Royal Opera House broadcasts parts of its back catalogue

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, jmhopton said:

Dave, do you know what the Royal Ballet Mixed Bill is, please, that you mention in the Upcoming Events on Oct 9th? I can't find it on their website though all the other streamed and cinema events are there.

It isn't listed yet. They keep saying "soon" 😀

18 minutes ago, jmhopton said:

Dave, do you know what the Royal Ballet Mixed Bill is, please, that you mention in the Upcoming Events on Oct 9th? I can't find it on their website though all the other streamed and cinema events are there.

It's the gala mixed bill, like last week's opera one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FionaE said:

Elite Syncopations will be in the Ballet gala on 9th October ... announced by Charlotte MacMillan In Kenneth MacMillan FB group 

Yes - and many dancers have been hinting that news for days, posting pics. from the last run on their Instagram feeds. 

12 hours ago, jmhopton said:

Sorry, I just flagged it up, hoping to add info as it became avaialble. As others say above, it is more gala pieces, than a proper mixed bill - Elite S excepted, as seems to be happening - so not sure if they will even announce what is being performed, until much closer to the event itself. Think they will rely on us just tuning in and letting it wash over us! 🙂

I think I must have missed the press release or whatever stating that they were resuming broadcasts.  That said, I think all but one of them were opera (or at least non-ballet), which is probably why it didn't get much mention on here.

2 minutes ago, FionaE said:

Please keep updating the calendar with live-streams even if pay-to-view.  I find it very helpful 🙏

I would but every time I try it comes out on the wrong day. Have tried changing time zones and everything to compensate for my location. Perhaps someone in the UK can do it? 

30 minutes ago, FionaE said:

Please keep updating the calendar with live-streams even if pay-to-view.  I find it very helpful 🙏

Anyone (except possibly oncnp?) can add to the calendar, Fiona - it was specifically designed that way.  See the pinned post at the top of this subforum :)

oncnp, I'm not sure what the problem is for you - I can't imagine location has any effect, and indeed I believe that other posters based in North America have managed to post events.

1 minute ago, bridiem said:

Thanks, oncnp - I've now booked this. Did you get an email about it? (I didn't - or at least haven't yet.)

No e-mail (from the ROH? - perish the thought 😃) just ran across it in my usual check of the "What's On" page. Was actually looking for info on the 9 October gala which isn't even listed yet (but they have 3 weeks)

13 minutes ago, alison said:

Anyone (except possibly oncnp?) can add to the calendar, Fiona - it was specifically designed that way.  See the pinned post at the top of this subforum :)

oncnp, I'm not sure what the problem is for you - I can't imagine location has any effect, and indeed I believe that other posters based in North America have managed to post events.

Probably because I'm just incompetent. But you are definitely not and it's showing up on Thurs 24 Sept in the calendar or at least my view of it (or did you put it there intentionally?)

Edited by oncnp

8 minutes ago, alison said:

Interesting.  If you're talking about Dances at a Gathering, I think that's on the 25th.  So your computer must be localising the timings.  I wonder if there's any way round that?

Sorry- yes DAAG. I have tried to change the time zone to London time when posting on the calendar but it always comes out a day ahead. Just me, I'm sure. 

1 hour ago, alison said:

Don't forget, the Royal Ballet's streaming (paid) of Jerome Robbins' Dances at a Gathering starts tonight, I think at 7 pm?  It will be available for a month.

Yes 7pm - pure bliss ... and so much needed in these troubled times.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ninamargaret said:

will definitely get my £3 worth by watching this several times. Hope it appears on DVD.

Being released in Janaury

3 hours ago, oncnp said:

Being released in Janaury

3 hours ago, Rob S said:

It’s currently due out towards the end of January. 

That should cheer me up in lockdown!  Have just watched it and found I was suffering from such a mixture of emotions, partly the ballet,which I always find a combination of joy,fun,sadness. And then the realisation that normal life, let alone theatregoing, seems to be receding further away all the time. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, ninamargaret said:

That should cheer me up in lockdown!  Have just watched it and found I was suffering from such a mixture of emotions, partly the ballet,which I always find a combination of joy,fun,sadness. And then the realisation that normal life, let alone theatregoing, seems to be receding further away all the time. 

That's the downside - it brings home with a jolt what we are missing

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

May be more back catalogue streamings to come  - Rachel Hollings, Artistic Administrator The Royal Ballet (@lahollings) said on IG this AM referring to Dances at a Gathering.....

More past relays will continue, like this one, to pop up as streams. 

…..and she takes the most beautiful pictures

Found on Twitter...

Graham Watts @GWDanceWriter

@TheRoyalBallet

will continue its free #OurHouseToYourHouse broadcasts with a new Friday Premiere of Crystal Pite’s Olivier award-winning Flight Pattern (2019), which will be broadcast for free, wherever you are in the world, by YouTube, on 6 November

Edited by oncnp

6 hours ago, oncnp said:

Found on Twitter...

Graham Watts @GWDanceWriter

@TheRoyalBallet

will continue its free #OurHouseToYourHouse broadcasts with a new Friday Premiere of Crystal Pite’s Olivier award-winning Flight Pattern (2019), which will be broadcast for free, wherever you are in the world, by YouTube, on 6 November

Lovely. Although that's the same week, including that evening, that there are the four live performances at ROH of the Elite Syncopations etc programme. Hope this doesn't mean there wont be a live streaming of that

1 minute ago, MargaretN7 said:

Lovely. Although that's the same week, including that evening, that there are the four live performances at ROH of the Elite Syncopations etc programme. Hope this doesn't mean there wont be a live streaming of that

I received a completely non-responsive response when I e-mailed the ROH about ballet streaming. Two of the opera already have streaming dates mentioned on the information page.  Perhaps they are still finalizing the ballet streaming dates. 🤞