White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

57 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

I don't have that type of self-control. lol. I see the first couple of lines of an email when it comes without opening it. In case any signs of disappointment shows (not disappointment in my ds at all),  I would prefer to tell ds later  when I can reiterate how proud I am  of him regardless and so maybe I would prefer to be alone, the last thing I want is for ds to think I am disappointed in him (I honestly could not be more proud of his resilience this past year). 

aww yes it would be easy for disappointment for them (not in them) to be noticeable. My daughter just says she will be able to tell if I’ve read it or not. I imagine she means if in the small chance it’s good news she will be able to tell by my face. Either way though I keep saying to her the achievement is making it there. I’ve had her audition number framed with some pictures from the day and it’s displayed with her dance area. So hope she knows how proud I am of her whatever the outcome 😀

• Like 6

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Weloveballet said:

aww yes it would be easy for disappointment for them (not in them) to be noticeable. My daughter just says she will be able to tell if I’ve read it or not. I imagine she means if in the small chance it’s good news she will be able to tell by my face. Either way though I keep saying to her the achievement is making it there. I’ve had her audition number framed with some pictures from the day and it’s displayed with her dance area. So hope she knows how proud I am of her whatever the outcome 😀

Aww. That sounds so lovely! I might have to pinch that idea. It is such an incredible achievement to make it to finals. 

I just said to DS ‘It would have been nice if you got to keep your audition number’ and he said ‘I DID!!! I just forgot to tell you.’ He has both. They were still in his bag after all this time. 🤭😅 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

Aww. That sounds so lovely! I might have to pinch that idea. It is such an incredible achievement to make it to finals. 

I just said to DS ‘It would have been nice if you got to keep your audition number’ and he said ‘I DID!!! I just forgot to tell you.’ He has both. They were still in his bag after all this time. 🤭😅 

Yay that’s brilliant! They are good quality paper too so they didn’t get ripped 😀 definitely pinch the idea it looks great and is such a nice reminder of a very special day and achievement. I got a great frame from home bargains not expensive 😀

• Like 1

I don’t know how you guys are managing it - I keep wondering if you’ve all heard yet and I don’t even have a kid in the mix (I just see myself here in two years time 😂

We were ‘only’ waiting for SI results and now JA results too for DS (child number 2) and that is stressful enough. I hope you all hear soon and can move on one way or the other - best of luck to them all! 

• Like 7

Just now, Waverley said:

I don’t know how you guys are managing it - I keep wondering if you’ve all heard yet and I don’t even have a kid in the mix (I just see myself here in two years time 😂

Same! We have a year off auditioning after a never ending 2020 (and missed the deadline for SI - bad mum) but honestly have butterflies each time I log on here 😂

Fingers crossed you all hear soon!

• Like 7

My dd has only just remembered, at the end of the ballet class, her group were all told not to get ready because the panel might want to recall one or 2 of them. After 5 minutes of waiting they were told the panel didn’t need to see any of them, so they were free to get their tracksuits on. I’m wondering if anyone’s DC were recalled and what this might actually mean? (I know I’m over analysing 😆)  

5 minutes ago, Dd_dance said:

My dd has only just remembered, at the end of the ballet class, her group were all told not to get ready because the panel might want to recall one or 2 of them. After 5 minutes of waiting they were told the panel didn’t need to see any of them, so they were free to get their tracksuits on. I’m wondering if anyone’s DC were recalled and what this might actually mean? (I know I’m over analysing 😆)  

I was wondering about that too.

4 minutes ago, Dd_dance said:

Hi , this happens every year and indeed causes anxiety and much second guessing among parents. 
The truth of the matter is it leaves neither students or parents with any more of a clue as to the forthcoming result. 
My own child did not have a recall but was a yes, many others in her year were in the recall and were a yes also. 
Thus ,there were students  with nos and yeses in both cohorts. It is only natural to spend this very challenging waiting week over analysing, after all that’s what we  parents do well! 

• Like 2

Just now, Lara Eschler said:

I was wondering about that too.

My DS was called back in apparently (with another DC). To repeat stretches already done and to do some little jumps. DS initially felt he’d got something wrong but they reassured them both and said it was just because they’d missed watching those two doing those particular exercises while in the group. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pointytoes said:

Hi , this happens every year and indeed causes anxiety and much second guessing among parents. 
The truth of the matter is it leaves neither students or parents with any more of a clue as to the forthcoming result. 
My own child did not have a recall but was a yes, many others in her year were in the recall and were a yes also. 
Thus ,there were students  with nos and yeses in both cohorts. It is only natural to spend this very challenging waiting week over analysing, after all that’s what we  parents do well! 

Yes, that was my thought. It could be good or bad (well not bad, but because they’d done something not quite right and needed to be seen again to repeat).

1 minute ago, Pointytoes said:

Ok thank you! Great to know your dc didn’t get a recall but was still a yes. 
my DD keeps drip feeding me extra information that she’s remembering, it’s driving me crazy! Hopefully not too much longer until results are in. 

3 minutes ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

My DS was called back in apparently (with another DC). To repeat stretches already done and to do some little jumps. DS initially felt he’d got something wrong but they reassured them both and said it was just because they’d missed watching those two doing those particular exercises while in the group. 

Ah ok then, it’s all so confusing! Can’t help but 2nd guess their every move. Good luck to your ds. Really hope boys results are tomorrow! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dd_dance said:

Ah ok then, it’s all so confusing! Can’t help but 2nd guess their every move. Good luck to your ds. Really hope boys results are tomorrow! 

It’s very stressful, isn’t it? I was doing the same - overanalysing everything - but as time has gone on we’ve relaxed about it a bit more. It’s out of our hands now. What will be, will be. We’ve always been prepared for a no so trying to keep the focus on what a fun experience it has been instead. DS is already saying he wants to do it all again next year (not sure I’ll cope though 🤣). 

Find as many distractions as possible - it helps, I promise. 😅

• Like 3

2 DC in my DS’s group were also called back in to do some stretches again. (My DS wasn’t) I think it’s so easy to overanalyse isn’t it! The waiting is so difficult. The first thing my DS has said as soon as the classroom door has opened both yesterday and today was ‘Have we heard from Royal yet?’ He wants it so much, I am dreading it being a no for him!

Just now, Bunny said:

2 DC in my DS’s group were also called back in to do some stretches again. (My DS wasn’t) I think it’s so easy to overanalyse isn’t it! The waiting is so difficult. The first thing my DS has said as soon as the classroom door has opened both yesterday and today was ‘Have we heard from Royal yet?’ He wants it so much, I am dreading it being a no for him!

Same... and all

his friends and teachers at school keep asking about Royal and Elmhurst!!! It’s awful 😰🥴😩

Just now, The red shoes said:

Same... and all

his friends and teachers at school keep asking about Royal and Elmhurst!!! It’s awful 😰🥴😩

This worries me too, I know everybody is trying to be supportive which is wonderful, but it’s the fear that if (when!) it’s a no it’s going to be even more difficult for him. 😓

59 minutes ago, Pointytoes said:

Just asked my daughter about this and she said they said this in her group, don’t put your tracksuit back on as they may recall you. She said the lady said if they do it doesn’t mean you’ve gotten further and if you don’t it doesn’t mean you haven’t just that they need to see more. No one got recalled back through in her group. She has also just told me there was a camera in the audition. As someone else said she’s drip feeding me information 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dd_dance said:

I wonder if they will now wait and get the results out together:) rather than boys first?! 

:( 

I think (IF that happens) all we can do is be there for them and remind them just how amazing they did to get to finals for one of the World’s best ballet schools and that this is only yr7, there are still many more years to come.
We have had this discussion with DS - he knows his favourite RB dancers didn’t start with the school in yr7, mostly upper school, and in his mind (and dreams of being on the ROH stage one day) this makes him feel better about the likelihood of a no at this point. My DS will be disappointed, no doubt, but I think it would make him more determined to come back and try again next year. That resilience and drive we keep hearing about that dancers have. (I hope so as they are very big dreams to have so he will need a lot of determination and resilience to get anywhere near that level). 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Weloveballet said:

Just asked my daughter about this and she said they said this in her group, don’t put your tracksuit back on as they may recall you. She said the lady said if they do it doesn’t mean you’ve gotten further and if you don’t it doesn’t mean you haven’t just that they need to see more. No one got recalled back through in her group. She has also just told me there was a camera in the audition. As someone else said she’s drip feeding me information 🤣

I’m glad you’ve said that as I wasn’t sure if DS was making that bit up about a camera. He said there was a GoPro looking thing on the barre a little bit in front of him and was quite distracting as he didn’t know if it was filming or not. 🤣 

2 minutes ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

:( 

I think (IF that happens) all we can do is be there for them and remind them just how amazing they did to get to finals for one of the World’s best ballet schools and that this is only yr7, there are still many more years to come.
We have had this discussion with DS - he knows his favourite RB dancers didn’t start with the school in yr7, mostly upper school, and in his mind (and dreams of being on the ROH stage one day) this makes him feel better about the likelihood of a no at this point. My DS will be disappointed, no doubt, but I think it would make him more determined to come back and try again next year. That resilience and drive we keep hearing about that dancers have. (I hope so as they are very big dreams to have so he will need a lot of determination and resilience to get anywhere near that level). 

You are 100 percent right! The first thing my DS said when he came out as we walked back to the car was ‘If it’s a no I am going to work SO hard and come back to try again next year!’ But I still think the reality of a no will be difficult for him to take. Hopefully they will be able to brush it off and bounce back more determined if it’s not their time yet!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

I’m glad you’ve said that as I wasn’t sure if DS was making that bit up about a camera. He said there was a GoPro looking thing on the barre a little bit in front of him and was quite distracting as he didn’t know if it was filming or not. 🤣 

Yes I didn’t ask her about it either. She randomly said it like she had just remembered when I asked her tonight about the recall thing. I had actually forgot the camera thing had even been mentioned ages ago in this thread 

• Like 2

Yes I asked my DD after reading this and she said yes there was a camera in between the judges. 🤦‍♀️ The information they leave out! I just know I’m not getting even half of the story lol! She also said that they said they might recall some of them but didn’t. X 

• Like 1