ROH 2015 Spring Calendar Casting

Nowadays the casting for the next booking period is usually on the website by the time I get my ROH Magazine but doesn't seem to be this time, so here it is:

The Four Temperaments/New Hofesh Shechter/Song of the Earth:

March 27th: McRae*, Osipova*, Bonelli*, Watson, Yanowsky*/The Company/Nunez, Soares*, Acosta

March 30th: Muntagirov*, Osipova, Bonelli, Underwood*, Heap*/The Company/Morera, Kish, McRae*

April 8th and 10th: McRae, Lamb*, Golding*, Watson, Yanowsky/The Company/Nunez, Soares, Acosta

April 14th: Muntagirov, Lamb, Golding, Underwood, Heap/The Company/Morera, Kish, McRae

La Fille mal gardee:

April 16th, 24th: Morera, Muntagirov*

April 21st, May 2nd mat: Marquez, Zucchetti*

April 22nd, 28th: Nunez, Acosta

April 23rd, 29th, May 5th live relay: Osipova*, McRae

April 26th mat, May 2nd eve: Choe, Campbell*

Edited by barton22

Thank you for that, Barton22.  Isn't one of the usual suspects missing from Fille?  Apart from Cervera as Colas, I mean.  Hmm, Muntagirov as Colas.  Should be good to see, but isn't he unusually tall for the role?

I was going to say surely Bonelli had done 4Ts before, but it's a different role, I think.  Very pleased to see Watson still in it, since his performance last time round was one of the many things that has had it on my wishlist for revival for the last decade.  I did assume he wouldn't be able to do both 4Ts and Song of the Earth, but assumed it would be 4Ts which would be jettisoned.  I presume he'll be cast in Song of the Earth for the other run, whenever that is. 

Oooo some delicious casting for Fille;  think I'm going to have to see every cast!!  There goes my summer holiday budget....

I have long thought that Valentino would make an excellent Colas;  I hope he lives up to my expectations.  Roberta is my favourite Lise so this should be a successful coupling, although she and McRae are so good together in it I can hardly see them with anyone else!  Can't wait to see what Osipova makes of Lise.  It may well be the last outing for the delightful Nela/Carlos pairing.  Laura and Riccardo were also great together in this ballet, so will be very interesting to see how she fares with the tall Vadim.  I agree with Alison, this is not a role I usually associate with tall men (although Carlos is relatively tall).  Great to see the Campbell is being given a go at Colas too;  again, I can imagine him being wonderful in it.  Gosh, so much to look forward to! 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Janet will you be coming down for the April 26th matinee?!!

I agree some interesting castings but would love to see Choe in this role but also Muntagirov and Osipova

Can you book this now?

I ask because this is my last day as a Friend of ROH Ive booked some things up to April 9th but this may be the next booking period!

Looks like I'll be doing a lot of queuing then if this is the case!

I didn't see it was a Sunday!

Yes travelling on Sunday can be a pain especially if trying to prepare in advance.....buying ballet and cheaper train tickets .....as often the engineering works info isn't given out till the week ....at the most two weeks before so can't always know if travel will be very disrupted.

In our area it doesn't seem to be so bad in the summer months but anytime from October to April the lines could be worked on.

Anyway hope you do make it.

Ive booked for Lauren Cuthbertsons Swan Lake on April 9th......put it back as far as possible in the hope she will be dancing by then but after seeing her in the photo on the other thread it doesn't look too promising.

Poor Lauren I hope she makes a full recovery as soon as poss.

Back to Fille I really love Fille but will have to opt for no more than two performances .......so some decisions to make!!

I definitely want to see Choe.

It doesn't seem an obvious role for Osipova but am curious to see what she will make of it. But have also heard Morera is very good in this role. Ive seen Nunez and Acosta a couple of times now in the roles so can give them a miss this time round though I love them both in this ballet. So....Decisions decisions.......

• Like 1

Osipova is starring in both the Fille and Swan Lake performances that are going to be filmed (strikes me as unnecessary exposure for her considering the RB isn't short of principals for both roles, but whatever). So if you're restricted in the number of times you can get to London, there's always the option of catching the Osipova performances in the cinema locally and going to the ROH for performances by someone else.

• Like 2

Yes travelling on Sunday can be a pain especially if trying to prepare in advance.....buying ballet and cheaper train tickets .....as often the engineering works info isn't given out till the week ....at the most two weeks before so can't always know if travel will be very disrupted.

Southern are currently showing engineering works up to the end of January here: http://www.southernrailway.com/your-journey/plan-your-journey/improvement-works/

Obviously that's no guarantee that something more urgent won't crop up in the meantime, but it's probably a useful basis.

• Like 1

Southern Railways have been a complete pain these last few weeks, taking to doing engineering works on Monday to Wednesday nights, and getting earlier each week,  yesterday was a rare treat to get a normal journey and a Saturday too!  As Alison says, keep checking, Saturday 8th November has problems on the West Coastway, although Brighton to Victoria should be okay.

• 4 months later...

My head is bursting with all the many changes. But lovely to see Fumi Kaneko getting a chance.

Still no news about Odette/Odile for Muntagirov's performances on the 2nd and 9th April !!!???!!!

Edited by capybara

*Is* there actually an official ROH cast-change page, or do you simply have to bookmark the page which gives you all the pages which are tagged with "cast change"?

Yes - I couldn't find the reference to the latest Triple Bill changes when I went straight to the ROH website. What's the secret?

*Is* there actually an official ROH cast-change page, or do you simply have to bookmark the page which gives you all the pages which are tagged with "cast change"?

Aaah, I normally go to News > Ballet to find cast changes, but have now bookmarked the tag as http://www.roh.org.uk/news/tags/cast-change - So much easier, even if you still need to trawl through the list for updates.

Having a fixed 'Cast Changes' page would be neat.

• Like 3

They used to (not that that means anything, of course). The trouble is, there are so many "news" items that if you don't keep a regular eye on that page (as I don't) things get pushed off the bottom of it very quickly, so you don't spot them.

• 2 weeks later...

Zucchetti has been injured for quite a while now. I assume he hasn't recovered in time to dance Colas.

That was what I was assuming, as well.  Shame the powers that be didn't bother to announce his replacement as Lensky in Onegin, too.  This is all so hit-and-miss.

• Like 2

Another cast change due to injury

Valentino Zucchetti is replaced by Alexander Campbell in the role of Colas

http://www.roh.org.uk/news/cast-changes-la-fille-mal-gardee-on-21-april-and-2-may-2015

It's a shame for Zucchetti but lovely that Alexander Campbell can dance Fille with Marquez. They worked together so well in Don W. Have booked my tickets already after this news :-)

• 2 weeks later...