Royal Ballet - Swan Lake 2024

There currently appear to be double-digit numbers of tickets - admittedly nearing or over £100 - for several of the Spring season performances available (including one Kaneko/Muntagirov).

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tube strike returns, it seems- most are on 4 May. Unfortunately not for the date that my friend is begging me to find! At this rate I might end up giving her my tickets and settling for a show in June.... (mainly because I'm getting bored of stalking the website). 😄 

Edited by Emeralds
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, art_enthusiast said:

are there train strikes happening next week as well?

There’s a thread for this information, hopefully you’ll find it useful:

Transport Issues: Strikes, Engineering Works, Bad Weather, etc.

Edited by San Perregrino
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Emeralds said:

Tube strike returns, it seems- most are on 4 May. Unfortunately not for the date that my friend is begging me to find! At this rate I might end up giving her my tickets and settling for a show in June.... (mainly because I'm getting bored of stalking the website). 😄 

No!!! I have a ticket for 4th May :( 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Sim said:

Ditto!  See you there.  :)

If tonight's performance is even remotely like the one I saw on 15th March, then I hope you will be as thrilled as I will be. I'm looking forward to see you and other forum members later - and comparing notes! :) 

Edited by Linnzi5
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Emeralds said:

Do you have an alternate route by bus or train you can use, Linnzi5? 

Not really, I’m afraid 😢 I could walk to and from Liverpool Street but am not keen walking there after the performance has finished. I would be getting a later train home than I would like. I will research to see if there is another way that is feasible. 

• Like 1

I tend to find it easier, in such cases, to change my departure rail station to somewhere which will take me closer to my destination, but appreciate that being south of the river is probably a benefit there.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Linnzi5 said:

Not really, I’m afraid 😢 I could walk to and from Liverpool Street but am not keen walking there after the performance has finished. I would be getting a later train home than I would like. I will research to see if there is another way that is feasible. 

Will DM you Linnzi5 if anyone else wants tips/suggestions for the sane route you can post on the transport thread or DM also. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, capybara said:

I'm wondering whether it might be possible to keep the transport discussions on the separate thread there is now. It seemed such a good move to create that............

Sorry @capybara- it's funny how spare tickets can morph into transport although I can see why! Will discuss "offsite" now!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There’s a lot of laudatory coverage of Fumi Kaneko in the April/May edition of Dance Europe including, in a specific portrait, the following phrase:

”It’s proved: she’s now one of the world’s leading ballerinas.”

🤩😁🌟

• Like 17

On 29/03/2024 at 10:05, capybara said:

There’s a lot of laudatory coverage of Fumi Kaneko in the April/May edition of Dance Europe including, in a specific portrait, the following phrase:

”It’s proved: she’s now one of the world’s leading ballerinas.”

🤩😁🌟

Yes...that's not news to me!  

• Like 8

Has anyone else had probs, yesterday and today, buying SL tickets on the ROH website please?  It says there are 31 tickets on June 14th for example, but when you go to the seat map there are noe available.\

This has happened and been discussed here before but I can never remember the reason why it happens🙄
I think it’s something like tickets being held back for Friday Rush or they are only available to people with certain criteria ….access problems? 

So may be eventually released if no takers etc. 

7 minutes ago, cavycapers said:

Has anyone else had probs, yesterday and today, buying SL tickets on the ROH website please?  It says there are 31 tickets on June 14th for example, but when you go to the seat map there are noe available.\

I have just had a look and you're right:  there is no availability anywhere in the House.  @LinMM you may be right, but quite frankly they shouldn't show tickets as being available until they actually ARE available...

When I had this problem it could even be further back in this thread or one of the booking threads I rang the box office about it and think this is what I was told!! But it does seem a bit daft to me …if they are not available at the time of looking then they shouldn’t say they are I agree. 
Or did the box office tell me there had been some error at the time …which has obviously just been repeated!! 

29 minutes ago, LinMM said:

This has happened and been discussed here before but I can never remember the reason why it happens🙄
I think it’s something like tickets being held back for Friday Rush or they are only available to people with certain criteria ….access problems? 

So may be eventually released if no takers etc. 

Previous discussion have indicated they are access tickets. They're definitely not the Friday rush ones. Those never show up until 1pm on Friday, and quite often not even bang on time then!

• Like 1