White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to all! 

Now for the awkward part, we were informed that there would be alternative final audition arrangements made for those who were unable to attend in person and that this would take place after April 4.  But since then there has been no further contact and now clearly places have already been offered. Very confusing indeed. 

Is anyone else in this situation?

25 minutes ago, BalletPapa said:

Congratulations to all! 

Now for the awkward part, we were informed that there would be alternative final audition arrangements made for those who were unable to attend in person and that this would take place after April 4.  But since then there has been no further contact and now clearly places have already been offered. Very confusing indeed. 

I'm not but I assume they would have to honour this and would maybe have kept a space back or something for this scenario? X 

41 minutes ago, BalletPapa said:

Congratulations to all! 

Have you tried emailing the auditions team to ask about arrangements? I’m sure there will be some x

52 minutes ago, BalletPapa said:

Congratulations to all! 

I wonder as they will have faculty in the school over Easter running the online Spring intensive they may offer a zoom audition then? I think that’s running from the 7th April? But I’m sure speaking to them will clarify some options, best of luck 🤞 

Does anyone know with the Mid associates places whether they will be based on the original video audition or the white lodge audition or will they factor both in? Is it the same people that decide for both? I’m assuming that’s why they filmed them? I sadly have told my DD I don’t think a MA place is likely based on the fact she didn’t have the physio checks others mentioned. I just didn’t want her to get her hopes up as yesterday was awful for her. She felt that the audition had gone really well and she’d had a compliment from the artistic director too. But it seems clear they had decided no on her before the physio   

1 hour ago, Weloveballet said:

Does anyone know with the Mid associates places whether they will be based on the original video audition or the white lodge audition or will they factor both in? Is it the same people that decide for both? I’m assuming that’s why they filmed them? I sadly have told my DD I don’t think a MA place is likely based on the fact she didn’t have the physio checks others mentioned. I just didn’t want her to get her hopes up as yesterday was awful for her. She felt that the audition had gone really well and she’d had a compliment from the artistic director too. But it seems clear they had decided no on her before the 

My dd JA teacher said they normally get mids if they reach the finals unless they find a physical issue...but it looks like they may have taken more to finals than normal so not sure this is true this year....I wouldn't read too much into the physio checks...a lot of them had the physio before the dancing? Also different physios may have used different methods...also they were often lying on their front when they did checks so they wouldn't have necessarily seen? I think I will be playing down our chances of getting mids though as the standard was so high and there were so many girls! X 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

My dd JA teacher said they normally get mids if they reach the finals unless they find a physical issue...but it looks like they may have taken more to finals than normal so not sure this is true this year....I wouldn't read too much into the physio checks...a lot of them had the physio before the dancing? Also different physios may have used different methods...also they were often lying on their front when they did checks so they wouldn't have necessarily seen? I think I will be playing down our chances of getting mids though as the standard was so high and there were so many girls! X 

I will be doing the same, Mids places are so hard to get in normal years with only around 5 girls spaces at each centre as the classes are mixed with years 7,8 and 9 being in the same class.  We also had a no yesterday,  DD was upset but she knows that getting to finals was a massive achievement anyway.  Well done to all the Yes and Wait List results and sorry to all the nos.  Xxxx

Edited by Ballet Dreams
Didn’t make sense
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Weloveballet said:

Does anyone know with the Mid associates places whether they will be based on the original video audition or the white lodge audition or will they factor both in? Is it the same people that decide for both? I’m assuming that’s why they filmed them? I sadly have told my DD I don’t think a MA place is likely based on the fact she didn’t have the physio checks others mentioned. I just didn’t want her to get her hopes up as yesterday was awful for her. She felt that the audition had gone really well and she’d had a compliment from the artistic director too. But it seems clear they had decided no on her before the physio   

Maybe because she danced first they felt they didn’t need to check certain things if they could see it in the class. Or maybe they were rushing. I don’t think you should read anything in to it XX 

• Like 1

I went through all this last year with my ds. He applied for year 8 last year with only 3 boys in finals for that year. He sadly didn’t make it and was absolutely heartbroken. It took a long time to get over it but it the end he was fine and decided not to apply again this year. What will be will be. You can spend hours/days trying to figure out why it was a no but it’s not worth it. They will all get there in their own time. Hope everyone’s dc are ok.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Weloveballet said:

The MA audition is just the original video. As others have said, there are very few places available for MAs, so will be managing dd’s expectations. 

• Like 1

Just to highlight the MA’s I do know of two lady’s who one and been through JA’s and Mids and summer schools and didn’t get Snr but he friend had tried every year for JA N Mids and always got a no until she audition for another year but for Snr and got a yes, the one who got assessed out was so upset but apparently they did asses a few out that year ........ so again for all those no’s if it’s your dream never give up

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Dancermom said:

Do you think it’s different people deciding on the mids places? 

No it isn’t, that’s why Mark Annear head of Associates is on the finals audition panel, they identify who they want for MAs pretty much from the finals, and the Prelim videos. Mark Annear is also present on the panel for Prelim selection. 

All the children in my child’s Y7 MA’s happened to be finalists, previous JAs and also on Wait List. 

Im not saying that will always be the case, but IME it often is. There are always some children who come in from other associates , but usually via the finals.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Motomum said:

No it isn’t, that’s why Mark Annear head of Associates is on the finals audition panel, they identify who they want for MAs pretty much from the finals, and the Prelim videos. Mark Annear is also present on the panel for Prelim selection. 

All the children in my child’s Y7 MA’s happened to be finalists, previous JAs and also on Wait List. 

Im not saying that will always be the case, but IME it often is. There are always some children who come in from other associates , but usually via the finals.

That’s interesting, I assumed the decisions were made by different teams. 

27 minutes ago, Motomum said:

Thanks for that info! When you say finalists, previous JAs and on waitlist, do you mean they were all three or just one of those things? Xx 

1 hour ago, Motomum said:

My DD has applied for MA but didn't apply for WL, I'm gutted we didn't think this through properly.  I do wonder if she will be at a disadvantage.  She wasn't a JA but was on the wait list for Year 6 so I'm hoping she will be on their radar.  This waiting and second guessing is so hard!

14 minutes ago, InOverOurHeads said:

My DD has applied for MA but didn't apply for WL, I'm gutted we didn't think this through properly.  I do wonder if she will be at a disadvantage.  She wasn't a JA but was on the wait list for Year 6 so I'm hoping she will be on their radar.  This waiting and second guessing is so hard!

A friend of DDs was waitlisted for MA last year having not applied for WL so all are definitely considered! She hadn't been a JA previously (or even tried for the programme).

Edited by BellaF
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, InOverOurHeads said:

I've heard of a few who made it to mids without having made the finals so you definitely have a chance xx 

• Like 1

Yes - from our experience you don’t need to have been a JA to gets mids and you don’t need to have got to finals to get mids. So it’s not based on finals alone. There are very few spaces for mids though x

Edited by busydanceparent
Typo
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, MrsR said:

The wait for MA results will be hard. I know in our centre there are likely to be very few moving on due to age.

when do we think the results might be? 

also, do you think there will be any sort of final / recall for MA.  I'll be very surprised if they offer any DC a MA place without seeing them in person, but I may be wrong.  

Edited by InOverOurHeads

1 minute ago, InOverOurHeads said:

also, do you think there will be any sort of final / recall for MA.  I'll be very surprised if they offer any DC a MA place without seeing them in person, but I may be wrong.  

No I don’t think there will be a recall as they’ve said results are out after Easter. I think they will decide by the videos and/or those that got to finals. 

• Like 1