Guest oncnp

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Sim said:

Can I be the devil 😈 on your shoulder saying “yes you must”??  😂😂

We really need a laughing emoji response to posts - I know it's been said before and I know it's not possible, but so many posts make me giggle! I really shouldn't! I will be in such trouble for my ballet spending as it is! 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Sim said:

Can I be the devil 😈 on your shoulder saying “yes you must”??  😂😂

Um, See you tomorrow? I'm blaming you for my purchase! I can hear the conversation now: 'You did what? You bought yet another ticket? Why on Earth did you do that?' Me, looking sheepish, 'Sim told me to!' 🤣

• Like 6

Just now, PeterS said:

You could always return one of the others….

I did. :) I returned Anemoi/The Cellist as I only bought the ticket as it was reduced and really I don't want to see either. So, it's a win for me.

I must stress that I am very sorry for Steven and Anna Rose and for those looking forward to their performance. It is very disappointing for so many and especially for the two principals who can't now perform :( 

1 hour ago, Dawnstar said:

I think they only work for some people in the target audience though. I'm on the autistic spectrum & the idea of a relaxed performance makes me shudder! What I want is "uptight" performances where everyone sits still & shuts up throughout!

And puts their mobile phone away before each act starts!  Love the concept :)

Very sorry for Steven, and for Anna Rose, but I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.

• Like 2

Am disappointed for Steven and hope he recovers fully and swiftly.  Am gutted for Anna-Rose. She is such a unique dancer and is so rarely onstage anymore that these Kitri performances were a real treat to savour. 3 becomes 1 1/2. They were appearances to treasure.  Hopefully she’ll get plenty of chances to dance in 2024. 

• Like 5

It sounds very serious. I'm very sorry for Steven, he is extremely unlucky! He seems to go from serious injury to serious injury with little "ok time" in the middle. 

Also sorry for Anna Rose but wishing the best to William and Fumi for their surprise performance. 

• Like 3

Yes depending on how bad can be anything from 3-9 months to recover from.  But think he has had an operation on his knee before so if it’s the same one it’s likely to be on the longer side. Poor Steven must be so depressing for him. Let’s hope for him it’s sooner rather than later. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Cescablue said:

Just returning from the General Rehearsal this afternoon. Is there are thread for Anemoi/The Cellist yet? I've had a good search around and can't see one. PS I thought Ms Magri was just wonderful!

You're welcome to start one - just restrain from 'reviewing' the general rehearsal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 01/11/2023 at 12:50, art_enthusiast said:

still nothing on the website though, annoyingly! I'd like to know for the Hirano cast

It would be nice if ROH could update the casting on their booking website in a more timely manner or at least post the casting on their social media first if that’s easier. Kaneko and Bracewell already announced that they will dance Beatrice and Dante with each other on the World Ballet Day broadcast when they did a rehearsal of the pas de deux during the livestream, so it’s clearly official. They can always put “To be confirmed” if there are dates they are not sure of. 

• Like 2

I was just looking up Nutcracker performances and see that Steven McRae is cast as dancing in this. 
Does that mean he is recovering well from his recent knee injury or have they just not announced a replacement yet? 

8 minutes ago, LinMM said:

I was just looking up Nutcracker performances and see that Steven McRae is cast as dancing in this. 
Does that mean he is recovering well from his recent knee injury or have they just not announced a replacement yet? 

According to his Instagram account he was going to have surgery recently, so I think it's the latter.

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Steven had his op during the last week and is now posting reels of himself doing strengthening exercises on IG.

Maybe it was thought tactful or beneficial to his mindset not to name a replacement too quickly; but there would seem to be no way of him dancing again any time soon.

• Thanks 2

So Hirano has become, I think, the most used of the RB male Principals this season:

3 Espadas

3 Dantes

now 4 Nutcracker Princes

4 Lescauts

now 2 Des Grieux

It must feel awful for Steven McRae when substitutions get announced. All good wishes to him with his ACL recovery.

• Like 5