I’m guessing those 31 tickets must be access tickets so when a performance shows sold out that means all the access tickets are sold too ….when it shows a number of tickets available but you can’t see them they are unsold access tickets and you can’t see them because you are not registered with that scheme! 

That’s the best way I can make sense of it. I think it was a mistake that I was told they were part of the Friday Rush tickets. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 17/01/2024 at 12:17, LinMM said:

How often does the ROH update its seating map? 
For three days now there is erroneous information on seat availability for SL March 7th! 
It keeps saying there are 32 seats available but there has been only one but that has now gone. 
I just don’t believe that every time I access the map there are 32 people with tickets in their baskets!! 
Where are these 32 seats? 

On 17/01/2024 at 12:23, oncnp said:

Not just 7 March. Almost all of the (early at least) SLs are wrong (# of tickets "available" v. seat map). 'Been that way for at least a couple weeks. 

You might have better luck calling the box office

all the ROH website needs is a message similar to the one in the Donmar Warehouse website:

“If the performance you are looking for says it has limited availability but appears sold out, this will indicate that seats are not available for the general public.”

when I looked just now this is currently the case for all Swan Lake performances up to and including April 12th.

That said it is common for seats to be returned or those currently  held off-sale to the general public to be released at a later date as may be the case e.g. with seats currently reserved for those people with access needs. 

On 18/01/2024 at 15:14, bridiem said:

In that case they should not be included in the number of tickets left, because they're not actually available.

Edited by PeterS

5 minutes ago, PeterS said:

all the ROH website needs is a message similar to the one in the Donmar Warehouse website:

“If the performance you are looking for says it has limited availability but appears sold out, this will indicate that seats are not available for the general public.”

Perhaps; but if they're not available for online booking, surely it should be possible to remove them entirely from the online booking function? (At the moment they leave them in when citing the number of tickets left but then remove them when you get to the seat plan. Doesn't make sense.)

12 minutes ago, bridiem said:

Perhaps; but if they're not available for online booking, surely it should be possible to remove them entirely from the online booking function? (At the moment they leave them in when citing the number of tickets left but then remove them when you get to the seat plan. Doesn't make sense.)

My point is that they are available for online booking to some people but not to everyone. in this instance it would appear to be access scheme members. Another example is when the Amphi is only available to YROH members. The ‘seats available’ numbers include these seats but if you proceed to the seating plan they are ‘greyed out’ and not available. 

Edited by PeterS

2 minutes ago, PeterS said:

My point is that they are available for online booking to some people but not to everyone. in this instance it would appear to be access scheme members. Another example is when the Amphi is only available to YROH members. The ‘seats available’ numbers include these seats but if you proceed to the seating plan they are ‘greyed out’ and not available. 

But if access scheme members can book online they must have to log in separately if they are able to see the seats that are available only to them; so surely the number of seats available could also be visible only to them. 

2 minutes ago, bridiem said:

But if access scheme members can book online they must have to log in separately if they are able to see the seats that are available only to them; so surely the number of seats available could also be visible only to them. 

Do we have any access members on the Forum who wouldn't mind explaining the system?

I had an older friend many years ago who was disabled.  She used to ring the box office to book.

5 minutes ago, bridiem said:

2 minutes ago, Jan McNulty said:

Do we have any access members on the Forum who wouldn't mind explaining the system?

I had an older friend many years ago who was disabled.  She used to ring the box office to book.

box offices with telephone lines for are fewer and further between these days. all theatres have moved or are moving towards facilitating access members, as well as everyone else, booking online.  a friend used to receive a booking form from the ROH but that has now been discontinued and they are able to book online. 

if it works as I think it does, your ROH system log-in will be 'coded' or 'flagged' so that you can buy seats appropriate to your 'coding' be it access customer, YROH, or your Friends Level purchase date.  

Casting for the Duets programme in the Clore Studio on Sunday 25th February at 1pm, 3pm & 5pm is now on the ROH website:

BACKGROUND

Emerging choreographers come together in the Clore Studio to present short duets created for the Festival of New Choreography. Duets is a fantastic opportunity to see new work up close, featuring dancers and choreographers from several national companies including The Royal Ballet.

The Royal Ballet 

New Work

Dancers Martin Diaz and Caspar Lench 

Choreography Denilson Almeida 

Music Cordeiro de Nana by João Gilberto, Caetano Veloso and Gilberto Gil, Pesar do Mundo by Caetano Veloso and José Miguel Wisnik 

English National Ballet 

Cha Cha and Tiara  

Dancers Julia Conway and Miguel Angel Maidana 

Choreography Rentaro Nakaaki  

Music La Cumparsita by Xavier Cugat

New Work 

Dancers Aitor Arrieta and Breanna Foad 

Choreography Breanna Foad 

Music AEIOU by Judd Greenstein

Northern Ballet 

Out of Breath 

Dancers Alessandra Bramante and Joseph Taylor 

Choreography George Liang 

Music Undone by Olafur Arnalds 

Studio Wayne McGregor 

OTHER 

Dancers Rebecca Bassett-Graham and Eileih Muir 

Choreography Jordan James Bridge in collaboration with the dancers 

Music Valgeir Sigurdsson 

New Work 

Dancers Hannah Joseph and Elaini Koula Lalousis

Choreography Hannah Joseph 

• Thanks 5

On 19/01/2024 at 17:16, Jan McNulty said:

I’m an access member.  We have to sign into our ROH account before booking, in order to get any discount and/or free companion seat we may be eligible for.  Because I’m not a Friend, my booking day is the same as the General Public.

I *think* that the only seats not visible to everyone except Access Members are wheelchair spaces, as the seats available to me on booking day are the same regardless of whether I’m signed in.  So I certainly don’t think the ROH holds back regular seats for access members (but I don’t use my wheelchair at the ROH so never need to book a w/chair space there).

What usually happens with wheelchair spaces is that if they’re not sold by a certain time, they are released to the general public and a chair/loose seat is placed in the wheelchair space.

This is different to the Barbican, where a certain number of seats at sold out productions are kept greyed out so that Access Members can book them.

• Thanks 5

Some tickets for March 7th Swan Lake have become available. 
Unfortunately no joy for me (too expensive) but there are also some in the Amphitheatre available. 

18 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Some tickets for March 7th Swan Lake have become available. 
Unfortunately no joy for me (too expensive) but there are also some in the Amphitheatre available. 

Also for dress rehearsal if you missed out first time round

1 minute ago, PeterS said:

£35 for a tall stool seat in the balcony row C. (half a dozen available).

Yes I just did this for my daughter who missed out on Young ROH which was impossible.

I’ll be standing so she won’t take my companion ticket (now gone).

Unfortunately Peter S I can’t sit in the loose seats in Row B and Row C in the Balcony as they give me vertigo! It’s because there’s no barrier in front so feel a bit exposed into the auditorium space in front of them. 
Im perfectly okay with B and C in the more central section of the Balcony as they are set further back but of course these are much more expensive.

Can someone remind me what the young ROH offering is? Seem to recall signing offspring up years ago but never recall them getting any offers…& goodness knows how many tickets I’ve bought paying full price for myself & for student offspring Have I been very foolish & missed out on concessions? Always so chuffed if I get through the ‘wait’ to get to booking page & there’s tickets for shows I want that I always get into panic buy mode & just get tickets into online basket & off to checkout just as fast as I can (as have had that dilemma whereby I look to add another performance & by the time I come to pay the seats I’d already put in basket have evaporated into thin air & appear to have been sold to another….grrrr). Are there standard concessions or is it more like Sadlers Wells with the ‘Barclays Dance Pass’ £10 seats (which they have used very successfully to get great seats to a variety of shows & I’ve sometimes managed to join them - me paying full price of course & usually not in such a good seat!!) 

Edited by Peanut68

41 minutes ago, Peanut68 said:

Can someone remind me what the young ROH offering is? Seem to recall signing offspring up years ago but never recall them getting any offers…& goodness knows how many tickets I’ve bought paying full price for myself & for student offspring Have I been very foolish & missed out on concessions? Always so chuffed if I get through the ‘wait’ to get to booking page & there’s tickets for shows I want that I always get into panic buy mode & just get tickets into online basket & off to checkout just as fast as I can (as have had that dilemma whereby I look to add another performance & by the time I come to pay the seats I’d already put in basket have evaporated into thin air & appear to have been sold to another….grrrr). Are there standard concessions or is it more like Sadlers Wells with the ‘Barclays Dance Pass’ £10 seats (which they have used very successfully to get great seats to a variety of shows & I’ve sometimes managed to join them - me paying full price of course & usually not in such a good seat!!) 

Young ROH gives access to a number of £30 seats throughout the auditorium. My daughter has sat in the balcony, stalls and has stalls circle front row with Young ROH. There aren’t that many tickets available but there are sometimes special Young ROH performances where the whole auditorium or at least the whole amphi are on offer.  Tickets are generally easy enough to book on Young ROH day but Swan Lake was impossible. If certain ballers aren’t selling particularly well, they will sometimes release additional seats for Young ROH later on.

9 hours ago, Blossom said:

There aren’t that many tickets available

I noticed there were a lot more available in the previous seasons. This season there’s been a lot less young ROH availability, unless as you said the tickets aren’t selling well and need to be got rid of last minute. I’m guessing a portion of unsold seats are also given for free to charities/students/NHS etc.