ROH 2014/15 Period 1 casting

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.roh.org.uk/news/additional-casting-confirmed-for-don-quixote

The ROH production page does state: "Details of this, and additional casting, will be available on the Don Quixote production page on Monday" thus I assume/expect they will announce who is cast as "Queen of the Dryads" or "Cupid". 

That was written last Friday so the Monday mentioned was yesterday.  Maybe the casting for those roles isn't yet final.

And for Alice: http://www.roh.org.uk/productions/alices-adventures-in-wonderland-by-christopher-wheeldon

Interesting to see Claire Calvert scheduled to dance Queen of Hearts!

I thought she'd done it?  Or had been scheduled to?  Or perhaps I'm imagining that?

Looks as though they expect Ed Watson to have recovered from his foot operation by then.  Either that, or they haven't got around to amending that bit of the casting.

I thought she'd done it?  Or had been scheduled to?  Or perhaps I'm imagining that?

Looks as though they expect Ed Watson to have recovered from his foot operation by then.  Either that, or they haven't got around to amending that bit of the casting.

I seem to remember that she was in line for the role due to someones injury but it never happened. I think Watson's surgery was timed to possibly allow him to be ready for Alice.

That's a shame for Marquez. She doesn't seem to get many performances these days and is rarely injured. Mind you, I can imagine Takada and Campbell being great together.

Morera is also rarely off, so that's sad too (and she should surely be dancing some performances as Kitri)....

This is a repeat of last year, I think it was Roberta Marquez who was injured for one performance and replaced by Akane Takada, she had those horrible falls at the beginning which lead to the floor having to be replaced in the second interval, which meant I missed seeing Takada and Campbell in the third act, I now have a chance to see them tomorrow, but it looks as if I never will see Roberta Marquez as Kitri .

• 2 weeks later...