White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

1 minute ago, Weloveballet said:

Yes I didn’t ask her about it either. She randomly said it like she had just remembered when I asked her tonight about the recall thing. I had actually forgot the camera thing had even been mentioned ages ago in this thread 

Has it been mentioned in this thread? Will have to read back. 
When DS gets fed up of my questioning he starts answering with ‘funny’ answers to make me stop. 😅 I thought he was just messing about but I asked him again after you posted and he said yep, right in front of him with the camera lens open. Was your DD the last number of her group by any chance? DS said it was the only camera he could see and it made him jump as he only realised it was there mid exercise and then the nerves kicked in at the thought of it filming him. He said it was pointed at his face. I reassured him it was probably wide angle and filming the whole room, not just him. 😂

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Dancermom said:

Yes I asked my DD after reading this and she said yes there was a camera in between the judges. 🤦‍♀️ The information they leave out! I just know I’m not getting even half of the story lol! She also said that they said they might recall some of them but didn’t. X 

Ooh, maybe there were multiple cameras so they can watch the audition back. I mean, it would make sense to do that. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

Ooh, maybe there were multiple cameras so they can watch the audition back. I mean, it would make sense to do that. 

Tbh , I always thought they’d know straight away who they wanted and didn’t want and that the decisions for them would be easy but with the camera there it makes you think they’ll look back again at the classes. Or maybe they will just look back at the videos if they’re finding it hard to choose between certain DCs. Either way, it makes me nervous 🤣 

I wonder if they grouped them together in anyway or just randomly put them together? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

When DS gets fed up of my questioning he starts answering with ‘funny’ answers to make me stop. 😅 I thought he was just messing about but I asked him again after you posted and he said yep, right in front of him with the camera lens open. Was your DD the last number of her group by any chance? DS said it was the only camera he could see and it made him jump as he only realised it was there mid exercise and then the nerves kicked in at the thought of it filming him. He said it was pointed at his face. I reassured him it was probably wide angle and filming the whole room, not just him. 😂

yes she was the last number of her group! She didn’t give to much info away she just mentioned it when I asked about the recall thing will see if she remembers anymore about it tomorrow 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

yes it must have been, I had forgotten but when my DD mentioned it tonight I remembered it had been mentioned by someone I think at the boys audition stage! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Weloveballet said:

yes she was the last number of her group! She didn’t give to much info away she just mentioned it when I asked about the recall thing will see if she remembers anymore about it tomorrow 

They were probably stood in the same position in the room looking at the same camera then. I hope your DD wasn’t too distracted by it. 

This process is such an emotional roller coaster, I think I’ve gone though every emotion there is. I’ve picked everything apart in my head and now I’ve become quite calm about it all (thankfully) was. Ds has worked his socks off over this audition period, whilst I became a videographer/dance teacher 😂. He’s done amazingly to get the offers and finals he’s had and regardless of the outcomes I couldn’t be more proud. Now it’s down to what will be wil be. 

• Like 7

Just now, Bunny said:

Well guys, welcome to day 12 of ‘will today be the day?!’ Fingers tightly crossed as always! 🤞🏻🩰

Fingers crossed for you 🤞 what is certain is that it won’t be long now and we’ll know either way. Eeek! X

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bunny said:

Results are out, it’s wait list for my DS! I know he will be upset but it is definitely a lesson in resilience x

Congratulations! Waiting list is amazing. Keeping everything crossed a place becomes available for him x 

4 minutes ago, Bunny said:

Results are out, it’s wait list for my DS! I know he will be upset but it is definitely a lesson in resilience x

It’s amazing achievement well done to your DS a friend of ours a boy got a place from the WL last year so don’t give up hope!  

1 minute ago, Dd_dance said:

Wait list is amazing and it’s not uncommon to get a place. Maybe they have placed a few waiting lists until they see the DC who weren’t able to make the auditions.  

Yes that seems like a good possibility x 

Just now, The red shoes said:

In shock but ds has been offered a place for year 7!!!! Totally gobsmacked.. shaking and in tears!! Can’t wait to tell him!! 
Fingers crossed for you all... 🤞🏻❤️

Amazing news! Congratulations 👏🏻 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The red shoes said:

In shock but ds has been offered a place for year 7!!!! Totally gobsmacked.. shaking and in tears!! Can’t wait to tell him!! 

That is amazing. Congratulations 🥳. I’d be going to the school right now to tell him 😁

• Like 1

Wow, congratulations to your DS! So happy for you! That’s wonderful news! ❤️👏👏👏

Get yourself up the school right now ! Congratulations I’m so pleased for you and him x

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

Congratulations!! Fantastic news. Xxx

2 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

Absolutely fantastic news 

Well done

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

Congratulations to him! Amazing news x

12 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

Congratulations I feel quite emotional for you all we have all been through this audition process together and everyone has been so lovely and supportive.  Well done to all the boys for getting to finals everyone should be so proud of yourselves xxxx

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

AMAZING! Huge well done to your DS. Enjoy telling him 😊

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

Amazing!   Well done to your ds xx

• Like 1