Lower School Auditions 2016

balletmum20

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry DanceMomma, I meant we were told we would have a reply by the end of jan!!

My dd is going to email them today to ask, as she has to get time off school to come over!

Fingers crosse for your dd xx

Thank you Sam. I will send an email too, yes I'm getting concerned about getting flights, time off school, time off rehearsals for Spring Show, also auditions for next years Nutcracker! So much going on and biting my fingers waiting! Good luck to your dd also!

I know somebody asked already sorry but can't find the answer to how many dc Tring take to funding audition for year 7?

No idea this year, but I think last year was about 9, from looking at last year's posts on here. And I think they had 8 MDS places last year but of course with Tring they don't necessarily give these all out to year 7s.

It's hard to tell how many are taken to MDS finals for Tring... I'm guessing they have 3 sessions on the day, boys and girls separately in a fairly small group. There are also Tring students in the class trying for the MDS. What a tough world it is!

Thanks for the info Amos I know 4 girls and 2 boys who will be at the funding audition so assumed it would be many more than 9 there!

We also have year 7 funding audition and I know at least one other person's dd on here is.

I am just going on something someone said re last years auditions though, so it doesn't mean anything for this year!

Regarding MDS it also depends if they award some to current yr11 to take in to 6th form as for some families it is cheaper to carry on with an MDS then have a Dada, hence less MDS places for lower school. At Tring the funding finals is for yr7 to yr11 girls and boys all going for the same few MDS places. Scholarships for Mt course. The year my DD and Ds did funding final we received an email the night before which had gone out to all parents saying a total of 55 down to funding final for 6 funded places.x

No idea this year, but I think last year was about 9, from looking at last year's posts on here. And I think they had 8 MDS places last year but of course with Tring they don't necessarily give these all out to year 7s.

there were definitely many more than 9 at funding audition last year

The current year 11s at Tring who are on MDS have already been told whether they are keeping their MDS or not. Therefore, the MDS available at the funding audition are for new students auditioning (not sure about other years that may wish to be considered for MDS though).