ROH 2014/15 Period 1 casting

First-time post, just to say how lovely it is to see Romany Pajdak being given an opportunity in the Brahms Waltzes.  The ROH booking page for the Ashton bill obviously hasn't caught up yet though - Cuthbertson is still listed for all performances.

Hello Booklover89 and welcome out of the lurking shadows!  We look forward to hearing more from you.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the casting for the Brandstrup & co. matinee is up now. Good news for me, a number of my favourites in there. Still lots of unsold seats. I wonder when we can expect the discounts/special offers to commence. As for the performance, can anyone advise as to the running time. I would guess it will be three 'shorts' and two intervals. I am glad it at least starts at a reasonable 2pm but when does it finish? It would be helpful to know with regards to booking transport. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Jacqueline

There seems to be a man missing from the second SV. Does anyone know who it is?

Valentino Zucchetti has been left off the list of dancers for Symphonic Variations on the mixed bill production page for today's performance.  

This may be because his name appears earlier in the list as a Principal in Scènes de Ballet. 

If you go to the page for today's performance you'll find him listed  for Symphonic Variations.

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 1

Just noticed there has also been a cast change for Ceremony of Innocence

Deirdre Chapman and Bennet Gartside to replace Christina Arestis and Edward Watson in two performances (November 14 and 17).

http://www.roh.org.uk/news/cast-change-deirdre-chapman-and-bennet-gartside-to-dance-in-ceremony-of-innocence-on-14-and-17-november-2014

Edited by Bluebird

Deirdre Chapman and Bennet Gartside to replace Christina Arestis and Edward Watson in two performances (November 14 and 17).

http://www.roh.org.uk/news/cast-change-deirdre-chapman-and-bennet-gartside-to-dance-in-ceremony-of-innocence-on-14-and-17-november-2014

Strange.  Mind you, the casting seems to be something of a mishmash anyway.  And when did Arestis replace Yanowsky?

So sorry for Fumi and so sorry not to be seeing her in the upcoming run of Don Q after all.

Not best pleased about the cast change for Ceremony of Innocence as one purchases tickets quite carefully in order to catch both casts and then,,,,,,,!!!!! 

Watson tweeted last night that he'll be having an operation on his foot.

Shame about Cuthbertson. Get a bit fed up with Lamb always being the cover for injured dancers. There are others.

??

Helen Crawford/Romany Pajdak replaced Lauren in Brahms Waltzes; Olivia Cowley in Cassandra, and Yuhui in one of the four Alice's. And besides, Sarah is a fabulous dancer, I'd say one of the RB's finest. That she can stand in, sometimes at the last moment, is a testament to her vast talent.

• Like 9

Shame about Cuthbertson. Get a bit fed up with Lamb always being the cover for injured dancers. There are others.

Yes, but unfortunately there are only two Principals cast as Alice, and with a cinema broadcast I suppose the powers that be didn't want to put on anyone more junior.  Lamb had the last broadcast too, didn't she?