World Ballet Day - 2 Nov 2022

Guest oncnp

World Ballet Day

World Ballet Day returns for its ninth year, giving you an insider’s view dance companies around the globe. See morning class and rehearsals, get a sneak peek of upcoming performances and see ballet’s biggest stars at work.

Fill your day with dance, streamed for free across six continents.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, capybara said:

Alexander Campbell Productions has posted on Instagram that their new film, which features a wheelchair dancer, will be shown on WBD.

And Mr Campbell will be presenting the RB segment again this year

On 04/10/2022 at 14:55, Sim said:

Sadly but understandably, none of the Russian companies this year.  But what a range of companies from across the world; I think I will be glued to my computer all day long!

The Russian theatres will not be taking part in World Ballet Day on 2 November, but The Bolshoi Theatre will host its annual live stream of dance on its YouTube channel on the eve of World Ballet Day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Amelia said:

The Russian theatres will not be taking part in World Ballet Day on 2 November, but The Bolshoi Theatre will host its annual live stream of dance on its YouTube channel on the eve of World Ballet Day.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

On 27/10/2022 at 20:21, Sabine0308 said:

I cannot find a schedule, just the list of the participating companies, can someone help? I can hardly watch all day, when at work...🙈

I did email customer services last Friday about this as I couldn't find it a schedule. Hopefully they'll get back to me before Wed. My email is a bit last minute but I kept thinking the schedule would be announced. If we just had the time slot that would be good. Presumably 10-2 or something similar if it's incorporating company class as usual. At least they won't be wearing masks! I spent longer that year trying to work out who everyone was than watching the class.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, jmhopton said:

I did email customer services last Friday about this as I couldn't find it a schedule. Hopefully they'll get back to me before Wed. My email is a bit last minute but I kept thinking the schedule would be announced. If we just had the time slot that would be good. Presumably 10-2 or something similar if it's incorporating company class as usual. At least they won't be wearing masks! I spent longer that year trying to work out who everyone was than watching the class.

Apologies if you've already seen this....

According to the ROH You Tube page on the Word Ballet Day website the starting time is 7:00 (11:00 GMT)

And in the ROH page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgjFPY93dA8

Opening with a morning class, The Royal Ballet’s four-hour live stream offers a sneak preview of rehearsals for some of this Season’s productions: Kenneth MacMillan’s Mayerling and the hotly-anticipated A Diamond Celebration. Students at The Royal Ballet School will make an appearance, and new work will also feature, celebrating the breadth of choreographic talent working today.

Edited by oncnp

Some familiar names from CTCB (SAST looks to be GMT +2)

𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐓𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐂𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐲

Cape Town City Ballet will present a one-time-only video stream on Facebook for World Ballet Day on Wednesday 2 November 2022 from 20h00 - 21h00 (SAST).
Be sure to tune in via our Facebook page for exclusive content that includes excerpts from:
𝐆𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞
𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨 & 𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐭 – featuring Vadim Muntagirov & Fumi Kaneko, Brandon Lawrence & Hannah Ward, Siphe November & Chanté Daniels.
𝐋𝐞𝐬 𝐏𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐮𝐫𝐬
𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲
𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐬

From Munich:

"...The program includes the daily class with Leading Ballet Master Thomas Mayr and - as a sneak peek of the premiere on 23 December 2022 - exclusive insights in the creation process of Alexei Ratmansky´s new work on Tchaikovsky Overtures. The stream will be hosted by Principal Laurretta Summerscales and Corp de Ballet dancer Rafael Vedra. They will lead through the streaming day and meet with Ballet Director Laurent Hilaire and Choreographer Alexei Ratmansky for interviews."

https://www.staatsoper.de/en/world-ballet-day

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• alison locked this topic
  • alison unlocked this topic
47 minutes ago, annamk said:

Me neither, just links to the companies youtube channels. The Bayerische in Munich doesn't work for me - does anyone know if the company actually took part ? 

Yes, I was able to watch it live on YouTube. Fantastic music for company class, followed by an interview with Laurent Hilaire and  Alexei Ratmansky, then straight into rehearsal with Alexei for his new piece for the company. Fascinating to see the work in progress. Hopefully they'll put the recording up soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, annamk said:

Me neither, just links to the companies youtube channels. The Bayerische in Munich doesn't work for me - does anyone know if the company actually took part ? 

Yes it was fun to watch, I sneaked in from work and saw the morning class. The link doesn't work for now, but I'm sure the recording will be up soon. I missed the interviews, so looking forward to the rest of Munich's day.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sabine0308 said:

Yes it was fun to watch, I sneaked in from work and saw the morning class. The link doesn't work for now, but I'm sure the recording will be up soon. I missed the interviews, so looking forward to the rest of Munich's day.

The creative working rehearsal by Ratmansky was totally potent ... and Shale Wagman in class .... One word:  WOW!!!!  I am SO hugely looking forward to attending the rep week in April and feeding on even more of his insightful genius.  This young lad has grown into the fully formed world class artist we always knew he would.  So, SO much to look forward to.  

• Like 5