Lower School Auditions 2016

balletmum20

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish all of you the very best for Tring tomorrow .

My DS is in 6 th form there , and it has been wonderful .

He has had other offers / decisions to make along the way , but Tring has afforded him a great training , 9 good GCSE results , 2 AS and hopefully 2 A levels !

A 4 week scholarship to Hong Kong summer school , 2 trips to Sweden , performing at the RoyalAlbert Hall and various other theatres .

Aside from this he has made lifelong friendships , played in a band, and been looked after so well by the amazing Sheila Hoole in the boarding house .

The other day we were talking about things , and he said that even if nothing came of his dancing ( though he is determined it will ) - he would not regret ever going Tring .

Enjoy your day - how quickly the time goes .

Tutugirl

• Like 11

I think there was a year 8 girl in the 9am audition with the year 7s this morning - what time was your dd's audition?

Apparently there are 6 funded places available at the moment, and in total 60 have come back for funding finals (boys/girls/and all year groups included).

(We were told by Rachel Rist, this morning.)

Edited to clarify - by which I mean, there was a girl auditioning for year 8 along with the girls auditioning for year 7!

Edited by amos73

Yes 17 yr 6 girls there this morn, the physio callback is a mystery, DD thought those called back were exceptionally flexible, no idea if that's true?! 2-3 weeks to hear outcome seems a long time. Must improve waiting skills- Good luck all!

• Like 1

AKLF - DD was in front row so couldn't see the others for flexibility etc, but perhaps there would be need to check for hyper mobility in some children?

Hopefully, the 2-3 weeks is a red herring. I'm sure they will send out results before WL and Elmhurst. That must be why they have done their finals earlier this year.

I'm not expecting a yes though, 6 places for 60 talented kids of both sexes and all year groups - eek!!

Warning - daft question coming up, and one I think I have asked before! A friend's DC is considering the vocational school audition round next year and I would like to understand how the 'Big 4' schools' auditions for Y7 entry operate.

Tring and Hammond have funding finals, is that correct? Does that mean that everyone who is called back for a funding audition could take up a place there and then if they are in a position to pay full fees? I had understood that this was the case at Hammond, I'm not sure about Tring. Or is there still an element of this being a final audition to decide who is actually offered a place? (I know that these two schools can offer courses other than ballet so perhaps that plays a part.)

White Lodge and Elmhurst on the other hand I believe make an initial cut after the first audition and then invite certain candidates back for a second and final audition rather than a funding audition? 

Legs eleven - re Hammond this year they sent a yes or no letter shortly after first audition. They are having recall auditions for funding. Not sure if all Y7/8 applicants who get a place are recalled for funding. Y9/10 applicants are being considered for funding via video but not attending.

In the past after first audition Tring have issued no/yes without funding recall/yes with funding recall.

Complicated...

• Like 1

Legseleven my dd was offered a place at Tring last year but with no funding final, so basically she had a place but we would have to have paid full fees. It was the same for Hammond except everyone who was offered a place was also invited back to the funding audition. She ended up at Hammond  :)

Our DS attended Tring for Yr7 this morning, but wasn't called back for physio .......we're taking that to be a "no" but not sure if we are right to think that or not ?? Either way ..... we're not very hopeful with the odds of an offer with 6 places for 60 talented DC. Onwards & upwards ????

• Like 1

My friends dd auditioned for Tring last year and didn't get asked to attend the physio and wasn't offered MDS, they auditioned again today for year 8 and once again wasn't asked for physio so they are taking it as a no, although I don't think they should judge it on that?? Not sure if the physio is related to an offer or not but we know of a few at Tring and most were asked to attend the physio at their funding audition. Friends dd was in the 9am audition and I'm sure I read on here someone else for year 8 was in the 9am audition so they must be mixed ages. Also last year the letters were back quite quickly if I remember rightly. Best of luck everyone.