Merry Christmas to everyone on the Forum.

Lisa O`Brien

Hello,I just wanted to wish everyone on this Forum a very merry Christmas. It`s been a tough year financially for many people,whether they have dancing children or not,and it seems we are not out of the woods yet. But I just hope that everybody connected to this Forum; whether they contribute as an Administrator ,a parent ,a child or an onlooker,has a really happy and peaceful Christmas. Love from Lisa.xx

• Like 16

A very merry Christmas from me and my DD over here in Florida. We hope everyone has a wonderful holiday together and we are looking forward to another fabulous ballet co forum in 2013:)) Thank you to all you wonderful admin folks who make this such an enjoyable site to look forward to each day xxxx

• Like 2

Special thanks to Bruce who resurrected this forum from near death this time last year - we would all be a great deal poorer without it. Merry Christmas to everyone on this dear site and a special one to the people who have become close friends over the last year - you know who you are and you know why and what I owe you all. x

• Like 9

Thanks all and Merry Christmas to all my friends and acquaintances on the forum :-). Thanks to the committee for saving the forum a year ago too - I felt slightly lost without it!

Can't wait for the end of term on Friday (I work term time in a college!!), then 2 weeks off with my family. Wish we could all be together but sadly no Josh this year. I'm just thankful that he has a job and that it's dancing that's keeping us apart, rather than being like some of my friends with loved ones in Afghanistan, or those poor families in Connecticut. Makes me very thankful for what I've got.

Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas xxx

• Like 5

Christmas wishes from me too. Hope everyone enjoys having a break from driving to classes or having vocational kids at home. I'm loving having my DSs home together for a bit. Let the competitive stretching begin! Thanks to all the administrators. Sometimes it's a thankless task, so please know that we appreciate you xx

• Like 5

Merry Christmas from us also. Unfortunately i am one of those families whose husband will be away in Afghanistan over the Christmas period. I will however, have my three lovely children with me and skype is a wonderful thing. Julie, I hope Josh has a lovely Christmas and doesnt become too homesick, over what I imagine is his first Christmas apart from his family.

• Like 5

Thanks Primrose - he'll be quite happy I'm sure as he's spending Christmas with his girlfriend in Denmark ;)

Hope your husband is home with you soon and that we all manage to get through to whoever we need to on Skype!!

• Like 3

Wishing everyone a very happy Christmas and a happy and healthy 2013. Good luck to all those who have or are auditioning for next year. Fingers crossed for lots of success. Husband and I will be on our own this year as eldest daughter will be working on Christmas day and youngest will be dancing around the med. We have booked a Christmas break away but with the help of Skype, we will hopefully be able to see them both. Youngest daughter finishes her current contract at the end of January so we plan to have a family get together then.

• Like 3

Merry Christmas to all! I was thinking today how much this forum has helped me in 2012 and before...

I've had support and advice through RAD exams 6-8, then Intermediate. Advice on DD changing schools after 12 years.

Been introduced to pointe shoe fitting by the lovely Tiffany at Bloch

Ideas for classes to attend.

I've learnt about tube stations I'd never heard of (not dance forum)

Discovered Graze boxes - which I still look forward to twice a week!

Found a wonderful dance writer for our website...

...which of course was but an idea 9 months ago and is now a flourishing business!

Although instead of 10hrs+ ballet classes a week I now have to use those hours for work, but at least when I get the chance to dance I can try our new products and DD is a great guinea pig!

So I just want to say thank you to all of you. Especially the mods and of course Bruce for re-inventing the whole thing!

I've made lovely facebook and twitter friends here too and hope that I've managed to give airtime back to the forum too :)

Sheila x

• Like 10

Merry Christmas to everyone.

DD comes home on Friday - can't wait to hear how the first term has gone! I shall be the mad mom at Euston at 17.15 pacing up and down waiting for the train to come in!

Hope you all have a truly wonderful festive holiday xx

• Like 5

As Chair of the BalletcoForum Committee I'm sure all the other Committee members will join me in wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and fun 2013...it is all of you wonderful people on Doing Dance who make such a large contribution to making this forum the vibrant, fun and interesting place that it is. We look forward to reading all your posts in the coming year, and wish all of you who dance or whose children dance all the best of luck for your endeavours in 2013.

Warmest wishes, and thanks, to you all.

• Like 9

Merry Christmas to everyone, and thankyou all so much for your advice over the past year!! Thanks especially to the wonderful Moderators of the forum, without whom there would be no Ballet.co!! (and i'd be a lot more confused about everything ballet/auditions related!!!!) ;) x

• Like 6