Spring 24 Booking opened for general Friends today - Got all that I wanted and service - once in - (the three dots waiting for the waiting room did seem to sputter rather) - went fairly smoothly.  

It does seem a bit strange to congratulate a service for simply doing its job .... but I suppose the situation has in the past been so dire that with the ROH - much akin to TFL who are very good at congratulating themselves - that such is I suppose a matter of achievement.  Somehow I feel this is a rather sad reflection of the times we seem to live in hereabouts at this juncture.  

• Like 5

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, EVWS said:

The extortionate prices for Swan Lake don't seem to be putting people off - no stalls or grand tier available on the opening night!! 

ROH may be holding tickets back for general booking so those seats may appear later 

In and out quickly and holding my desired tickets for the Sasaki / Sissens and and Kaneko / Muntagirov casts. Splashed out for stalls for the latter. 

NB: RB management, you can tempt me buy another pricey ticket if you finally cast Hamilton as Odette/Odile in summer casting!

• Like 5

I bought a good SW ticket for Kaneko/Muntagirov before 9am and then had to join the queue for 30 minutes before booking another, I never expected it to still be there but it was, no problems but I didn't buy much. Still no casting for the triple bill!

2 hours ago, Dawnstar said:

I would absolutely love that but sadly I'd absolutely be amazed if it did happen.

In the last run of Swan Lake there was a clip on social media that showed the line up of Odettes pinned to a notice board and Yuhui and Melissa were the reserves, so it's not like she's not being considered. With seven shows still to cast, or at least announce, three will go to Osipova, at least two to Takada...there must be a chance that one or two first soloists will get a performance

Edited by Rob S
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, Rob S said:

In the last run of Swan Lake there was a clip on social media that showed the line up of Odettes pinned to a notice board and Yuhui and Melissa were the reserves, so it's not like she's not being considered. With seven shows still to cast, or at least announce, three will go to Osipova, at least two to Takada...there must be a chance that one or two first soloists will get a performance

Fingers crossed!  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, alison said:

Will Calvert be back by then?

I think it’s unrealistic to expect so … a full length role 8 months after giving birth is for the exceptional.  Her baby was born in September.  

A few ballerinas have made it back in super quick time.  I notice this tends to happen after their second or subsequent babies.  Some even in less than 6 months … Salenko, Ryzhkova for instance.  I guess the body and mind are more in tune with what is required.

7 hours ago, FionaM said:

I think it’s unrealistic to expect so … a full length role 8 months after giving birth is for the exceptional.  Her baby was born in September.  

A few ballerinas have made it back in super quick time.  I notice this tends to happen after their second or subsequent babies.  Some even in less than 6 months … Salenko, Ryzhkova for instance.  I guess the body and mind are more in tune with what is required.

Nao Sakuma is SUPERWOMAN.  I believe her daughter was born at the beginning of April and she was back for Swan Lake in the Autumn season even doing extra performances due to the injury of others!

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Sim said:

The inside back cover of today's Times Saturday supplement is an ad for priority booking for the RB's Swan Lake.  The link is www.mytimesplus.co.uk

Priority booking for The Royal Ballet’s Swan Lake | Times+ (mytimesplus.co.uk)

All performances except opening night...which is almost sold out of available tickets (assuming some held back for general sale on the 11th) 

Edited by oncnp

11 minutes ago, PeterS said:

It’s post-Friends priority booking so I suppose that’s something to be thankful for.

Not being a Tîmes subscriber, I wonder what the ticket offer includes? 

just access to the seat maps except opening night. No extras that I saw 

Edited by oncnp

A bit depressing for those of us awaiting public booking that we're effectively being pushed down yet another priority level. Oh well, I suppose I'll save money on Swan Lake if there aren't any seats I can (just about) afford left when the public finally gets to book.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Something very odd happening to me right now with spring booking - I have successfully managed to secure one seat for one performance of swan lake (at least I hope I have, no email confirmation or ticket showing in my account yet but payment taken…)

anyway what’s odd and didn’t ever happen to me previously is usually once you’re “in” you can search for more performances - in my case I wanted to buy one more ticket for the MacMillan bill - and add them to the basket without having to queue again.

When I found the MacMillan page and clicked the date I wanted to book casts I was put in a digital queue with a 26 minute wait time. 

I panicked and thought this might meant I’d lost or would lose the Swan Lake ticket given the wait but luckily managed to retrieve that and checkout (at least I hope I have), but I’m still in a queue for MacMillan.

Did anyone else experience this?

in future do I have to open multiple tabs and go through clicking each performance I want as quickly as possible to book simultaneously?? This is a real pain and definitely a disadvantage and huge waste of time for multiple performance bookers, surely it must be some sort of error or glitch and I’ve been unlucky today?

I’m now worried my swan lake ticket hasn’t properly gone through as I had to click “back” and things like that to retrieve the basket as the system was showing my basket empty in one tab and “full” in another which shouldn’t be happening as it’s all the same account…

If it’s not gone through well I won’t be going to see swan lake, I only wanted one date and the ticket pricing was so ridiculous for the seats at the back of the amphi anyway. Very cross at having 20 minutes of time wasted just booking 2 measly rickets! 

Edit - have now received email confirmation for the SL ticket at least but still annoyed at waiting another 20 minutes all over again to access a MacMillan ticket…

Edited by JNC

On a separate note I see there is no casting at all for the MacMillan bill - is this “normal”? 

And does anyone have any indication of whether this means we can expect the same cast for all performances?

it doesn’t matter so much for me as being non-London there’s only one performance I can do (Saturday evening, Friday involves taking leave to travel down…, both involve hotel costs so why no matinee…!) but just curious if anyone has any knowledge or suspicions on this!

I had an odd experience too. I wanted to buy for the triple bill, waited in the queue, got to the front - and was told it wasn't on sale, with no reason given. I was also logged on on another device, and with lots of refreshing, I eventually got there, by which time all the SCS were sold out. 

Whilst I was waiting for the triple bill to become available, I took a look at Swan Lake, to see if I could upgrade any of the tickets I'd already bought through Sunday Times priority booking. Swan Lake was also saying it wasn't onsale, and then became available.

None of my confirmations (I ended up booking Swan Lake on one device and triple bill on another!) have come through yet, so I'm feeling worried.

Did you take a note of the seat numbers, by any chance?  In any case, if the confirmations don't come through I would call the box office.  They are always very helpful.

@RHowarth sorry to hear you had issues too. You should be ok - it took around 15 minutes for my SL confirmation to come through, still waiting on MacMillan but plenty of seats available there so less stressful if something has occurred as I can buy another very similar ticket I think. 

absolutely rubbish that years after implementation this system still doesn’t work properly. I never have these issues with any other booking sites (eg Coliseium, other theatres for highly anticipated shows that place me in queues for booking etc). 

I may write in and complain, it seems churlish but without feedback how will they even know to look for and “fix” these issues (little hope they actually will resolve it though, given the system is so terrible I imagine the best option is to scrap and start all over again at enormous cost). 

@Sim unfortunately not I think I just wanted to checkout as quickly as possible to ensure I did have the ticket secured by which time your confirmation screen doesn’t show the details I believe! 

Also whilst calling the box office is still very much a necessity, the website should be fully functioning especially for those that don’t live in the uk who don’t have this option (or it would cost them a fortune to do an overseas call). I’m currently not in the Uk right now so calling isn’t an option for me at the moment. 

At this point I’m on wasting 40 minutes now waiting for my MacMillan confirmation to come through…when if the system worked I’d have been done in well under 10 minutes, perhaps even five, all to book two tickets for two performances and then go straight into my account to see them nicely sitting there! 

Edited by JNC
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JNC said:

@RHowarth sorry to hear you had issues too. You should be ok - it took around 15 minutes for my SL confirmation to come through, still waiting on MacMillan but plenty of seats available there so less stressful if something has occurred as I can buy another very similar ticket I think. 

absolutely rubbish that years after implementation this system still doesn’t work properly. I never have these issues with any other booking sites (eg Coliseium, other theatres for highly anticipated shows that place me in queues for booking etc). 

I may write in and complain, it seems churlish but without feedback how will they even know to look for and “fix” these issues (little hope they actually will resolve it though, given the system is so terrible I imagine the best option is to scrap and start all over again at enormous cost). 

@Sim unfortunately not I think I just wanted to checkout as quickly as possible to ensure I did have the ticket secured by which time your confirmation screen doesn’t show the details I believe! 

Also whilst calling the box office is still very much a necessity, the website should be fully functioning especially for those that don’t live in the uk who don’t have this option (or it would cost them a fortune to do an overseas call). I’m currently not in the Uk right now so calling isn’t an option for me at the moment. 

I agree...in an ideal world, their website would actually work.  But we know that most of the time, this is not the case when it comes to booking days.  Good luck!

• Like 2

The website didn't do anything unexpected for me but by the time I'd spent 10 minutes in a queue I there weren't any tickets I could afford in the stalls circle left for 2 of the 3 Swan Lakes I wanted to book for. I knew from comments on here that I might not be able to get anything for Nunez/Muntagirov but I am very disappointed to not be able to get anything for Kaneko/Muntagirov on my birthday. There are so few seats in the stalls circle that I can now afford. A couple of years ago I could have gone up a price bracket but now the next price bracket up is over £40 more & I can't justify spending £118 on a restricted view bench seat.

Edited by Dawnstar

Guest oncnp
10 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

The website didn't do anything unexpected for me but by the time I'd spent 10 minutes in a queue I there weren't any tickets I could afford in the stalls circle left for 2 of the 3 Swan Lakes I wanted to book for. I knew from comments on here that I might not be able to get anything for Nunez/Muntagirov but I am very disappointed to not be able to get anything for Kaneko/Muntagirov on my birthday. There are so few seats in the stalls circle that I can now afford. A couple of years ago I could have gone up a price bracket but now the next price bracket up is over £40 more & I can't justify spending £118 on a restricted view bench seat.

Have pm'ed you