RBS year 6 JA audition. Email class

Ballet Power

13 minutes ago, Ed_DanceMum said:

Just a word of warning to anyone who created a Vimeo plus account. I’ve just noticed a payment of £89.20 pending to come off my account.  To avoid this you have to opt out of auto-renew before 30 days has lapsed. So make sure you do this and remove your card details too. I Didn’t even remember adding them when I set up the account. I just googled how to cancel the subscription and it was really easy - just a few steps. Thought I should mention it in case it affects anyone else! 

Hi just wondering if your child is swl would they need to view it again? 

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, JoB said:

Hi just wondering if your child is swl would they need to view it again? 

That’s a good point. I guess they may have downloaded them but maybe not. I guess they might contact me if they try and look again and there is a problem with the video 

5 minutes ago, Ed_DanceMum said:

That’s a good point. I guess they may have downloaded them but maybe not. I guess they might contact me if they try and look again and there is a problem with the video 

I have unsubscribed already a couple days ago and I had an email saying I would be transferred to a free account and that 10gb of videos could stay on the free account as long as you don’t delete your account and just unsubscribe your account for Pro.  So the video should still play if they need to watch again.

Edited by Ballet Dreams

1 minute ago, Ballet Dreams said:

I have unsubscribed already a couple days ago and I had an email saying I would be transferred to a free account and that 10gb of videos could stay on the free account as long as you don’t delete your account and just unsubscribe your video.  So the video should still play if they need to watch again.

Thank you, that’s really helpful! X 

4 hours ago, Dancermom said:

Obviously I don’t know for sure but in my opinion they will have a definite numbered waitlist and won’t need to watch the videos again. 

I’d guess you’re right. 

Hi everyone. I'm another on the SWL! My dance teacher asked me to ring the royal and ask how long the list was. I did but only got through the an answering machine, left a message and they havent returned my call. I dont want to be a weird stalker mum and call again 😂. Has anyone else been advised to call and find out more? X 

20 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Hi everyone. I'm another on the SWL! My dance teacher asked me to ring the royal and ask how long the list was. I did but only got through the an answering machine, left a message and they havent returned my call. I dont want to be a weird stalker mum and call again 😂. Has anyone else been advised to call and find out more? X 

No I haven't, it would be interesting to know though.  There does seem to be a lot on SWL.  What centre were you enquiring about? My DD is SWL for London x

On 10/07/2020 at 19:14, Raquelle said:

Hope you don't me asking but just wondering if you heard anything back from Royal Ballet? x

I have no inside knowledge, so this is pure speculation. However I wonder if they have given fewer definite places upfront as Government regulations for dance classes have not yet been published. So they are being cautious in case only a few dancers are allowed in each class. Then if they find they can accommodate more, they will be able to fill places from the waiting list.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pas de Quatre said:

I have no inside knowledge, so this is pure speculation. However I wonder if they have given fewer definite places upfront as Government regulations for dance classes have not yet been published. So they are being cautious in case only a few dancers are allowed in each class. Then if they find they can accommodate more, they will be able to fill places from the waiting list.

Here’s hoping! 

Exactly Pas de Quatre! Regulations for normal classes, never mind Vocational Schools/Colleges, haven’t been given guidelines yet! I’m in wales and we haven’t even been given the go ahead to go back! It will be a logistical nightmare for them sorting timetables and boarding both on-site and off site! And then new intake for September before they even think about associate classes!! 😱

Edited by Dancing unicorn

3 hours ago, InOverOurHeads said:

Hope you don't me asking but just wondering if you heard anything back from Royal Ballet? x

Hello! I ended up emailing and they did respond but didnt really give much away in terms of how long the list is and what her chances are! Just that they would contact us if a space became available. I'm none the wiser really but at least I've shown I'm keen (or pushy?!) X 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pas de Quatre said:

Really hope this is the case x  

2 minutes ago, Reggi said:

Also if the deadline for acceptance is July 20th I’m guessing we would know soon if the ones in waiting list are to get offered a place? 

Yes but as Ballet Power posted earlier they had to confirm they wanted the place straight away. The 20th is the deadline for the official acceptance x 

11 hours ago, Reggi said:

Does any one know when you apply for white lodge for intake September 2021 

Hi, Normally! applications open in October and close in November. The first round of auditions are in January and it is the same audition for Mids and WL, (you select which courses you would like to be considered for) Then the final audition for WL is in March. (This year we were needed for 2 days, for girls- 1 day for boys) 

Results for WL came out approx a week later and then Mids results came out at the end of March.
Most of the vocational ballet schools have delayed this to start in January due to COVID 

hope this helps xx

• 2 weeks later...