Lower School Auditions 2016

balletmum20

Yes she is for your 8 and like you not holding out on much hope. Good luck to your dd also!! The letter last year was lovely, it tells you how much of an achievement it was to be considered for funding and how talented that makes your child and how they would love to give everyone at the audition funding. It also explains about the waiting list. I must say it really is a nicely worded letter and I think their aim is to soften the blow, and I think it does as its not just a...."sorry but it's a no" letter and it feels a bit more personal. Of well I guess there will be 54 of them going out this year!!

Edited for typo!

Edited by Lema

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question and i have no idea?? The only thing I know that kind of links to your question is that last year (and I should add that I don't know this personally, it was something I have read on here and also another mom also told me the same story) Tring had filled all the year 7 beds with fee paying dc, meaning at funding audition they had no spaces available for boarding year 7 as they had already filled all the beds. Now whether this is true or not I couldnt possibly say, but it does make you wonder whether even if not true, could it actually happen?? As when you get the first letter you can pay your registration fee to secure your bed and commit to funding the place yourself, so if they had enough people do that would they then offer these people funding or just let them pay for themselves and use the funding for other years? Or for pupils already at the school who need funding?

But like everything else, we'll never know how it all works but if does make for interesting pondering lol :)

Just to add that when I say "I read it on here" I didn't mean on this thread, it was last year and the thread titled.... Tring lower school dance audition date through!!!!!....some interesting reading on the last few pages, I'm not sure how much is speculation and how much is fact but interesting none the less.

It's the reserve list for my DS too (yr7) ........he didn't have a physio either !!! Wonder if all the children at funding finals are put on the reserve list ??? Maybe it a case of letting them down gently, not sure. Nevermind, what's meant to be - is meant to be !!! These are all such talented children who will continue their love of dancing regardless ........ & that's what's most important !!! Good luck to everyone else xx

• Like 5

No news for us yet!! Well done to all the yes' and commiserations to the no's, but remember it's only a no for now and places do come up off the reserve list!! We were told at the audition that 60 children were at the funding auditions and they list them all from 1-60 so every child will be on the reserve list of not offered a place, so if you were number 7 and someone turned down their place you would be the first to be offered the place, then number 8 and so on! Good luck to those with other finals still to come :)

• Like 1

Does anyone know what date the children with a "yes" for Tring funding have to accept the place & pay the deposit ?? Like you say Balletmum - this could give some families a bit of a dilemma if they have further finals with other schools.

Good question especially for those with finals at Hammond as their funding audition isn't till 18th April!!

In the past, I believe they have told people where they are on The reserve list. Tring are very keen that you really want to go there, and that you are not just playing the odds. Probably why they do their finals before the others. Also, don't forget some 5th forms in receipt of MDS are auditioning out. They MAY choose an alternative school for 6th form then those MDS's become available. Tring is an amazing school and for the right student, will offer all that they need to succeed vocationally and academically.

Edited to add: Very well done to all those who got to funding audition. It is an amazing achievement for your DC to get to that stage and you should feel very positive about your child's abilities.

Edited by Harwel
  • Like 1

In the past, I believe they have told people where they are on The reserve list. Tring are very keen that you really want to go there, and that you are not just playing the odds. Probably why they do their finals before the others. Also, don't forget some 5th forms in receipt of MDS are auditioning out. They MAY choose an alternative school for 6th form then those MDS's become available. Tring is an amazing school and for the right student, will offer all that they need to succeed vocationally and academically.

Edited to add: Very well done to all those who got to funding audition. It is an amazing achievement for your DC to get to that stage and you should feel very positive about your child's abilities.

Yes Harwel they did say more spaces may become available come May. And you can't blame them for wanting pupils who really want to be there, I imagine the mind set of a child would be different if they were at their first choice school compared to a school which wasn't top of their list maybe?!