RBS year 6 JA audition. Email class

Ballet Power

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We put ours on Vimeo so it will at least be obvious when they view it because if there's a view showing, it can't be anyone else - at least I hope so. But I can't believe they're going to sit down and watch every single one from beginning to end. I mean it would be amazing if they did, but they'd be there til Christmas! 

10 hours ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

Amazing thank you !! Yes think I'm just worried about messing it up ha xx

Remember that they only want to see what your little dancer can do - they won't be judging your skills as a cinematographer.

6 minutes ago, glowlight said:

Remember that they only want to see what your little dancer can do - they won't be judging your skills as a cinematographer.

We've just recorded so going to upload on a min. I know i was just a bit worried about her having enough room etc to perform the exercises but we did thankfully !! Good luck to everyone 👏 xx

No I didn’t get any acknowledgement which scared me but I think if there’s a problem hopefully they’ll contact you. It took me hours to upload the video to Dropbox! Hopefully we will know before end of term but there’s going to be a lot of videos for them to get through so could be longer. X 

30 minutes ago, Dancermom said:

No I didn’t get any acknowledgement which scared me but I think if there’s a problem hopefully they’ll contact you. It took me hours to upload the video to Dropbox! Hopefully we will know before end of term but there’s going to be a lot of videos for them to get through so could be longer. X 

I had exactly the same problem as my phone had recorded in some sort of super HD so the file was massive. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long. I used vimeo as somebody mentioned you can see when it's been viewed so I'll keep an eye on that too xx

2 hours ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

I had exactly the same problem as my phone had recorded in some sort of super HD so the file was massive. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long. I used vimeo as somebody mentioned you can see when it's been viewed so I'll keep an eye on that too xx

Ooh ok let us know when it gets viewed! I might have a look to see if that is ok Dropbox too! Xx 

It’s usually late June when we find out, I know they’ve got loads to get through but I can’t imagine they’ll leave it too long as obv people need to get organised with uniforms and stuff. So my bet is that it will be before end of summer term. 🤞 I did hear that they have two classes in year 6 so potentially lots more spaces if this is still what they do. X 

Hopefully mid-July? Depends on the approach taken to viewing the videos. Staff will surely be keen to wrap this up and have their summer break. Will they skim through and look for what they need?  It would be interesting to know. Good luck everyone! 

Did the audition video include the stretches that they normally include in the live auditions? If these take place fairly early in the recording that might be a point where they decide whether to keep watching. I imagine that if a child doesn’t fit key criteria, they wouldn’t watch the full half hour of video... 

Fingers crossed for everyone! Hopefully you won’t have to wait too long.

1 minute ago, SissonneDoublee said:

Did the audition video include the stretches that they normally include in the live auditions? If these take place fairly early in the recording that might be a point where they decide whether to keep watching. I imagine that if a child doesn’t fit key criteria, they wouldn’t watch the full half hour of video... 

Yes there were stretches and warm up exercises so you could be right. I really hope it's not too long 🤞 xx

3 minutes ago, Ed_DanceMum said:

Hopefully mid-July? Depends on the approach taken to viewing the videos. Staff will surely be keen to wrap this up and have their summer break. Will they skim through and look for what they need?  It would be interesting to know. Good luck everyone! 

Yes I’m hoping mid July 🤞 I would imagine some videos will get watched all the way through but some will reach the cutting room floor quite quickly. They might just skip through to the important bits. X 

15 minutes ago, SissonneDoublee said:

Yes I think if they think the child is what they’re looking for they’ll forward to important bits. If not they may not bother watching anymore. It’s a lot of 40 minute vids to get through if they did watch them all! 

• Like 1