RBS junior associates auditions

happy days

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the best to the young ballet dancers auditioning for JAs in the next month commencing today in Newcastle.A special " break a leg " to 3 ballet friends heading to Manchester at the end of this week.Have a super time , enjoy the day and show the panel how much you love to dance.This may be the first step on an amazing roller coaster journey.

• Like 4

yes i have just received a letter today, for the london date 31st may.... :) ..so i assume they are just going out...

do they ask EVERYONE TO AUDTION?  some say 'yes' others say 'no',

which is it? if its a yes, then why do they ask for so many photographs? does anyone know?

From what I can gather they pretty much ask everyone to audition who applies, unless I suppose it is immediately obvious from the pictures that the child's physique is not right. I assume that they then use them for reference afterwards?

It's my daughter's first time auditioning so I don't really know though.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge and experience will be along soon!

We haven't had our letter yet; keeping our eyes peeled! :)

Everyone gets an audition - the photos are possibly there to serve as an aide memoire when the panel is discussing the children after the audition. They may also be used to spot the most RBS shaped/turned out etc children prior to audition as well, who knows?!

Just thought we would report back following yesterday's audition in Birmingham. My daughter really enjoyed the class, she commented that they only get a pianist for exams so that was special! The organisers from reception staff to the teachers were extremely friendly putting us completely at ease. The class was apparently very easy with lots of different stretches and "nothing to worry about" no individual bits but some in pairs. The feedback is from my 8 year old. :) She would definitely go back again.

• Like 7

Class numbers are 20/25, 2 people watching them dance and one teacher, just been told don't forget the pianist :) (she really did enjoy that part). Normal class leotard, waist elastic, socks and clean but not new ballet shoes. A good clue if your nearly there is follow the little girls with perfect buns in their hair. (that bit made me smile). And don't forget to relax and enjoy, and ignore the people who take to competitive warming up!

Following bunheads is always a good idea. Makes me laugh after Associates class if I have to take dd to the dancewear shops - if she sees any other bunheads they really stare at each other! So funny. It's like a mexican standoff as they eye up each others' physique and try to work out which school the other person is from. :-)

• Like 8

Following bunheads is always a good idea. Makes me laugh after Associates class if I have to take dd to the dancewear shops - if she sees any other bunheads they really stare at each other! So funny. It's like a mexican standoff as they eye up each others' physique and try to work out which school the other person is from. :-)

This reminds me of a story dh came back from jas with years ago. He and my ds were on the train home and there were a group of girls with buns all talking very loudly and obviously very full of themselves with boasts about their Ballet lives. My ds quietly removed his jacket to reveal his cherished Royal Ballet Sweatshirt whereupon the whole carriage fell silent!

• Like 13

This reminds me of a story dh came back from jas with years ago. He and my ds were on the train home and there were a group of girls with buns all talking very loudly and obviously very full of themselves with boasts about their Ballet lives. My ds quietly removed his jacket to reveal his cherished Royal Ballet Sweatshirt whereupon the whole carriage fell silent!

love it... brilliant..

so, why clean ballet shoes...i mean, my dd shoes are not dirty , but they are used...do you recommend NEW ONES!!! 

does any one know how many they choose from each year? for each city ??

ohhh so many questions ...sorry! and who are the ''the perfect buns!!?"" :wacko:

• Like 1

I wouldn't recommend new shoes Reem. I am sure your dd will be more comfortable in shoes she is used to  and they will hug the foot better. Also, I dont think for one moment that having new shoes is going to make any difference to the result. They aren't qgoing to turn down someone they like because her shoes aren't new and likewise they won't take someone they aren't sure of because she had great shoes! That said, I remeber getting in a slight panic when we arrived to audition and every other child there had a waist elastic. I'd never seen them before but a lovely lady who was doing the registration lent us one. Good luck x

Edited by along for the ride mum
  • Like 1