Lower School Auditions 2016

balletmum20

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DD was at finals last year (trying for yr 8), and again this year (trying for yr 9). She didn't get a recall for physio at either audition. Last year, the recalls we knew about went on to be offered the MDS. I don't know how a school could be in the position to be able to offer a child a scholarship without the information from a physio assessment, unless they such exceptional dancers that the panel had already made their minds up.

Hi Piccolo, my DD was recalled along with two other girls and were not offered funded places for yr 10, but waiting list.  She was offered a fee paying place, but I don't appear to have 30k a year knocking around in the bank unfortunately  :)  :)

Elmhurst finals give everyone a physio assessment, which i think is much fairer, agree that without the info from a physio how can they offer.  

• Like 1

Hi Leader1, DD was also offered a waiting list place for Tring last year, although I'm sure, without a physio assessment, it must be just a way to let them down gently. The head of dance, who I noticed leaving this year, dogwalker style, with a big fluffy looking dog in tow, looked like she'd have a bit of empathy for the 'almost, but not quite' sort of child.

I believe the school do have some scholarships available and there will be a number of students (maybe all at funding finals??) put on a waiting list for funding as not all will take up their offer due to multiple offers.

Also I know in the past when they have had a very late withdrawal and funding becomes available they call back students on the waiting list for another look at them.

• Like 1

You only pay the registration fee if you are actually accepting your place, regardless of funding outcome. In other words you only pay the fee if you can afford to pay for your place if funding is not offered. If you are not able to accept your place without the help of funding then you don't pay the registration fee.

I think all the auditions were mixed years, not sure how many for each year?? But would assume there would be more for year 7, just a guess though.

• Like 1

Just been and checked last years letters and Tring funding audition was on 11th and the post mark on the results letter was 13th so I really doubt it will be 2-3 weeks, more likely 2-3 days if anything like last year!! And letter was by post not email :)