RBS year 6 JA audition. Email class

Ballet Power

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vimeo does give you audience analytics but I'm not sure whether a. It's massively accurate b. What it means if they've watched a lot or a little (nothing to compare to) and c. Exactly what all the various figures mean 😆 So I'm not putting much store by anything but I'm dead impressed that they've got onto these so quickly.

I imagine that as with normal live auditions the definite decisions, yes or no, will be quick, and they need to see less of the video, or perhaps fast forward to check certain things. It is the middle group of possibles that will need more scrutiny. So I doubt if knowing how much of the video has been watched will tell you anything.

7 hours ago, Pas de Quatre said:

I imagine that as with normal live auditions the definite decisions, yes or no, will be quick, and they need to see less of the video, or perhaps fast forward to check certain things. It is the middle group of possibles that will need more scrutiny. So I doubt if knowing how much of the video has been watched will tell you anything.

I agree. At this age it’s hugely about the ‘right’ body shape for their training and they’ll be able to tell that within minutes with most, if not seconds. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rocco said:

Ah thanks. So they’re not watching them in venue order!

I don’t know - we did ours on Dropbox and you can’t tell if it’s been watched- those that are on Vimeo can see.... I guess they’ll send results all together though so was just interested if any of the Vimeo users were still waiting for theirs to be viewed!

It’s true there was the other years last year but also they were grouped together in classes. With the video auditions they have to assess every one separately so it might take even longer. .... or they might watch the videos together on big screens and compare.. never thought of that before it just popped into my head lol X

• Jan McNulty changed the title to RBS year 6 JA audition. Email class
On 18/06/2020 at 16:42, Dancermom said:

Ooh ok let us know when it gets viewed! I might have a look to see if that is ok Dropbox too! Xx 

So mine says it has been viewed 8 times but when I click on it it only shows today’s date! I have no idea how to use Vimeo and didn’t realise people could like and comment on there! So these views could of been from the public I had no idea! I have just made the account private! So for all I know the RB May not have viewed it! Xx

21 hours ago, Macy1 said:

I don’t know - we did ours on Dropbox and you can’t tell if it’s been watched- those that are on Vimeo can see.... I guess they’ll send results all together though so was just interested if any of the Vimeo users were still waiting for theirs to be viewed!

Mine has been viewed 8 times but this could of been by the public I didn’t realise it was like Instagram! So I have no clue if they have viewed it or not! 😆

1 minute ago, Reggi said:

Mine has been viewed 8 times but this could of been by the public I didn’t realise it was like Instagram! So I have no clue if they have viewed it or not! 😆

I set my daughters to private and could only be accessed with the password which i provided to RB. So hers only has one viewing on 24th June xx

4 minutes ago, Reggi said:

Ooh I didn’t know we had to do that...I didn’t send a password to them presuming they have  been able to view it though with it being not private! 

I wouldn't worry they'd have been in touch to advise if they were unable to watch it. They were unable to view my DD so asked me to resend the link and password and they've since viewed it xx

15 minutes ago, Dancingsantosisters said:

I wouldn't worry they'd have been in touch to advise if they were unable to watch it. They were unable to view my DD so asked me to resend the link and password and they've since viewed it xx

Ooh fab :) fingers crossed 😬 wonder when we will found out I’m checking my phone every morning and at midnight 🙈 this is worse than the audition xx

Hope you all hear soon! Sure they'll want to draw a line underneath these auditions ASAP, fingers crossed anyway!

What sort of thing did you have to film? No-one for DD's dance school has tried for JAs for a few years so going in blind as to what will actually happen in her audition for a year 5 place in September.