Questions about Upper School auditions

Anna C

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got my prelim audition at central this coming Saturday, and I just wonder about a few things. I've only got to know where I shall meet, but I would like to know if they have a changing room available and if there are other classes than ballet?

Yes my prelim audition is Saturday morning, and I guess the final will eventually be on Sunday if I get through. And yes, it is prelim and finals in the same weekend for international students which is great because you don't need to get there twice.

• Like 3

Central finals- does anyone know how the finals work? Noticed on the invitation letter it said dancers should plan to stay around for longer than the times given due to possible recalls?..not sure what these recalls are eg class or interview, anyone know? trying to work out when she may be home today! Thanks

Hi Chaperone. After the audition a few are asked to return for a half hour recall after both morning and afternoon auditions are over. Last yr this consisted of a brief class of splits & stretching only. I suspect it was to check potential flexibility / turnout and the like for those who had not demonstrated these aspects during the audition itself. Your dd should know if she is required to stay for this or not after her 2 hr audition. Hope this helps. Best of luck to your dd.

DD had a callback and she was successful, but they did say it didn't mean anything at all - perhaps they just want to check some of them over again, who knows

Anyway, best not to worry if DD doesn't get callback as I'm sure it won't make any difference

Good luck all  ;)

• 4 months later...

Hello BalletNZ, I'm sorry your query seems to have slipped through the cracks.

I do not have any dancing relatives but I do know that Rambert has an excellent reputation.

If you haven't already discovered the search facility, it is well worth searching as there has been a number of Rambert-specific threads and they are also mentioned in other threads.

This is the search page I pulled up:http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello BP1 and welcome to the Forum.

I can't answer your questions but I am sure other members will be able to chip in.

You can also use the search facility on the Doing Dance Forum (top right hand side of the page) as there are many threads with useful information about Central and Tring.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...