Falling at the first hurdle!

Friends

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to you Discouraged, or I should now call you Encouraged as I see you are now called.

We all go through the ups and downs of auditions etc and hopefully come out the other side still smiling.

Really pleased for you both.

I will pass on all of your congratulations to my dd.

She has finally gone to bed so hopefully won't be too jet-lagged.

It still bemuses me that she has succeeded on this occasion but failed to get through the first round at previous auditions. It makes no sense.

I'd prepared myself for her not to get a place so this came as a pleasant surprise.

My next concern is my dd moving to and living in London at such a young age. Any advice would be warmly welcome! x

• Like 3

Well done to your DD Encouraged.  Love your new name!

Look at post #40 in this thread - it may be a useful starting point:  http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/621-central-school-of-ballet/page-2

Also use the search facility in Doing Dance using Central School of Ballet as the search criterium.  You may find useful information in a variety of threads.

I'm sure people will also chip in on this thread!

• Like 1

Congrats from me too. I was hoping she would get it. :) Best of luck at Central. We have a friend who went there and is now a very happy, successful dancer and choreographer. I bet she has a great time and a bright future. You must be so happy.

• Like 1

Fantastic news encouraged!  All that torture is now over and our very best wishes to your dd - I expect she's still floating around on the ceiling.  Quite understand your concerns about her living in London (especially if you live out in the sticks, like us), although I'm sure she'll soon settle.

Millie

Fabulous news encouraged, and well done for having the courage to question the schools bizzare dicisions in the first place. Feedback is so important in any other aspect of life so why not dance schools

I wish your dd every success

• Like 2

Am so pleased to hear the good news- well done to her, but most of all to you for keeping your faith in her so well she didn't lose faith in herself.... All these lovely DCs who are achieving success are only doing so because they have wonderful parents supporting them through thick and thin- and if they don't go on to a career in dance their wonderful parents support them to find another niche whilst also maintaining their self esteem. It's a hard, hard job and I am constantly encouraged by everyone on this forum who consistently does it so well and shares their skills with us all. Thank you one and all!!!

• Like 13

Thank you for so much support for my dd.

What I'm really looking forward to is watching her grow.

As I've said before her success has been achieved on minimal training per week ( 6hrs) and she has never attended any summer schools.

She has so much room to improve. It will be really difficult at first, but once she gets into the swing of things the transformation will be exciting.

• Like 2

Encouraged your daughter will love central, the traing there is fantastic especially the ballet. My daughter has thrived there and she loves it. The first year training is very technical and everyone starts at the same point. Your child will be told that she has been chosen as they the teachers believe that she will have a career in dance. Enjoy this first year as it really is a lovely journey for them as they grow as dancers and independent self sufficient young adults.

• Like 4

There will be a lot of movement in the forthcoming weeks. 

I have followed and contributed to this thread - my heart really went out to your dd encouraged and was thrilled when you posted she'd been accepted at Central.  However I don't feel that RBS associates "deserve" a sixth form place more than the other youngsters whose enthusiasm and dedication have earned them one - it doesn't matter where they have trained previously - there's a lot of competition out there from a huge pool of talented dancers.  Yes lots will be disappointed, from all training backgrounds, who'll now have to look at plan B. 

It's a hard road to travel! I'm glad it's over.  Good luck to those families embarking on this journey in September - have fun ;)

• Like 6

It is very obvious that each school is looking for something different.

It would be nice for them to publish their requirements.

I'm not saying being an SA deserves a place. It is their dedication and passion deserves the reward.

• Like 1

I emailed Unite Students accommodation yesterday enquiring whether that had any availability for my dd when she goes to Central in Sept.

Their reply was that they could offer her a place within New Medlock House.

Fantastic I replied however I think it is rather a long way for her to commute every morning  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 4