Lower School Auditions 2016

balletmum20

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Balletqueen, I have the same question ref Year 8 finals at White Lodge & Elmhurst.  I keep telling my DD that if there is a place, they won't necessarily award it if they don't feel any of the candidates are quite good enough but I also tell her to just enjoy the day and do her best.  So hard though to keep her grounded without taking away her excitement!

• Like 1

Hi, does anyone know how many girls may be invited to finals at Elmhurst and Tring for year 9. I understand the chances are extremely slim of a place at all but just curious how many may have been invited to finals. Can anyone recall of know? Thanks

my DD was invited to year 9 finals at Elmhurst. I recall there were 4 girls & one was accepted for year 9 entry. Good luck this year :)

Just wondering if anyone who has Tring Funding audition next week has had a recent communication from them about it? We had the letter at the time saying yes, please come on 24th etc but I haven't had anything recently. Wasn't sure if they sent a follow up letter or not?

Thanks!

Just wondering if anyone who has Tring Funding audition next week has had a recent communication from them about it? We had the letter at the time saying yes, please come on 24th etc but I haven't had anything recently. Wasn't sure if they sent a follow up letter or not?

Thanks!

No.

Hi, does anyone have any idea how many places are available in Year 9 at The Royal? Do they have extra beds as they move up the school?

At the audition insight day we went to in October Christopher Powney said that they can take up to 14 boarding students in any one year, and there would be possibility of a few day places as well, but that they don't always fill all places. Depends on who they see.

• Like 2

Hi, does anyone have any idea how many places are available in Year 9 at The Royal? Do they have extra beds as they move up the school?

I know that there are currently 14 year 7 girls and 13 year 8 girls so may be 1 place? Sometimes the day students still stay at times so are allocated beds - not sure if you have a dd or dd?

Baeballet I think you'll find this forum extremely welcoming and helpful! I have learnt a lot since joining and had a lot of support from the other members. Feel free to ask any questions you may have as there always seems to be someone that can help. Huge congratulations to your dd and welcome to the forum :)

• Like 2

Thank you so much . I don't understand much about the ballet world much to the dismay of my dd she is a late starter in ballet so I don't expect her to go any further I suspect she was taken more on physique than ability. Do you know how many have been taken through to finals and if getting a final audition has an impact on gaining a ma place ?

Hello Baeballet and welcome to the forum! Oddly enough your DD may be better placed to start vocational school at 11 in some ways than others who have been taking ballet lessons for years; she is less likely to have had time to develop ingrained bad habits and may find it less annoying than others may do to 'go back to basics' in the first lessons at WL if she gets a place. 

Physique is very important for vocational school places and if your DD has the required look and physical construction (facility for turnout, extension, decent feet etc), plus musicality and a passion for dance then she has as much chance as anyone else of being awarded a WL place. Obviously if she was auditioning at an older age there would be more need for her to be experienced and technically accomplished, but at 10 or 11 I understand that WL and other vocational schools are looking for the right 'raw materials' for their specific requirements.

Wishing your DD lots of luck in her final audition for WL - I hope she enjoys every minute of the day and is able to show the audition panel that she loves dancing! 

• Like 4

We're also Group 2 this year (for Year 8 entry).  Last year my DD was in the first group and there were 3 groups of girls, one which had the Year 8 & 9 girls, but I didn't really pay any attention to anything except the group we were involved with.  I know last year my DD went underchanged but not sure if she should again this year.  Looking at the timetable I've been sent, there is a time slot for them to change for the orthopaedic assessments and then again to prepare for the class.