RBS year 6 JA audition. Email class

Ballet Power

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Ed_DanceMum said:

We uploaded ours on 9th June, also quite early. Surname early in alphabet too.  So not sure how they are doing it. Sure there will be a method in there somewhere. Maybe they looked at photos initially and watched the ones they thought fit the bill first. The waiting makes you think all sorts of things, both positive and negative. At least we will hear on here when results start coming out, so might be clearer 

Edited by Ballet Dreams
Well done for your SWL. My daughter has SWL as well it’s been a no for the last two years so actually really pleased for her.
  • Like 1

Hi, sorry I’m new to this forum but have been following the thread. It was unfortunately a no for us this year for RBS but we have received an email to advise got a place on the waiting list for ballet boost. Which isn’t too bad for her first lot of auditions which were through video as well so DD is pretty happy and got fingers crossed a place might come up with ballet boost. Well done to everyone else! 

• Like 2

Total speculation but I wonder if more SWL places become available this year due to the change to Sunday classes at some centres? People might not be willing to give up associate places they have already committed to i.e. CBA...

• Like 1

DD has had a yes for JA’s year 6! She’s also got a ballet boost place so it’s going to be a busy year for us!! 

Sorry to hear all the no’s. DD got a no from RBS in year 4 (we didn’t try year 5) so things can and do change!! 

• Like 2

Just now, Daisyflower said:

Sorry to ask, what is ballet boost and where does it take place?

Ballet Boost is run by a fabulous lady called Emma Northmore. Have a look at their website. (No association with her other than being a very happy parent for many years now, to two of her students!)

2 minutes ago, Farawaydancer said:

Ballet Boost is run by a fabulous lady called Emma Northmore. Have a look at their website. (No association with her other than being a very happy parent for many years now, to two of her students!)

Do they run associate programmes? 

Feeling for those who weren't successful this time.  It is hard, especially after all the waiting and anticipation.  

Please encourage your little ones that one 'no' doesn't mean you will never get any 'yes's'.  

If it's what you want - keep trying and the right thing will happen for you when the time is right.

And if nothing else - this audition was a practice for the ones to come.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, glowlight said:

Feeling for those who weren't successful this time.  It is hard, especially after all the waiting and anticipation.  

Please encourage your little ones that one 'no' doesn't mean you will never get any 'yes's'.  

If it's what you want - keep trying and the right thing will happen for you when the time is right.

And if nothing else - this audition was a practice for the ones to come.

That's really lovely !! I'm really proud of how my DD has handled the whole process and even the no xx

• Like 2

My daughter got a yes for Birmingham 32 weeks course. Can’t really believe it! (I’m also her ballet teacher!)

she got a no in year 4 & year 5 and I was so disappointed for her but things do change! She’s taken classes in many places this year to help build strength and confidence. I recommend looking round at what is near you. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Mum of unicorn dancer said:

Can I check if there is any yes for London or Eastleigh as it looks only SWL for these so far. Could this be due to unclarity regarding social distancing/ changes to zoom classes/ venues opening? 

It’s a yes in London for my dd. SWL last year. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rocco said:

Congratulations to all those who have yes! 

Do you think anyone would ever give up a place after gong to the trouble of auditioning?

I would think it unusual but could happen. I imagine the change to Sunday will mean giving up other places like CBA which some might not want to do, especially if they are planning to try for a full time place at the school. 

I didn’t know about the Sunday change - is that for all locations? Thanks 

If it’s the same as last year the wait list stays open until October 1st and then no matter what happens no one new can join. 

4 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I didn’t know about the Sunday change - is that for all locations? Thanks 

If it’s the same as last year the wait list stays open until October 1st and then no matter what happens no one new can join. 

I don't know! I only picked up that it as a possibility for some centres from these boards.

We're still waiting for DD to audition for a year 5 place, hopefully in September but who knows 😀