Sign in to follow this  
Kate_N

Royal Opera House broadcasts parts of its back catalogue

Has everyone received this email from the Royal Opera House?

They're streaming some of their back catalogue of productions via Facebook & YouTube. Looks terrific.  #fromourhousetoyourhouse

https://www.roh.org.uk/news/the-royal-opera-house-launches-a-programme-of-free-online-content-for-the-culturally-curious-at-home?utm_source=wordfly&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020_March_Free_Content_Announcement_Public_Ask&utm_content=version_A&emailsource=49912

NB: I hope this isn't replicating what others have already posted; I did check to see ...

I think it covers the same ground as one they sent out maybe a week ago, but thanks for posting anyway :) 

I thought it was very uninteresting rep when you consider what they must have in their vaults. 

Edited by Don Q Fan
  • Like 9

I've just received an email from the Friends Office adding another couple of items for our delectation. Gloriana and Winters Tale. I'm distinctly underwhelmed. I realise there are probably copyright issues but surely they could have done,better than just stick a few dvds on?

Edited by ninamargaret
Spelling correction
  • Like 6

Gloriana

THE ROYAL OPERA

24 April, 7pm BST

Queen Elizabeth I is forced to choose between love and duty in Richard Jones's production of Britten's grand opera.

The Winter’s Tale

THE ROYAL BALLET

1 May, 7pm BST

A modern ballet classic, Christopher Wheeldon brings Shakespeare's romance to the stage in this tale about the destructive power of jealousy.

• Like 1

I'll be pleased to see The Winter's Tale since I don't have the DVD. I might even give Gloriana a go since I've never seen it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bridiem said:

I'll be pleased to see The Winter's Tale since I don't have the DVD. I might even give Gloriana a go since I've never seen it.

I liked Gloriana, it got very good reviews and I managed to get a late ticket to see it.

• Like 1