Lower School Auditions 2016

balletmum20

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. First time user here so here goes!

I was reading thread to see if the White Lodge details had been sent out yet for next Thursday 3rd as I was starting to wonder if I had missed email! Received Elmhurst email today and my daughter is in group 3 (yr 10) so there are three groups. Has anybody received their final details for White Lodge yet please?

We are group two for Elmhurst.

DS had an audition for Hammond today. For some reason his music didn't work for the solo. I have checked the CD and it works fine for me so have no idea what happened. He had to do the solo with no music. He was obviously gutted. Should I contact them and ask if they would like a video of it to music or should I just leave it. Feel so bad for him.

We are group two for Elmhurst.

DS had an audition for Hammond today. For some reason his music didn't work for the solo. I have checked the CD and it works fine for me so have no idea what happened. He had to do the solo with no music. He was obviously gutted. Should I contact them and ask if they would like a video of it to music or should I just leave it. Feel so bad for him.

I would be very surprised it the Hammond were to look unfavourably on your son`s audition simply because the music didn`t work. They will however i`m sure,take into account the fact that he was able to remain composed and able,assuming, he was, to perform his solo to a good standard. This would show them that he has good improvisational skills,as often things can go wrong on stage and you are expected to carry on regardless.

• Like 1

I would be very surprised it the Hammond were to look unfavourably on your son`s audition simply because the music didn`t work. They will however i`m sure,take into account the fact that he was able to remain composed and able,assuming, he was, to perform his solo to a good standard. This would show them that he has good improvisational skills,as often things can go wrong on stage and you are expected to carry on regardless.

Thank you. I feel like the worst mum ever. He did the vocal although he has never really sung and did it without any music. He said all the others had backing tracks or sheet music. I didn't realise it was a big deal. I couldn't find any music for the song he chose as he had done it in school and as we only applied just before half term I couldn't get hold of anyone to find out where to get it. Even google proved useless! He did it though and I am so proud of him for just getting on with it.

On another note my ds is a mid August birthday for Sept Yr 7 entry to Elmhurst and he is in group 2 so not sure it would be chronological.

• Like 1

It sounds like group one girls is all year &, group 2 is some year 7 and some older years, and I guess group 3 is all older years? Normally around a max of 25 in each group at any audition, so I'm guessing maybe 20-25 in group 1 (year 7) then possibly another 10 or 15 year 7s in group 2? (All pure speculation by the way, lol!)

Has anyone got their heads and tring finals? Some get boarding and funding audition, some get day place and funding audition, some get given boarding place and no funding. I'm guessing boarding and funding invite means higher up on their list than day place and funding invite?

Good luck for tomorrow with Tring auditions!

I can't believe it's been already a year since my DD's auditions! (Also I'm already stressed thinking that it will be my DS turn next year - if he's lucky enough to get through to finals)

All fingers crossed for all your lovely DCs at finals!

• Like 2