White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

6 minutes ago, Bunny said:

I think even if they accept offers from other schools they remain on the waitlist, unless they specifically ask to decline their place on the waitlist, I believe? I could be wrong x

We requested to be removed, as we didn’t want the uncertainty, otherwise the waitlist runs until the Easter of the following academic year even for candidates that are training at other vocational schools.

If the waitlist were to be exhausted, they would probably aim to recruit in the following audition cycle, but if a MA showed particular promise I guess they might take someone in via that route.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, No Clue Dance Mum said:

Our DC got yr7 waitlist. I haven’t seen that any girls have got waitlist on here, only boys. Is that normally the case?

I think the norm is equal number of girls & boys on WL but obviously not everyone who achieved this will be on this forum. 

Congratulations to your DD 🎉

9 hours ago, Returnofthejedi said:

I think the norm is equal number of girls & boys on WL but obviously not everyone who achieved this will be on this forum. 

Congratulations to your DD 🎉

There isn’t a set number, they only include children that already meet the requirements and they would happily take into White Lodge if a place becomes available. They aren’t trying to balance genders or fill a quota, so there is no way of knowing how many are on the list unless this information is shared with you by RBS. We were surprised and confused, and DD’s lovely JA teacher explained the process to us in detail.

Are any of the year 7 children on here going to the spring intensive next week? My ds is a bit apprehensive after he didn't get a place for September and the older boy he knows through his local dance school is in a different group. Just wondering if there are a few in the same group we could maybe do a zoom call for them (and us!) to say hello before they go next week.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, BalletBoyMum1 said:

Are any of the year 7 children on here going to the spring intensive next week? My ds is a bit apprehensive after he didn't get a place for September and the older boy he knows through his local dance school is in a different group. Just wondering if there are a few in the same group we could maybe do a zoom call for them (and us!) to say hello before they go next week.

I think my ds and your ds were in the audition together? Feel free to message me ( my ds is currently year 6) will be in the blue group and Jebsen).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

I think my ds and your ds were in the audition together? Feel free to message me ( my ds is currently year 6) will be in the blue group and Jebsen).

My Ds is also in the blue group and Jebsen , he is only Y5  and doesn't  know anyone going. Has only stayed away from home for one night with family. He would like the opportunity to say hi if anyone was willing. Please pm me if so? 🙂

• Like 3

Just a question whilst we await MA results, do children attending elmhurst, tring or other vocational schools still attend associate classes/ are they allowed to? Just wondering how much movement to expect and if DD is lucky enough to make the waitlist how likely she could be to get a place. 

1 hour ago, Ballerina_girl said:

Just a question whilst we await MA results, do children attending elmhurst, tring or other vocational schools still attend associate classes/ are they allowed to? Just wondering how much movement to expect and if DD is lucky enough to make the waitlist how likely she could be to get a place. 

They aren’t allowed to attend associates if they go to Elmhurst full time. I think Tring allow their students to do MA’s though xx

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Raquelle said:

I know a someone in yda who does associates...I'm pretty sure hammond said in the open day they don't do associates either x 

When we looked at schools last year we were told that they do not allow associates other than for YDA where they seemed to encourage pupils to apply for RBS Mids and SAs.  I am not aware of any Tring pupils at Mids but a number have attended SAs in the last few years.  There have been a few who are training vocationally attend BalletBoost but not aware of any other associate programmes.

On 26/03/2021 at 19:48, Katycat said:

My daughter was told they wouldn’t hear until the end of April which seems a very long wait & will obviously impact on MA & SA results too 😬

This waiting game is a nightmare!! I’m thinking if we dont hear today, it will be after Easter now as they won’t be working over the weekend (or do they??)

20 minutes ago, Newbie2 said:

This waiting game is a nightmare!! I’m thinking if we dont hear today, it will be after Easter now as they won’t be working over the weekend (or do they??)

My DS is attending the Spring Intensive and we had an email this afternoon with contact numbers. Within that email, it was stated that they could not be reached over the Easter weekend 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Newbie2 said:

Totally agree! Am trying (& failing) to put it out of my head! My daughter also leaves for the Spring Intensive on Tuesday - I’d hope she’d know before but clearly not! Will be tough if I hear it’s a ‘no’ whilst she’s there 😬

38 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

They are all on leave until 7th April so maybe after that? Though date of acceptance of a WL place was by Wednesday 8th April 

That’s interesting - all white lodge staff on leave until next Wednesday? We are still waiting to hear about audition results for full time training (years 8, 9, 10)....

Just now, Newbie2 said:

That’s interesting - all white lodge staff on leave until next Wednesday? We are still waiting to hear about audition results for full time training (years 8, 9, 10)....

I’m not sure ALL are but the ones I have dealt with in sending back acceptance forms etc are on leave 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Newbie2 said:

Did I read earlier in this thread that there were zoom auditions this weekend for overseas students?  If so,    results may not likely until mid-next week anyway?

1 minute ago, stardust1 said:

Did I read earlier in this thread that there were zoom auditions this weekend for overseas students?  If so,    results may not likely until mid-next week anyway?

Yes I had heard from a reliable source that zoom auditions are being held for a few boys who couldn’t make the finals & internationals on the 19th April so still a long wait for MA places 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

Yes I had heard from a reliable source that zoom auditions are being held for a few boys who couldn’t make the finals & internationals on the 19th April so still a long wait for MA places 

But surely the international auditions wouldn’t effect the MA results? X

1 minute ago, The red shoes said:

Some were prospective year 7 students 

But wouldn’t have applied for MAs though 🤔 it’s too long a wait however long 🤣 it’s been nice knowing ‘after Easter’ as I have forgotten about it but come Tuesday I’ll be refreshing emails again 🤦‍♀️

1 minute ago, Dancermom said:

But wouldn’t have applied for MAs though 🤔 it’s too long a wait however long 🤣 it’s been nice knowing ‘after Easter’ as I have forgotten about it but come Tuesday I’ll be refreshing emails again 🤦‍♀️

There are a couple of UK students who couldn’t make face to face audition so are doing it on zoom! They could well get MA places

I was told by my DDs JA teacher the MA results are based purely on the prelim video and a JA teacher report (if they are a current JA) 

I’d think results will be out before online auditions, even if there are uk students still waiting to be seen. 
Hopefully not much longer to wait 🙏🏻🤞🏻

23 minutes ago, Ballerina-girl said:

I was told by my DDs JA teacher the MA results are based purely on the prelim video and a JA teacher report (if they are a current JA) 

I’d think results will be out before online auditions, even if there are uk students still waiting to be seen. 
Hopefully not much longer to wait 🙏🏻🤞🏻

Hi Ballerina girl. I think they do take into account finals though as well as our JA teacher said sometimes they find a physical issue (i guess from physio assessment) which might rule you out from MA....? X