RBS junior associates auditions

happy days

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, I am very proud. I am thinking of all the people with 'no' letters too and hoping they can look forward to next years audition ( like we probably will be). This forum has been such a help over the past few weeks, reading everyones posts it makes you realise you are not the only ballet mum around with the same worries!!

• Like 2

Congratulations Twiglet - such a huge achievement, although it's hard when there's not much to show for it! But it really  is an incredible thing to get on to that list, and I really hope that she is off the list and dancing as a JA before too long. Brilliant.

I saw your post on my phone at work and immedeiately phone home to see what the postie brought us today... of course there was no letter - we were in one of the last batch of auditions in London!

A week on form the auditions and we've pretty much tried to forget about it and stay realistic... but every now and again I find myself muttering "please, please oh please"!!

The Custardling is much cooler than me about it all, as I've said before!

Congratulations again to your DD Twiglet.

• Like 1

Thanks katycustard! I've my fingers crossed for all our littl'uns! I too keep having moments of thinking, 'oh go on, just give her a chance..!'

I'm trying to rid myself of a slightly wierd image of you attacking your postie with a custard gun screaming 'what do you mean, no post, no word from floral street, how very dare you..'!

• Like 1

Hi,

I saw twiglets post at work this afternoon.... It made me feel sick, knowing the earliest we could get home would be 9.30pm ish after Gymnastics. And it would be sat there on the door mat! Although our post usually takes an extra few days. Tried not to think about it, but couldn't not. DD got SWL last year year 4, when she was 8. She is so desperate to get in and really needs some training at a higher level. Would it be a SWL, or maybe a No?  IT was a YES.

I can not believe it!! I am so proud of her. I have read the letter about 30 times it definitely say's yes. It is for Manchester.

We have rung everyone! danced around the room, hugged, kissed.  Although can't get in touch with her ballet teacher, she will be so pleased.

Good luck to everyone waiting, waiting is like Chinese torture

• Like 15

Congratulations to your dd's Snape & Twiglet one of my students has swl for Manchester too! Still waiting to hear off another student but she's on holiday until today her sister is a JA so keeping my fingers crossed for her! Good luck to everyone waiting for news x

• Like 1

So the acceptance letter is now in the post, reordered, first class, tracked!

I have told everyone I have met today including the post lady, the bank lady, the garage man and some random men in the street.

(So I hope they don't change their minds) Still not told teacher. DD wants to tell her so we will go and find her tomorrow! She is one of the few people who will really know what this means to her. I don't think the garage man was that interested! Tut tut what does he know.

Congratulations to your friend hoobydigger, inside information? We no nothing about anything!

Some one said you get loads of forms to fill in later. Does anyone know what they all are? 

• Like 8

Oooo gosh Snape - that was 4yrs ago lol. My DD was a M'cr JA for yrs 5+6 .... She's at vocational school now ;). There will be a few bits and bobs to fill out. Can't remember exactly ...... There will be details about uniform - which you had to order from specific supplier, press instructions, class dates, payment details ...... Am sure current JA/MA/SA parents will be able to give you more uptodate info .....

Good memory Hoobydigger!  Information about uniform (ordered from two seperste suppliers), media consent form, code of conduct agreement, payment details and this year we had an associate handbook full of contact info and additional useful info. At some point in the year the children are invited to see a pre general rehearsal of the RB at Covent Garden (Lovely). Part of the uniform is a National skirt which you are wxpected to make frim uniform fabric. I laboured over it to ensure it was ready for the first lesson in September.  They didn't wear them that lesson, or the next, or indeed until the following summer term, by which time it was a bit short! It may be different at different centee but I remwmber thinking I wish someone had told me that i didn't have to spend the summer hols sewing frantically! It is a lovely experience, congratulations I loved reading about you going around telling everyone. I remember wanting to tell anyone who'd listen 

Edited by along for the ride mum
  • Like 1

Hello everyone, I'm very new to all of this. My dd has just gained a place as a JA in Manchester.(y6) The envelope arrived on Thursday and I do confess to holding it up to the light and feeling it to see if I could decipher its contents without actually opening it ! I'm still in a state of shock especially as this was the first time dd has auditioned for JA. Not certain what to expect but I'm certain she'll have a lovely time and make some new friends.

• Like 2

Hello everyone, I'm very new to all of this. My dd has just gained a place as a JA in Manchester.(y6) The envelope arrived on Thursday and I do confess to holding it up to the light and feeling it to see if I could decipher its contents without actually opening it ! I'm still in a state of shock especially as this was the first time dd has auditioned for JA. Not certain what to expect but I'm certain she'll have a lovely time and make some new friends.

:lol: very funny....i can just imagine doing that..

Edited by go for red
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...