White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Congratulations Everyone! It took me most of the afternoon to process and letting it sink in. My DS has been offered a year 7 place. I am also very pleased about the new programme structure. 

I have been posting very publicly on here, lol, please let me know if anyone would like to start a whatsapp group for year 7 entry?

Congratulations to everyone again for enduring this rollercoaster ride...though I know it is only the beginning..

Well done! That’s amazing! 

• Like 1

I would just like to say congratulations to all the dc who have been offered a place I know the feeling all too well when dd was offered a place for yr 7. However to all the no’s please try not to get too disheartened as dd actually told me she would have turned down her place if she would have known her experience. I don’t mean to dampen the mood just want to reassure those who have received a no it is not the end of the road because I know many successful dancers who haven’t been to a vocational school and if the love and passion is there anything is possible. Keep dancing and please feel free to pm me ❣️

Edited by Glissé
  • Like 9

8 minutes ago, PetitJeté said:

Sadly it’s a no for my dd. She’s absolutely gutted. She has a place on the summer school, but I think that’ll be a bit hard now. Well done to everyone for the yeses, such a tough process. 

it’s a no for my DD also.she’s gutted also. Sending a hug. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PetitJeté said:

Sadly it’s a no for my dd. She’s absolutely gutted. She has a place on the summer school, but I think that’ll be a bit hard now. Well done to everyone for the yeses, such a tough process. 

Ah same news in our house..... Sadly a no for my DD and waitlist for summer intensive 😭 now the wait for Mids results which should be after Easter. Trying to remain hopeful 🤞🤞

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dd_dance said:

@PetitJeté it’s a no for my dd too. Lots of tears from her even though I had tried to prepare her for a no. 
 The email did state the year 7 girls this year were of an exceptionally high standard, so that is a little comforting. Hope your DD is ok xx 

sadly my DD is a no also. Sending a hug. It’s not a nice email to read, wasn’t expecting it today either 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Returnofthejedi said:

Ah same news in our house..... Sadly a no for my DD and waitlist for summer intensive 😭 now the wait for Mids results which should be after Easter. Trying to remain hopeful 🤞🤞

We are a no also. Sending a hug. Know how you are feeling 

7 minutes ago, Dancermom said:

Sorry to all the no’s 😢 my DD had a no also, she seems ok, I’m just glad we know now. Now the wait for the mid associates commences x 

Yes I’m glad we know sooner than later. Lots of girl nos on here sounds like an incredibly high standard as they said on the email. They are all superstars to get to the final. And again a big well done to all the yes’s 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Weloveballet said:

Yes I’m glad we know sooner than later. Lots of girl nos on here sounds like an incredibly high standard as they said on the email. They are all superstars to get to the final. And again a big well done to all the yes’s 

Yes and the high standard only goes to show the amount of work they’ve all put in over lockdown! X

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Glissé said:

I would just like to say congratulations to all the dc who have been offered a place I know the feeling all too well when dd was offered a place for yr 7. However to all the no’s please try not to get too disheartened as dd actually told me she would have turned down her place if she would have known her experience. I don’t mean to dampen the mood just want to reassure those who have received a no it is not the end of the road because I know many successful dancers who haven’t been to a vocational school and if the love and passion is there anything is possible. Keep dancing and please feel free to pm me ❣️

That’s exactly how my dd feels now in yr 11... and want to reinforce that many  of the ‘no’s ‘for yr 7 In her year have now achieved just as good ( or better) offers for upper school training.... 

• Like 9

20 hours ago, Dd_dance said:

Ah ok then, it’s all so confusing! Can’t help but 2nd guess their every move. Good luck to your ds. Really hope boys 

It is a no for my dd too! We weren't expecting a yes but there is always that "what it"...here is hoping for elmhurst now! Well done to all the yeses and the nos. Xx

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Balletmummy18 said:

That’s exactly how my dd feels now in yr 11... and want to reinforce that many  of the ‘no’s ‘for yr 7 In her year have now achieved just as good ( or better) offers for upper school training.... 

Exactly the same with my dd. She knows of many who have been to a local school and an excellent associate scheme outside of royal who have gained places at the top upper schools over the girls at white lodge in year 11. Just want to reassure everyone it’s not the end of the world 💗

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

Yes!!!!!!!! Well Done to your ds!! I am delighted with the new structure of guaranteed 3 years ... though could potentially get rid of a whole year group at the end of year 9 but I’m it going to start stressing over that now 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

Yes please for a WhatsApp group ☝️

Count me in on the WhatsApp group. We can navigate it all together xx

• Like 2

Ah, sorry for all the other nos as well. So tough isn’t it. Also surprised to get the result today. I see from one of the boy yeses on here that they’re now guaranteeing 3 years, so I wonder if that means they won’t have an intake at years 7 and 8. Now the wait for the mids result as others have said, although all feels a bit flat now. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Glissé said:

Exactly the same with my dd. She knows of many who have been to a local school and an excellent associate scheme outside of royal who have gained places at the top upper schools over the girls at white lodge in year 11. Just want to reassure everyone it’s not the end of the world 💗

Massive Congratulations to those with yeses and waitlists, and please please please if your DC has got a no, this doesn't have to be the end of their dreams. DD didn't ever make WL finals. She got an MA place for y9 and trains with an excellent after school pre-professional school (not a full time vocational school).

She is in y11 now and has got finals for RBS upper as well as other top schools in Europe. She has worked very hard, never taken anything for granted and never given up. A no for year 7 is most definitely not the end.

• Like 18

7 minutes ago, PetitJeté said:

Whoops, I meant if they won’t have an intake at years 8 and 9. Although not sure we/dd could go through this again! Doesn’t help that her dance teacher has been totally unsupportive throughout. 

Oh this is really sad to hear. Sorry you haven’t had the support. 

It doesn’t mean that Y8 and Y9 isn’t a possibility as some children may decide it’s not for them so spaces could still come up. 

Congratulations to all the yeses, fingers crossed to the waitlists and sorry for the No’s at this time. 

I have felt everyone of your emotions and can quite easily put myself in your shoes for this time next year. All the children have done amazing to get to finals. 

Edited by SJBallet
Didn’t make sense
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, amos73 said:

Massive Congratulations to those with yeses and waitlists, and please please please if your DC has got a no, this doesn't have to be the end of their dreams. DD didn't ever make WL finals. She got an MA place for y9 and trains with an excellent after school pre-professional school (not a full time vocational school).

She is in y11 now and has got finals for RBS upper as well as other top schools in Europe. She has worked very hard, never taken anything for granted and never given up. A no for year 7 is most definitely not the end.

What an amazing achievement for your DD! I honestly do believe those who receive no’s only makes them stronger and more determined. A dancer can truly fly without the pressures of appraisals at White Lodge, international competition and living away from home etc. although I am pleased to read that they are keeping dancers for three years now. Obviously every dancer is different though what works for some may not work for others. I know many dancers who have thrived under the competitive environment. 

• Like 1

I just want to say it’s so helpful to hear on here the other perspectives on this. I was a dancer, albeit not for long, so I do understand a lot of this, but it’s still easy to get blinkered into thinking a yes or no for WL is make or break, so thank you. Deep down I didn’t want to send her off boarding, and she’s so close to her sister, I was really worried about the potential impact on her too. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PetitJeté said:

I just want to say it’s so helpful to hear on here the other perspectives on this. I was a dancer, albeit not for long, so I do understand a lot of this, but it’s still easy to get blinkered into thinking a yes or no for WL is make or break, so thank you. Deep down I didn’t want to send her off boarding, and she’s so close to her sister, I was really worried about the potential impact on her too. 

Yes even though a yes would have been amazing I do feel grateful that I don’t have to make that hard decision on whether to send her away boarding. X 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, PetitJeté said:

That’s ok, it is important to share both perspectives. In this moment in time reading that no letter may feel like a heartbreak for families and dc but actually may be at your dd’s advantage in the long run. and I agree it’s so easy to be blinkered. Dd hated  boarding was very homesick just wasn’t for her. If I’ve helped at least one family today that’s all that matters. 

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Glissé said:

That’s ok, it is important to share both perspectives. In this moment in time reading that no letter may feel like a heartbreak for families and dc but actually may be at your dd’s advantage in the long run. and I agree it’s so easy to be blinkered. Dd hated  boarding was very homesick just wasn’t for her. If I’ve helped at least one family today that’s all that matters. 

Thank you so much 

• Like 2

Congratulations to all those with a yes - I’ll offer more perspective  for those feeling bruised today.

DD didn’t go away at 11 - she wasn’t even an associate at that point , knew nothing of WL or anywhere else. In year 11 she had multiple offers for Upper Schools  both in the UK and abroad (she still didn’t become a ballerina) 

Enjoy having your DC at home for as long as possible - these are years that you can’t get back - going away at 11 can take a toll -  vocational school is a stepping stone , not an end goal ; there are many routes that can lead to a career in dance . 

Good luck and best wishes to all of you and your DC .

• Like 17

Sadly, a 'no' for DD.  Haven't spoken to her yet (she wouldn't expect an answer till next week or so anyway).  Just need time to process it myself first, grieve over it in a way, so that not to become emotional when breaking the disappointing news to her...  It was just this one shot for her.  We couldn't apply anywhere else, as she can't be a boarding student.  Neither can we afford a self-funded route to vocational training. Oh, well...   

• Like 7