White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

23 minutes ago, MrsR said:

The wait for MA results will be hard. I know in our centre there are likely to be very few moving on due to age.

when do we think the results might be? 

They said after Easter so I’m guessing after the school is back after the Easter holidays! It’s a long wait 😩

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, MrsR said:

A really long wait! 
They have been on the ball with everything so hopefully they’ll be in touch sooner than after Easter hols. 
I know there will be a big cut so have prepared for that. 

Is your DD a JA? Yes hopefully they’ll put us out of our misery sooner rather than later 🤣

Congratulations to the DCs with a yes and to the nos please don’t give up!

My twins were both JAs, both had WL finals, my DD got a yes my DS a no which was so hard to deal with in the same week! 

Anyway my DD went to WL until our family relocated to Arizona at the end of year 9 due to my husbands health and my DS went to Canada’s National Ballet School also until Xmas of year 10! They both then trained at Master Ballet Academy in Arizona for 2-3 years until my DD returned to RB upper school half way through first year following competing at Prix De Lausanne and my DS has spent the last 2 years at San Francisco Ballet School on a Full tuition scholarship! So as you can see there are many paths and a no for WL isn’t the end of the world. The best time for all of us was all living together again in AZ for 2-3 years! Sending them away at 11 is tough on the parents and children! They had so much fun and success with YAGP and performing a lot in the USA! They are both now graduating in the worst possible year but again things will work out. They always do! Hold on to those tiny 11 year olds if you can because it all goes by too quickly!!

• Like 20

4 minutes ago, Sally-Anne said:

I wouldn’t assume anything when it comes to MA results - having been a JA or a WL finalist does not guarantee a place, and conversely not having been a JA or a WL finalist does not rule out a place. Second guessing the RBS is a minefield!

based purely on the MA cohort at CG for my child, In a group of 14, one child hadn’t been a JA, and all had made WL finals.

A child came in at Y9, not previously a JA, but had been WL finals.

JA teacher said that RB like to take children through Associates that have trained with them; same goes for huge percentage of Associates in WL and Intensives.

There are of course children here and there who come in from outside, but you can check RB annual report to see that most of the children training at WL have come from JAs and similar with Associates.

It always seems to me that RBS doesn’t need a second guess, their choices are documented annually in the public domain.

9 hours ago, Motomum said:

No it isn’t, that’s why Mark Annear head of Associates is on the finals audition panel, they identify who they want for MAs pretty much from the finals, and the Prelim videos. Mark Annear is also present on the panel for Prelim selection. 

All the children in my child’s Y7 MA’s happened to be finalists, previous JAs and also on Wait List. 

Im not saying that will always be the case, but IME it often is. There are always some children who come in from other associates , but usually via the finals.

My daughter was a JA and was never invited to finals but was given a MA place and then a SA place too. 7 years of really happy times and the best of both worlds for us. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, sunrise81 said:

My dd was a JA for 3 years....got to finals.....got a.no....only wait list for mids. 

But got a straight yes for Elmhurst 🤔

So who knows!!!

Almost the same here. My DD was a JA years 5 and 6. Didn't even make royal finals, waitlist for MAs but got a place at Elmhurst. Its all so random  🤣

21 hours ago, Newbie2 said:

Good luck for tomorrow - hope you’re feeling more relaxed than i am right now!!! 

What time is she arriving? We are 1.30-2pm

Certainly wasn’t feeling relaxed this time yesterday 😂. We had a morning arrival slot. Hope it’s gone well for your dd today! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Katycat said:

Certainly wasn’t feeling relaxed this time yesterday 😂. We had a morning arrival slot. Hope it’s gone well for your dd today! 

All done today! Now the waiting starts for years 8-10 - good luck everyone!!! Think it might just be us two on here!!! 

40 minutes ago, Katycat said:

My daughter was told they wouldn’t hear until the end of April which seems a very long wait & will obviously impact on MA & SA results too 😬

Good luck to you both! So the MA results will probably be the end of April too then xx 

57 minutes ago, Newbie2 said:

All done today! Now the waiting starts for years 8-10 - good luck everyone!!! Think it might just be us two on here!!! 

Just out of curiosity how many were auditioning for these year groups any idea ? 

My daughter said there were 3 for year 8 entry and 3 for year 9 entry- all girls (she went in at 1.30pm today). Not sure how many others there were in the morning.

yes we have to give our current school a term’s notice so need to know before end of April!! 

1 minute ago, Newbie2 said:

My daughter said there were 3 for year 8 entry and 3 for year 9 entry- all girls (she went in at 1.30pm today). Not sure how many others there were in the morning.

yes we have to give our current school a term’s notice so need to know before end of April!! 

Also in our audition letter, it said we would find out within two weeks - although my daughter did say they told her it would be end of April?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Newbie2 said:

Also in our audition letter, it said we would find out within two weeks - although my daughter did say they told her it would be end of April?

The audition letter for the year 7s said we’d hear within 2 weeks and we heard within a few days! Maybe they say a longer time scale so they don’t get people chasing them about results! I bet you’ll hear sooner than you think x

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Newbie2 said:

Thank you and everything crossed for you ! Do let us know 🤞🤞

12 hours ago, Amme76 said:

Just out of curiosity how many were auditioning for these year groups any idea ? 

There were 3 boys & 3 girls in the Y10 audition group my daughter was in but she said there were older looking girls in the class before her so possibly a mixed Y10 & 11 group. Impossible to know for sure!

4 minutes ago, Returnofthejedi said:

This may seem like a strange question but here it goes:

Once offers come from other schools and then we all start accepting, do RB ever update their waiting lists if they clear? Same question for other schools. 

Some people do decline offers and having seen schools and individuals post pupils with multiple offers (some up to four and five in years past) there will be those on waitlist who will get a call offering a place.  Royal maybe the dream school but we know of two families over the years who have decided against going citing differing reasons.  We have also know of two offers from wait list but these were not Year 7 entry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Returnofthejedi said:

This may seem like a strange question but here it goes:

Once offers come from other schools and then we all start accepting, do RB ever update their waiting lists if they clear? Same question for other schools. 

I know of a young man who was offered a place at Royal from the Y7 wait list last year :) (This year, my DS is crossing his fingers and praying the same happens for him! 😂)!x

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Dance.Mum said:

Some people do decline offers and having seen schools and individuals post pupils with multiple offers (some up to four and five in years past) there will be those on waitlist who will get a call offering a place.  Royal maybe the dream school but we know of two families over the years who have decided against going citing differing reasons.  We have also know of two offers from wait list but these were not Year 7 entry.

So if a schools waiting list is cleared as those on the wait list accept offers from other schools, what happens then? Does the waiting list get reallocated??

1 hour ago, Returnofthejedi said:

So if a schools waiting list is cleared as those on the wait list accept offers from other schools, what happens then? Does the waiting list get reallocated??

I think even if they accept offers from other schools they remain on the waitlist, unless they specifically ask to decline their place on the waitlist, I believe? I could be wrong x

Edited by Bunny