balletmum20

Lower School Auditions 2016

Just adding that we haven't received any details for WL finals yet either. Planning to turn up at 9.15ish with a packed lunch and a leotard!

It sounds like group one girls is all year &, group 2 is some year 7 and some older years, and I guess group 3 is all older years? Normally around a max of 25 in each group at any audition, so I'm guessing maybe 20-25 in group 1 (year 7) then possibly another 10 or 15 year 7s in group 2? (All pure speculation by the way, lol!)

Has anyone got their heads and tring finals? Some get boarding and funding audition, some get day place and funding audition, some get given boarding place and no funding. I'm guessing boarding and funding invite means higher up on their list than day place and funding invite?

I think it depends on how many boarding spaces there are available in each year group as well.

I feel really sick with the thought of tomorrow's Tring audition! Good luck everyone, and amos73 hope your ready for Costa and lots of nervous chatting tomorrow xx

• Like 1

Good luck for tomorrow with Tring auditions!

I can't believe it's been already a year since my DD's auditions! (Also I'm already stressed thinking that it will be my DS turn next year - if he's lucky enough to get through to finals)

All fingers crossed for all your lovely DCs at finals!

• Like 2

I wish all of you the very best for Tring tomorrow .

My DS is in 6 th form there , and it has been wonderful .

He has had other offers / decisions to make along the way , but Tring has afforded him a great training , 9 good GCSE results , 2 AS and hopefully 2 A levels !

A 4 week scholarship to Hong Kong summer school , 2 trips to Sweden , performing at the RoyalAlbert Hall and various other theatres .

Aside from this he has made lifelong friendships , played in a band, and been looked after so well by the amazing Sheila Hoole in the boarding house .

The other day we were talking about things , and he said that even if nothing came of his dancing ( though he is determined it will ) - he would not regret ever going Tring .

Enjoy your day - how quickly the time goes .

Tutugirl

• Like 11

Costa? Coffee? I'm there, Balletmum20.

Do we need a 'balletco' flag to wave, to let others know to gravitate towards us?

BalletQueen, look forward to meeting you!

• Like 2

I have a boy pupil in audition now - apparently 12 boys for year 7

Not all get physio - or at lest in previous years

We're not done yet, hope it's gone well for everyone! So being asked to go to orthopaedic, is it s good sign or not? Another mystery!

I think there was a year 8 girl in the 9am audition with the year 7s this morning - what time was your dd's audition?

Apparently there are 6 funded places available at the moment, and in total 60 have come back for funding finals (boys/girls/and all year groups included).

(We were told by Rachel Rist, this morning.)

Edited to clarify - by which I mean, there was a girl auditioning for year 8 along with the girls auditioning for year 7!

Edited by amos73

Yes 17 yr 6 girls there this morn, the physio callback is a mystery, DD thought those called back were exceptionally flexible, no idea if that's true?! 2-3 weeks to hear outcome seems a long time. Must improve waiting skills- Good luck all!

• Like 1

AKLF - DD was in front row so couldn't see the others for flexibility etc, but perhaps there would be need to check for hyper mobility in some children?

Hopefully, the 2-3 weeks is a red herring. I'm sure they will send out results before WL and Elmhurst. That must be why they have done their finals earlier this year.

I'm not expecting a yes though, 6 places for 60 talented kids of both sexes and all year groups - eek!!