Garden!!

I KNOW !! but i m in london quite a lot, so i feel im more at ease if we drive down, we lived in not far from waterloo...so i know south - southwest london and can get round there quite easily.. 

it crazy i know....but its all for the BUNHEADS.. !! ha ha

• Like 2

thankyou billyelliott, i hope to and fingers crossed for the day...

we will be prepared and 30 min before..its a long time since i ve been to covent garden, in fact 10 years ago!!! i think we ll drive from kent, and try and find parking....well in time, i know its a night mare around there ...

Have you thought about maybe parking the car in one of the zone 3 overhead tube stations car parks and catching the tube into covent garden?  Parking costs a fortune as does the congestion charges, good luck and enjoy the day!!

Ax

• Like 1

I'm happy driving in London but would always get the train into Convent Garden except for Sundays. Much more straightforward and easier to judge timings. But your have to do whatever you're comfortable with :-)

• Like 3

Have you thought about maybe parking the car in one of the zone 3 overhead tube stations car parks and catching the tube into covent garden?  Parking costs a fortune as does the congestion charges, good luck and enjoy the day!!

Ax

actually brilliant idea amber21....i can park in kennington, as i pass that... great thanks for that..BRILLIANT

• Like 2

Try this thread from last year:

www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/1188-any-junior-associate-results-out-yet/

And you might find useful info in these old threads too:

http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/160-rbs-ja-any-tips-for-a-novice-mum/

http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/554-ja-auditions-2012/page-3

http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/1001-question-about-rb-ja/

• Like 2

so i remember reading a thread once some one has written, about the way it work ..i wonder if any one remembers..

some thing about..

entry in to year 4 is difficult, 

entry in to year 5 ..../

entry in to year 6 or 7 is easier, as the RBS edit on students... 

something like that.. BUT I JUST CANT REMEBER where this conversation was!! 

Add I've said before, there really is no point thinking about your statistical chances of getting in. You have no influence over it, your child is either what they're looking for (and have space for) or isn't, all you can do is take the opportunity to audition and then wait patiently for the result.

• Like 8

Add I've said before, there really is no point thinking about your statistical chances of getting in. You have no influence over it, your child is either what they're looking for (and have space for) or isn't, all you can do is take the opportunity to audition and then wait patiently for the result.

I agree with you Julie, but I think that knowing a bit about the statistical chances does help to prepare children, and is of some comfort to those who don't get chosen. I think that knowing that 9 out of 10 (or whatever) don't get a place does help them get things into perspective a bit, particularly if they are used to being a big fish in a little pond at home.

• Like 2