Preparing for College/Upper School Auditions

Katymac

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably a 'good thing' if DH doesn't get too involved (or else you'd all be going mad !!!) I can completely understand that it's all very, very nerve wracking, but just remember, your daughter will get a place at whichever school is right for her. X

Nah! He keeps the cat fed, the fire lit, the washing and the shopping done. I worry about this stuff

Mind you he has 4 station runs this week alone! He'll be fine - he had a gig last night, rehersal tomorrow & wed and he is performing again Fri & Sat - so he is busy enough!

• Like 1

I thought I'd put them earlier (page 2) but I checked & I realised I only put the dates, sorry

Friday 29th Nov Audition    Arts Ed 6th form       

Monday 2nd Dec Audition    Millennium      
Saturday 7th Dec Audition     Performers
Sunday 8th Dec Exam Grade 6     (not exactly relevant……but it’s in my list!)
Monday 9th Dec Audition      Laine
Tuesday 10th Dec Audition    Bodyworks

Friday 13th Dec Audition     Urdang

Tuesday 17th Dec Audition   Bird

With Italia Conti & Brit in Jan/Feb (we think)

• Like 6

And blink!How was the exam? My dd had to do it as presentation class, not an exam at the insistence of her teacher and my dd was really annoyed about it. She wanted to do it as an exam as she had worked so hard for it. :(

Thanks guys - we wouldn't be here without all the knowledge & info from this site.

We still have months of waiting ahead as DADAs seem to get decided at Easter even if she ends up with an offer before Christmas (& tbh from what I've heard she is probably too young for a lot of places - so they may offer pre-voc or foundation courses)

It's such a shame she didn't do ballet from an earlier age - I think she could have been quite good.

Thank you all (gosh that sounds final & it so isn't)

• Like 1

She loved it - but reality is setting in

So many people auditioning, so few places and where she & her abilities sit within her cohort, of course she didn't word it quite like that but that's what she meant when she said 'they're all really good'

Laine & Performers seem to take about 1 in 10 & they are not good odds (didn't go to Millennium so I don't know their stats)

I think she panicked after Saturday. I've had a phone call from the 6th form college in the next town (level 3 btec).

She apparently applied/emailed on Saturday night applying for the Level 3-audition is Wednesday! That's tomorrow

<Gulp>