World Ballet Day - 2 Nov 2022

Guest oncnp

6 hours ago, Bruce Wall said:

The creative working rehearsal by Ratmansky was totally potent ... and Shale Wagman in class .... One word:  WOW!!!!  I am SO hugely looking forward to attending the rep week in April and feeding on even more of his insightful genius.  This young lad has grown into the fully formed world class artist we always knew he would.  So, SO much to look forward to.  

You know I cannot resist to marvel about him, so I appreciate your words very much😃. Some people mentioned him in the livestream comments and it always makes me happy. Now I'm looking forward to his Mercutio debut tomorrow!

Regarding ballet week next year: wait til casting is out!

• Like 1

Munich is up now:

Follow up on our class for World Ballet Day 2022, led by Head Ballet Master Thomas Mayr, with Simon Murray at the piano. For the first time, Principal Laurretta Summerscales and Corps de ballet dancer Rafael Vedra hosted the event. Access the stream here on YouTube: ▶️ https://youtu.be/2fCGqBovDLQ

© Bayerisches Staatsballett

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
10 hours ago, NiniGabriel said:

Among other things, excerpts from a rehearsal for "Jewels - Diamonds" with Marianela Nunez

Just wondering, does anyone know why the ROH removed the 2022 World Ballet Day livestream from their YouTube channel? It had the class from that day, plus the Diamonds rehearsal with Marianela Nunez and Reece Clarke, and a Mayerling rehearsal with Ryoichi Hirano and Melissa Hamilton, amongst other things.

It’s such a shame because I really liked that one! And it doesn’t make much sense as well, as they have a lot of WBD streams from previous years still up.

• Like 2

On 06/08/2023 at 10:35, art_enthusiast said:

Just wondering, does anyone know why the ROH removed the 2022 World Ballet Day livestream from their YouTube channel? It had the class from that day, plus the Diamonds rehearsal with Marianela Nunez and Reece Clarke, and a Mayerling rehearsal with Ryoichi Hirano and Melissa Hamilton, amongst other things.

It’s such a shame because I really liked that one! And it doesn’t make much sense as well, as they have a lot of WBD streams from previous years still up.

Filming rights not included in a contract?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, capybara said:

Filming rights not included in a contract?

I can only assume there’s some contract problem meaning they can’t keep the streams up for over a month. Some companies shorten the streams and re upload them, some keep them up and some are completely gotten rid of.

• Like 1