White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Dd_dance said:

My dd seen just one physio during finals. She did however do some exercises/stretches in front of the panel during the ballet class. So in that sense, their flexibility was looked at twice. Is this what you mean? 

Ahh I have no idea..I just have heard that some have seen 2 physios? One for turnout (machine used) one for hyper mobility?! My DD only had one check 🙄

My daughter only seen one physio and didn’t get the machine thing. We could drive ourselves crazy with the why’s and how’s. Hopefully not too long until we will get the results 😕

Edited by Dd_dance

6 hours ago, Dd_dance said:

My daughter only seen one physio and didn’t get the machine thing. We could drive ourselves crazy with the why’s and how’s. Hopefully not too long until we will get the results 😕

What group was she in were you there on the Sunday?x 

7 hours ago, Reggi said:

What did everyone’s kids think of the physio assessment ?! I’ve heard some have seen 2 and some 1 anyone know what this could mean? Thank u. 

My DS did stretches in front of the panel and then saw two different physios. I think a lot of the boys did this. Perhaps it was just different for the girls? I wouldn’t worry about it x

8 minutes ago, Bunny said:

My DS did stretches in front of the panel and then saw two different physios. I think a lot of the boys did this. Perhaps it was just different for the girls? I wouldn’t worry about it x

My ds saw 2 physios but in the one room not separate ones. He also says he didn’t have the turnout thing put on him. We can drive ourselves mad can’t we trying to work it all out but the main thing is they had a great time and what will be will be xxx

Edited by ponklemum
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Bunny said:

Yes my DD did stretches in front of the panel too! And she took her shoes and socks off for the physio! I think I have already drove myself in sane 😩 wills u say what will be will be nothing we can do now!!! If it’s meant to be it will be and if. It there is something better that’s meant jjst for them! Xx

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ponklemum said:

My ds saw 2 physios but in the one room not separate ones. He also says he didn’t have the turnout thing put on him. We can drive ourselves mad can’t we trying to work it all out but the main thing is they had a great time and what will be will be xxx

My ds saw two physios ... it wasn’t a machine as such just a little strap round lower leg to measure angles of inward and outward rotation. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

My ds saw two physios ... it wasn’t a machine as such just a little strap round lower leg to measure angles of inward and outward rotation. 

He’s convinced he never had anything put on him, but then again, with my ds who knows 😂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

Yes, I was about to say this too. Apparently it wasn’t a machine as such (that makes it sound grand or overcomplicated), just a little handheld device and they may not have even realised as they’d have been lying flat on their front for the manoeuvre so wouldn’t have seen it (DS said he saw because he witnessed the DC in the physio before him have it done). That said, it might have just been put on those where natural turnout potential wasn’t obvious by just looking or the other assessments that came before it (would explain a lot for my DS as his isn’t anywhere near flat but again, no idea really).

We’ll never know their reasoning. And we are relying on 10/11yr olds to give a detailed description of events so even if they all had the same done, it’ll still sound different in many ways. Try not to worry - I say that as a fellow worrier though. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Newbie2 said:

Completely newbie here! My daughter has final audition at White Lodge for year 9 on Friday...after obsessively reading all this thread (every 10 minutes updating it!! ), just wondered how many other year 9 are going on Friday or likely to be there? Also will the audition and physio check follow the year 7 entry (ie no impro requested etc)? Any hints appreciated. She is not a JA and this is her first audition

thank you for this feed - love reading all the experiences 

I don’t have any experience of yr 9, only the yr 7 audition. Good luck for Friday!! X

• Like 1

Hoping it’s today for you I keep checking on here for updates! Just a question if you receive in the day will you wait to read with them or will you read first before school pick up? My daughter wants me to read it with her so when it comes to next week and our results are more likely I might have to stop checking my emails in the day 🤣 will be difficult! 

• Like 1

Just now, PetitJeté said:

Sorry, I meant will they send out boy results first?

Usually boys results come out first but we are on day 11 post audition now and I don’t think it’s ever been such a long wait in recent years, so perhaps they are doing things differently this year? 

I don't have that type of self-control. lol. I see the first couple of lines of an email when it comes without opening it. In case any signs of disappointment shows (not disappointment in my ds at all),  I would prefer to tell ds later  when I can reiterate how proud I am  of him regardless and so maybe I would prefer to be alone, the last thing I want is for ds to think I am disappointed in him (I honestly could not be more proud of his resilience this past year). 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Lara Eschler said:

I don't have that type of self-control. lol. I see the first couple of lines of an email when it comes without opening it. In case any signs of disappointment shows (not disappointment in my ds at all),  I would prefer to tell ds later  when I can reiterate how proud I am  of him regardless and so maybe I would prefer to be alone, the last thing I want is for ds to think I am disappointed in him (I honestly could not be more proud of his resilience this past year). 

@Weloveballet

1 minute ago, Dancermom said:

It’s the older years auditions at the weekend, do you think they’ll wait until all auditions are done and then send all the results out? X

Do you mean for upper school ? Quite possibly