• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Dancermom said:

Yes that’s probably true but there’s still hope until Oct 1st 🤣 

It aint over till its over 😀

I did wonder if they are keeping numbers low due to coronavirus.  If things start returning to "normal" in September would they be able to increase class sizes and offer SWL pupils a space - or maybe thats just wishful thinking 😬.  There didn't seem to be many pupils that were offered a place on this forum for year 6, but I know that not everyone in the ballet world uses this forum! x

6 minutes ago, InOverOurHeads said:

I did wonder if they are keeping numbers low due to coronavirus.  If things start returning to "normal" in September would they be able to increase class sizes and offer SWL pupils a space - or maybe thats just wishful thinking 😬.  There didn't seem to be many pupils that were offered a place on this forum for year 6, but I know that not everyone in the ballet world uses this forum! x

Yes i was thinking the same, but I always look at the positives and maybes! I know in Birmingham that they have 2 classes in year 6 and I’m wondering whether they didn’t do this but are waiting to see how it all goes with covid and then might add another class. 🤔 

13 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Hi everyone. Just had a lovely call to say my DD has been accepted into the JAs from the Swl! Had almost given up hope. For those of you still waiting I'm keeping everything crossed for you too x 

Congratulations to your daughter lovely news x

44 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Hi everyone. Just had a lovely call to say my DD has been accepted into the JAs from the Swl! Had almost given up hope. For those of you still waiting I'm keeping everything crossed for you too x 

Wow congratulations 🥳. Can I ask what centre it is? Xx 

Just now, Amme76 said:
2 hours ago, Raquelle said:

We have just had a phone call too ! I believe you were on swl for Bath I saw an earlier post from you ! We were too and now very happy we have confirmed bath space ... see you there and congratulations x

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Amme76 said:

We have just had a phone call too ! I believe you were on swl for Bath I saw an earlier post from you ! We were too and now very happy we have confirmed bath space ... see you there and congratulations x

Well done to your DD Amme! Super news 🙂 

Fingers crossed for anyone still waiting.

32 minutes ago, Reggi said:

Well done xx wonder if they only had placed for bath or there doing other venues too? 

Well seems like they’ve filled 2 places for Bath today which seems quite unusual?? My DD is also on waiting list for bham, I was hoping they were doing all centres and that I’d get a call but nothing. Wishful thinking! 

25 minutes ago, Dancermom said:

Well seems like they’ve filled 2 places for Bath today which seems quite unusual?? My DD is also on waiting list for bham, I was hoping they were doing all centres and that I’d get a call but nothing. Wishful thinking! 

Yeah I was thinking the same been sat by my phone all day haha! Gutted!! You would of thought they would of done all areas so maybe they only had 2 places to give in bath! Wonder if 2 people have dropped out or they were spare places 

10 minutes ago, Reggi said:

Yeah I was thinking the same been sat by my phone all day haha! Gutted!! You would of thought they would of done all areas so maybe they only had 2 places to give in bath! Wonder if 2 people have dropped out or they were spare places 

I was the same! I don’t know what to think, it just seemed strange to me that 2 places were offered for bath on the same day. Who knows! 

Fingers crossed that you will hear something soon. I thought it was a joke when I had A phone call today, I had given up hope. The classes are on a Sunday up till Christmas then changes to a Saturday social distancing permitting. Our 1st meeting is 12th sept via zoom where we meet teacher and ask questions and our 1sr class is 20th. It appears they were waiting to see what happens with the social distancing saga. Best of luck to you all xx

19 minutes ago, Amme76 said:

Fingers crossed that you will hear something soon. I thought it was a joke when I had A phone call today, I had given up hope. The classes are on a Sunday up till Christmas then changes to a Saturday social distancing permitting. Our 1st meeting is 12th sept via zoom where we meet teacher and ask questions and our 1sr class is 20th. It appears they were waiting to see what happens with the social distancing saga. Best of luck to you all xx

Congratulations to your DD I am crossing everything for my DD who is on the SWL for totnes.  

32 minutes ago, Amme76 said:

It must have been a very lovely surprise! I would imagine they’d have done it all on the same day for all centres but who knows. X 

14 minutes ago, Dancermom said:

It must have been a very lovely surprise! I would imagine they’d have done it all on the same day for all centres but who knows. X 

That’s what I think to but somehow hanging out for a glimpse of hope 🙏🏻Xx

3 minutes ago, Dancermom said:

Thank you! Well I know of 2 others on for bham so I don’t know how many more 🤷‍♀️ 

Thank you! Well I know of 2 others on for bham so I don’t know how many more 🤷‍♀️ 

Ok so maybe if 2 from bath got it today maybe there is 3 from each ?! Or maybe just 2 ?! Maybe like someone said they only took what they thought they could due to COVID an social distancing! But now can take more?! Xx